• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

You know here I was thinking that once MvC:I comes out there would be no more fighting games to look forward to.

But then here comes DBFightersZ with the instant transmission to show me how fucking wrong I am.

shaowebb

Gathering up all the vids I can find of the Dragonball Fighter Z demo.

Looks like we got Elimination style 3v3 like KOF where once a life bar is gone it goes to the next round and the next character, but no matter what you can TAG during the round to anyone else and use assist...even on last round when the rest of your team is downed I saw assists used too.

Neat.

Sayad

Looks like we got Elimination style 3v3 like KOF where once a life bar is gone it goes to the next round and the next character, but no matter what you can TAG during the round to anyone else and use assist...even on last round when the rest of your team is downed I saw assists used too.

Neat.
Where did this happen? Downed characters get their icon greyed out just like when you use an assist and are loocked out of it for a while! Don't think you can bring downed characters for an assist.

shaowebb

Where did this happen? Downed characters get their icon greyed out just like when you use an assist and are loocked out of it for a while! Don't think you can bring downed characters for an assist.

On of the vids showed last characters fighting and then an assist popped out. I'll have to go back through but its one of the slow vids from folks who dont know how to play well. Might be the Gohan v Cell one.

As an aside, I like the 3 man tag with assists but if one goes down it starts a new round thing. That'll eliminate a lot of timer scam shit.

EDIT: Fuck. My bad. That wasn't the last dude's assist. That or I'm watching the wrong vid. I'm gonna go get some coffee and try studying this again in a bit. Im makin all kinds of mistakes here.

shaowebb

Yea, like that there'd be no incoming mixup bullshit, does the timer rest between rounds?!

Had to double check because they got a dragonball blocking the clock. Looks like I'm wrong. It looks like its a 3 digit timer and it stays where it was. However, this will still get rid of incoming mixups. Firebrand/Skrull shit aint happening.

shaowebb

Okay it looks like each assist has a cooldown between calls, but I'm still not certain if you cannot call assists simultaneously or one immediately after the other yet. Nice DHC stuff in this vid. Changes apparently are the tags. Not certain on the mid combo tagging stuff like MVCI but I know I saw in another vid a change out where after an air combo someone tagged in Goku to come in on the ground and pick up the KO with a beam so its likely we got that MVCI tag stuff too for high low mixups and extensions. I also saw one of Frieza's minions pop up like an assist or something for an attack that came off screen...maybe Frieza is like Ultron and has summons?

Cool stuff. This is Marvel 4 and then some.

EDIT: WTF I saw 6 bars!? HAHAHAHA! Wow we gonna have some shit go down for sure here. Cannot wait to see this shit play out.

We haven't even gotten an official full video playthrough by Capcom for a game released in September lol... And the DBZ game beat it to the punch..

VariantX

We haven't even gotten an official full video playthrough by Capcom for a game released in September lol... And the DBZ game beat it to the punch..

Some sad truths right here. And DBZ is a 2018 game. Infinite is supposedly less than 4 months away. If they delayed it, I wouldn't even be mad.

Some sad truths right here. And DBZ is a 2018 game. Infinite is supposedly less than 4 months away. If they delayed it, I wouldn't even be mad.

God...Capcom really needs to start with the media blitz for Marvel: Infinite. I'm guessing we'll see something new within the next few days since it's E3, but they need to do like NRS did before IJ2 and just come with new news after new news.

Clawww

God...Capcom really needs to start with the media blitz for Marvel: Infinite. I'm guessing we'll see something new within the next few days since it's E3, but they need to do like NRS did before IJ2 and just come with new news after new news.

yeah can't wait to find out which cool new characters are gonna be DLC. hopefully they can even let us know more about the season pass before the actual game's roster

real talk though I am curious about the remaining gems.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Okay it looks like each assist has a cooldown between calls, but I'm still not certain if you cannot call assists simultaneously or one immediately after the other yet. Nice DHC stuff in this vid. Changes apparently are the tags. Not certain on the mid combo tagging stuff like MVCI but I know I saw in another vid a change out where after an air combo someone tagged in Goku to come in on the ground and pick up the KO with a beam so its likely we got that MVCI tag stuff too for high low mixups and extensions. I also saw one of Frieza's minions pop up like an assist or something for an attack that came off screen...maybe Frieza is like Ultron and has summons?

Cool stuff. This is Marvel 4 and then some.

EDIT: WTF I saw 6 bars!? HAHAHAHA! Wow we gonna have some shit go down for sure here. Cannot wait to see this shit play out.

I think the super bar maxes out at 7.

yeah can't wait to find out which cool new characters are gonna be DLC. hopefully they can even let us know more about the season pass before the actual game's roster

real talk though I am curious about the remaining gems.
I'm pretty sure we know one is the revival gem already..

Dahbomb

DBF looks sick. Only small issue I have is that there a bit too many cinematic interruptions in game but that's fine.

Everything else looks sick. Actually looks like
intense Dragon Ball Z fights, fast and flashy as fuck. Definitely Marvel inspired.

Top Bottom