• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Line_HTX

It's not that single player content matters or doesn't matter, it's just that most FG devs don't really know how to do it well enough to sustain the casual player's playtime. The T7 one was good, but I think it didn't go far enough like IJ2 did. At least with ASW there were plenty of different modes to mess around.

Coda

Probably the weirdest thing to me in the game mechsnic wise is the insane proximity guard in this game. You super jump away half screen away and your character is jump away while blocking even though they are no where near an attack. Looks really jank with characters like Dante.

Is there a video example of this somewhere on YouTube? I'd like to see it in motion.

ShinMaruku

All this hootin on Injustice selling so well is gonna be dwarfed by what DBZ will do. However it's arc sys, it can either go swimmingly or to shit...

All this hootin on Injustice selling so well is gonna be dwarfed by what DBZ will do. However it's arc sys, it can either go swimmingly or to shit...

Battle of Z sold less than 700K units, Xenoverse sold 3.1M (which seems like an anomaly, based on other sales), and Xenoverse 2 sold 1.4M. I feel like people are grossly overestimating the sales power of DBZ. They sell about as much as most other games. And if the general perception in the XV community rings true for most of its buyers, there will be very little crossover between XV sales and DBF sales.

ShinMaruku

I would agree but with Dragonball super going on and how great this game looks as well as it being, tag, can really help it push stuff. Most of these other games have not been made by a developer with these credentials and this publisher. It's a different ball game. Also I said either it's swimminly or it's not gonna register. Not saying it will be a sure hit but if it is, it will wreck the others in sales.

You guys sure this is not referring to Combo saying that same frame overhead/lows are autoblocked AKA no real unblockables unless hard coded one like hulk punch.

Afaik game still has hard-to-blockables like overhead/lows few frames apart. Sounds like some misinformation or someone mishearing things. Having said that, I haven't played the game so if anyone here played it at E3 , SDCC or Evo feel free to correct me
Please read the previous posts again. Max gave a clear example of the situation he was in.

chocolate disco

Neo Member
Who played WakuWaku7? Does it have "homeconsole"-mode with training etc. like some of the other SNK games (Garou for example)? I tried to switch it to AES in FBA, but got an error.

MechaX

You forgot to champion how your top tier character is one of the weakest and needs buffs.

Hey I don't play top tiers... but some of my characters need help to compete.

Ky's Greed Sever needs to be full screen, bounce to the top of the screen, and be untechable for combos. Actually, he needs a lot more help to compete, just replace him with his Slash version.

Jack-O's minions should also be invulnerable and start at level 3. Her houses should be invulnerable too and automatically have all three deployed at the start of the round. She's just too weak otherwise.

Katarina's 33333 should combo into itself for 100% damage.

FAZZ should be able to do hyper mega cannon beams that cover the entire map, just like the show.

Juri is fair and balanced though

FAZZ should be able to do hyper mega cannon beams that cover the entire map, just like the show.

Juri is fair and balanced though

pvhcGys.png

oeHBlD1.gif

Based on the EVO 2017 tournament

I'd say Injustice 2 is considered boring.
Dead serious. I went from interested in the campaign to never touching it. The final two matches were okay, but I was already tired of watching the game at that point.

Tekken 7 on the other hand.....
I simply fucking give up on gaming side.

Lemstar

grimmz only got really big in the past couple of months of PUBG; it wasn't that long ago that his average viewer count was still in the mid 3-digit range

also, he's pretty whiny; dunno if he was like that when he played fighting games

Kalamari

Why doesn't Daigo play more GG? Capcom would definitely notice if Daigo dropped their game for something else. Of course, he might need to sacrifice his esports shill status.

How much can you make from these FG leagues anyway

Not enough. Maybe someday though. It would take more people playing fighting games and they would have to become more popular.

That's why I welcome all fighting games, even the ones I don't care for (NRS). SFV might have all kinds of issues, but I do think it has at least put its foot in the door with having television exposure. It's a small first step, and though it's scary, it's the only way we will grow.

NEO0MJ

Probably at the beginning. But armed with a versatile character like Ky, I could certainly see Daigo doing well if he cared enough about the game to put in serious time.

Does Daigo even really care about fighting games at this point? I think he doesn't really enjoy them in general anymore and just does it to get paid and stay relevant.

Sayad

And he'd get his ass kicked in it even worse than he does in SFV.
Doubt that, dude held himself pretty great against Ogawa in that exhibition two week after picking up the game. That and Xrd rewards having strong fighting games fundamentals way better than SFV, at worst he'd be Dugora/Kazunoko tier. At the top of every American major, possible top 8 placer at EVO and maybe get picked by Machaboo as teammate and wins Arc Revo without playing!

I really don't think Daigo's sick of fighting games. I remember just recently seeing a twitter pic of him and some other GG players at a restaurant, fresh off of playing GG. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL to find out that he does indeed still play other fighting games or plays some of the classics in whatever spare time he has.

The problem is I think two fold.

One is the fact that he's not just sponsored, he's HEAVILY sponsored. Twitch, CY games, HyperX and there's probably more. With every single sponsorship, the more pressure you have put on you to stay competitive. That means that he HAS to put all his eggs in the Street Fighter basket regardless of how he feels about the game. He probably can't spend the time to get good at other fighting games simply because the sponsors don't pay him for other games, they pay him for his SF presence.

Second is the fact that Daigo is simply getting on in years. it's just a sad fact that there is going to come a time where Daigo won't be able to perform as consistently as he has in fighting games. The reason could be just age, it could be him having a family, it could be him starting up a business and focusing his time on that it could be anything. Which is why I think Daigo is doing the smartest thing he can in using his image to form a brand. Now he has a manga, an autobiography, a weekly twitch show, t-shirts and other stuff. He's basically making sure that even if his fighting game skills do deteriorate, the fighting game scene will still have a place for him and provide a viable source of income. I could also see Daigo starting up a FG-related business or something based on his brand, maybe something similar to what Alex Valle is doing in the form of WNFs. That way he can still help foster the scene and still have a reliable source of income.

Say what you want about Diego Umejuarez, the man thinks ahead.

Anne

Y'all are looking way too much into this Daigo thing. He likes fighting games, and he says he has a lot of fun doing shows/events for the community. He also likes competing and playing and he's still doing that while making cool stuff. It's not that he's some super secret business man or just rying to make a bunch money. He clearly is doing what he can to have a bit of a brand and make money, but a lot of what he says comes down to "I think it would be a fun and good thing to do this, so I do it."

ShinMaruku

Yeah. Daigo is just doing him. Perhaps why he is not doing so hot because they style of game is not for him. It's similar to people not giving Kazunoko the respect he deserves, he has placed very well and nobody talks about him. He is easily on the level of du Punk and Tokido.

Skilletor

Probably at the beginning. But armed with a versatile character like Ky, I could certainly see Daigo doing well if he cared enough about the game to put in serious time.

Ya'll know Daigo used to have a good Sol, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_zo0dvfzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sRurdImDoo

lol @ all the FRCs

And he'd get his ass kicked in it even worse than he does in SFV.

Mebbe, mebbe not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bijpz85T0ZI

Talking about a dude who could put in the time and would have an entire community, the best players in the world, as a resource.

Yeah. Daigo is just doing him. Perhaps why he is not doing so hot because they style of game is not for him.
Yup, I've been saying this since S1, SFV (in S1 and S2) are not games that fit the way Daigo plays fighting games. They don't allow YOLO play, they don't allow changing up the pace from defensive to offensive at will and they most certainly do not have a fireball game to speak of.

Ya'll know Daigo used to have a good Sol, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_zo0dvfzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sRurdImDoo

lol @ all the FRCs
Hot damn, I didn't know Daigo played Guilty Gear at such a level!

Top Bottom