• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

NEO0MJ

hey if ttob could pull off a solange avatar, you'll be fine

long_time_star_wars.gif

shaowebb

There's no timer for GF's transformation specifically but it lasts about 20 seconds using the round timer. Good to know so you can punish his ass like Arthur

Sorta...you see when Gold Frieza runs out Sherbert can shoot at you to protect Frieza on recovery :D
Not making that up either. Theres a pic of Sherbert at one point in the corner then a laser shoots out to snipe your ass just like in Super. Thats a big fat middle finger to Capcom and Arthur goin full vulnerable at the end of his armor state.

God Frieza looks good too. The move where he pulls the rocks in front of him then throws them, the discs, the air diagonal energy ball that then goes horizontally off the stage once it hits the ground, the lvl 3 wakeup beam super, the finger lasers...so good! This game is spectacular. Saw more Cel earlier too. Looks like he has Bison's slide, heavy hitstun and large pokes. I hope he can cancel slide into a DP that recovers at the top of its arc or jump cancel it or something to simulate Ippatsuman slide up, DP, jump away in out pressure.

EDIT: Holy shit he does! Cel has a flash kick that can be meterburned! This looks like it might work for what I'm after because on block in one clip he goes above his opponent and looks like he air recovers. On hit on EX he can kick up then ax kick them down to continue the combo.

Zissou

Not always, we have had characters like Morrigan using Dark Harmonizer or Frank West using Shopping Cart as assist which aren't based on point moves. Characters can be modified to have assist moves that are either very different or brand new moves to make them usable.

Eventually though people still figure out the best singular option for assists which is the ultimate limiting factor of them (as you can only use on assist at one time). That's probably why Capcom decided to go with the Tag system, try to make it more dynamic.

This- if they're willing to put in the effort, you could have moved specifically made to be and only available as assists.

Quebaz

Most days phone. Frieza though is how I've always spelled it. Cel I can never remember its 1 L or two.

I can tolerate Frieza because that's how the official games spell him (altho Freeza is the One True Spelling). But Cell is literally an english word referencing that he's made out of everyone's cells.

And Sorbet's name is a pun on the dessert.

shaowebb

I can tolerate Frieza because that's how the official games spell him (altho Freeza is the One True Spelling). But Cell is literally an english word referencing that he's made out of everyone's cells.

And Sorbet's name is a pun on the dessert.
Thought he was called Sherbert? Who knows. Names that are food never stick long with me. Its a fighting game and I'm hype. Spelling be damned.

Hard tags in DBZ seem to using the homing dash for the incoming character

Shit moves so fast in the gameplay videos that it's hard to tell, but when you tag out it first says "assist" and then it says "change." I figured that meant you call the assist, then you hit some button to peace out and let the assist stay in. And then the assist can combo off his incoming attack.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What the hell happened to Marvel?!

We are giving NRS crap about faces but this is atrocious. Gamora, Chun, Thanos, etc, all look like crap.

shaowebb

After this I never wanna hear shit talk about NRS needing to learn from Capcom on how to model females or do art again. MVCI looks like hell.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aris is saying Capcom is outsourcing models to NRS. But seriously, there's bad and there's this bad. It's like they cut MVC3's budget by 3/4.

shaowebb

VftV3as.gif
vs
kwIctzIg.png

And also wtf...Black Panther DLC? Games not even out, he's in story mode, and they already tell you they are holding back on one of the ONLY new characters as playable? Capcom you gotta get your shit together. You're hardcore milking people and you're not even bothering to put money enough money into this to make it look even on par with the LAST game in graphics.

wBvgA5t.gif

they couldve shown anything to hype up mvci but instead they digged that hole deeper with a mediocre story mode trailer and no gameplay

Top Bottom