• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

I-hate-u

hope arc sys picks up naruto after this

restore the greatness that was accel 2

Clearly a Shonen All Stars in this style is the next step.

And then after that, Capcom will contract them to do Marvel vs Capcom 4 (if they haven't been bought by Disney or Nintendo yet).

Im not sure if it has to be on kill. It could just be the move itself

I think you need to do the cinematic super KO to do the transition

Frieza's own Death Saucer can hit him, the fanservice is too much lol.
https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/874264324528758784

I lol'd when I saw that.
Or just Dragon Ball because Jump outside of Japan is a licencing hell hole, and while its possible might not even be worth it for them if they can just make bank of DBZ.
J-Stars Victory VS got a western release. I dunno.

I-hate-u

Or just Dragon Ball because Jump outside of Japan is a licencing hell hole, and while its possible might not even be worth it for them if they can just make bank of DBZ.

Fine,
DBZ vs Bleach vs Naruto vs Gintama vs Yugioh vs Hunter x Hunter
Boom, that's all you need. Easy money.

I still can't believe ASW made a marvel game and it looks promising.
MvCi, please don't disappoint.

Alright, cool. I like reset neutrals to give a few seconds to breathe.

Noticed that too. When you lose a character, you don't have to deal with incoming mixups, which is cool change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love the clashes that precede neutral resets after KO. I wonder if there are character-specific clashes (or that's what we saw between Vegeta and Goku in the first trailer? Can't remember).

Game is oozing style.

Sayad

I don't mean to take shots at HxH as a story. Just that it makes more sense that the story that keeps Jump afloat being in over the one that disappears for an indeterminate amount of time.

Is HxH even still on Jump?! That aside, OP and HxH both have better characters and abilities that would make for a better fighting game than a DBZ one, definitely with less clones too.

Updated:

No one seems to care about the actual gameplay specifics in the DB FigherZ thread so I'll drop this here instead

So it looks like Assists have a 5 second cool down. Each character has one assist. The assist are,

Gohan: Uppercut
Goku: Horizontal Kamehameha
Vegeta: Diagonal downward rapid fire
Cell: Diagonal downward Kamehameha
Freeza: Quick horizontal explosion explosion
Buu: Blows pink smoke in a horizontal direction

Assists can take damage but it recovers very very fast.

Characters have blue life which can be recovered while tagged out.

Despite assists recovering life very fast, tagged out characters recover life slower.

Also Tagged out characters have a cool down around 10 seconds before they can be used again as an assist

Raw tags are an attack like Marvel

DHCs are in

The game has push block

Looks like there is a homing dash ala Arcana Heart

You can spend a meter to do a teleport cancel which will put you right behind your opponent. This can be used to extend combos or used with assists for mix ups and punishes.

7 is the max amount of meter you can have.

Instead of X-factor it seems your characters just gain more meter when the others are gone.

This makes someone like Freeza with an install super very good in anchor position

There is some sort of Burst like mechanic called Sparking where you can escape combos and regain your redlife. Indicated by the little lightning bolt under the life bars.

Additional info with gifs can be found here.

Dahbomb

No one seems to care about the actual gameplay specifics in the DB FigherZ thread so I'll drop this here instead

So it looks like Assists have a 5 second cool down. Each character has one assist. The assist are,

DHCs are in

You can spend a meter to do a teleport cancel which will put you right behind your opponent. This can be used to extend combos or used with assists for mix ups and punishes.

Instead of X-factor it seems your characters just gain more meter when the others are gone.

This makes someone like Freeza with an install super very good in anchor position
Good post.

Damn 7 meters, that's hilarious.

Is the teleport this game's version of Roman Cancels?

Also what about calling two assists at one time?

I know all of this is probably in the match footage but I am at work right now so I can't watch.

Updated my post with more info. No one in the gameplay called two assists at once but given what we saw in the reveal trailer I assume that is possible

About the teleport cancel, it's hard to tell. A lot of the time characters were just getting single hits off their teleports.

shaowebb

Despite assists recovering life very fast, tagged out characters recover life slower.

Also Tagged out characters have a cool down around 10 seconds before they can be used again as an assist

DHCs are in

Emphasized my favorite parts. Oh hell yes this will be good. My God that homing dash...I soooooooooo love that in Arcana Heart. I'm glad that when I DBZ fighter was made it had that. I often pushed that if Arcana Heart had DBZ fighters instead of Waifus folks would flip because of how good that game is and how perfectly homing dashes work for that franchise. Now here we are. A DBZ fighter and homing dashes :D

Good times. I'm thinking I may rock Cel/Vegeta/Frieza. One anchor, one assist, and Cel because I likes Cel. Unless Broly or Krillin make it in. Then all bets are off. Krillin especially if he can steer or input paths for his destructo discs to take. Really hoping he gets that ability like in Guilty Gear so he can go all Destructo Disc crazy. Broly I want just so I can grapple folks :D

NEO0MJ

That sounds very disappointing, especially after games like Skullgirls gave you the option to make any move an assist. Wonder if they felt that certain moves were too good to be used as assists.

That sounds very disappointing, especially after games like Skullgirls gave you the option to make any move an assist. Wonder if they felt that certain moves were too good to be used as assists.
I assume it's make balancing easier in the long run. And allows roster size to grow easier too?

Rutger

Banned

I do believe there is something like an X-Factor. Tied to when characters burst, the game will say Sparking to the side, their portrait will glow red with electricity, the character has a red aura and they recover blue health. It looks like their portrait will flash white when it's about to run out.

Lulubop

I do believe there is something like an X-Factor. Tied to when characters burst, the game will say Sparking to the side, their portrait will glow red with electricity, the character has a red aura and they recover blue health. It looks like their portrait will flash white when it's about to run out.

Freeza is def recovering blue life will in that xfactor/sparking mode. Damage and speed don't seemed buffed, so that's good.

Just looks like a burst. Good catch though, I was wondering what the little lighting bolt was.

CO_Andy

why aren't you goobers HYPED for MVCi footage at Sony's press conference

Can Disney fire Capcom and hire arksys to make a marvel super heroes game that looks like this. Wow just the thought of it blows my mind....Capcom don't got it no more time to let them go imo.

Dahbomb

I hope DBF has a sizeable roster and more than 1 assist option.

Sub-20 characters with 1 assist in a 3v3 fighter would get stale pretty fast to be honest. At least Skullgirls had custom assists.

Dahbomb

Nah I am hyped to watch the pros go at it in Marvel Infinite. Tag system has mad potential, people are still sleeping on it.

Well mad potential to be busted but that's hype right guys?

I hope DBF has a sizeable roster and more than 1 assist option.

Sub-20 characters with 1 assist in a 3v3 fighter would get stale pretty fast to be honest. At least Skullgirls had custom assists.

Not really. Most assists in Marvel are trash. A character almost always has just one good one. Doom is the exception not the rule. No one is playing Magneto on hypergrav or Strider on gram.

Dahbomb

Not really. Most assists in Marvel are trash. A character almost always has just one good one. Doom is the exception not the rule. No one is playing Magneto on hypergrav or Strider on gram.
That's a balancing issue though. Characters can easily be made to have multiple good assists but Capcom still has problems with it.

And like if you give a character 3 assists, one of them is at least likely to be good versus having just 1 and it sucking.

That's a balancing issue though. Characters can easily be made to have multiple good assists but Capcom still has problems with it.

And like if you give a character 3 assists, one of them is at least likely to be good versus having just 1 and it sucking.
Not really dude. Assists are based on a characters existing move list. There are only so many moves that are even remotely useful as an assist. Even with Skullgirls create your own assist you see a lot of the same shit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's no timer for GF's transformation specifically but it lasts about 20 seconds using the round timer. Good to know so you can punish his ass like Arthur

Dahbomb

Not really dude. Assists are based on a characters existing move list. There are only so many moves that are even remotely useful as an assist. Even with Skullgirls create your own assist you see a lot of the same shit.
Not always, we have had characters like Morrigan using Dark Harmonizer or Frank West using Shopping Cart as assist which aren't based on point moves. Characters can be modified to have assist moves that are either very different or brand new moves to make them usable.

Eventually though people still figure out the best singular option for assists which is the ultimate limiting factor of them (as you can only use on assist at one time). That's probably why Capcom decided to go with the Tag system, try to make it more dynamic.

Top Bottom