• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Sayad

Dunno. I guess they felt it was a better viewing product.

Probably because Namco Bandai aren't pushing for esport as hard as NRS.

I2 has flashier stuff, but I think Tekken is easier to follow and appreciate what's going on for casuals, especially with I2's zooning.

DRE Fei

It most likely is a money thing. How many people in the mainstream know tekken characters compared to batman and superman?

I think T7 is the better fighter but I understand the choice for eleague.

shaowebb

Okay this shit right here is either parries or some mad as hell perfect guarding. Lookit the color when he blocks. And if you parry projectiles that shit flies off and flies all over the background reaking havoc! Sooooooooooo good!

SIfJgBj.gif

shaowebb

shit's going to be disgusting with 2 assists out at the same time

Holy shit...I think they are playing as Frieza there and he summons an assist before he teleports then another. Those DEFINITELY look like assist calls and not just hard tags. I think you might be able to Nitroplus Blasterz style call assists at the same time or damned close together! Definitely next to no cooldown time between assists if they are one at a time there!

I think you're right. Was there more news to confirm this? I've played that style before in Nitroplus Blasterz and it is INSANE and INTENSE when there are two assists at once possible.

CO_Andy

I would like to see Microsoft reach out to publishers and convince them to make their games crossplatform compatible among XBox, PC, and Switch. That would give them a leg up over Sony in online multi.

The DBZ game does look good, but like in Marvel: Infinite, I need more details before I can get really hype. I need mechanics, movelists, roster...I need the nitty gritty.

Thores

Nicalis just announced a new fighting game on Twitch's stream: Blade Strangers, by the Blade Arcus team. It's a crossover game and includes a bunch of Japanese indie game characters: Princess Solange from Code of Princess, Curly Brace from Cave Story, the girl from Umihara Kiwase, a couple other characters I didn't recognize. It's a traditional 2D fighter that uses simpler, Smash style inputs for special moves. Hopefully there'll be a trailer soon because the guys on stream had no idea how to play the game.

If someone can find pics and make a thread, go for it. I can't since I'm on mobile right now.

shaowebb

Huh...even more fighting games. Nicalis has a fighter with Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase, and Cave Story cast in it called "BLADE STRANGERS".
Easy Input Smash Bros style fighter by the Blade Arcus folks.
Vid of Blade Strangers gameplay

I saw Solange, Master T, Ali, Kawase and Curly so far.

shaowebb

i can't say i ever expected Umihara Kawase or Curly to ever appear in a fighting game

Same. Its got Blade Arcus problems with its animation sadly. Not enough tween frames or shader work. Plus low on the hit spark effects. Makes it a very muted feel in Blade Arcus and it seems similar in this one. However, Blade Arcus in spite of that ( and its original no online and DLC fuckups) is still a good fighting game with decent movesets, good footsies and good systems. Universal cancels, every match first to 5, option to play as your partner next round to change it up, and an assist meter that filled to let you use up to 3 levels of assists or counter assist options (each level assist different than last). Good game and great fun. Solid rushdown as well as zoning stuff through out. Loved the Rick pressure.

If Blade Strangers is as fun as Blade Arcus was with footsies and cancels I can see killing a lot of breaktime again with this title at work on my GPD Win just like I did with Blade Arcus. Hopefully Degica does Thursday night fights for this title too. Loved playing on their stream.

shaowebb

What has me intrigued is they say it is a title that, like smash bros, intends to use characters from multiple indie games as a sort of all stars fighting game. Here's hoping they get some Touhou or perhaps some western Indie cast like Trace from Axiom Verge or Shovel Knight or Lilac from Freedom Planet or something. They say they intend to keep expanding it over and over after it launches so here's hoping this is what eventually does happen and it becomes a title indies sign up to join the roster of.

Flush Marvel down the toiler

Those stoners at Capcom blew it. The DBZ game has all the hype going for it. It's the one game that can unite marvel, sf, and arc sys players.

JeTmAn81

Flush Marvel down the toiler

Those stoners at Capcom blew it. The DBZ game has all the hype going for it. It's the one game that can unite marvel, sf, and arc sys players.

Man it's not even out. We don't even know the official roster. Don't be so hasty, young ones.

6926853b67558cc8275646e96cf9d8dcadd868b239c30fbc4181492671b9d508.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Besides the fact it looks horrid, the game play was dumbed down even more just to cater to casuals as if MVC3 was that much hard to play. DBZ already wins. Capcom fighting division is on notice until they can prove otherwise. I'm sure it'll still end being a good game but DBZ already seems like the better game.

Besides the fact it looks horrid, the game play was dumbed down even more just to cater to casuals as if MVC3 was that much hard to play. DBZ already wins. Capcom fighting division is on notice until they can prove otherwise. I'm sure it'll still end being a good game but DBZ already seems like the better game.
The large number of people that say MvC3 was too hard to play blow my mind.

Numb

Marvel looks like trash and is dumb to smoke.
The future is DBZ.It has everything . It's even anime like Marvel
Huh...even more fighting games. Nicalis has a fighter with Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase, and Cave Story cast in it called "BLADE STRANGERS".
Easy Input Smash Bros style fighter by the Blade Arcus folks.
Vid of Blade Strangers gameplay

I saw Solange, Master T, Ali, Kawase and Curly so far.

i..was expecting a different Solange

Top Bottom