• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Daigo could never touch another fighting game for the rest of his life and would probably still rack up more sponsors in the next six month than all of the American FGC combined.

Skilletor

Daigo could never touch another fighting game for the rest of his life and would probably still rack up more sponsors in the next six month than all of the American FGC combined.

Him playing other fighters would be awesome since people that might not pay attention would just because he's Daigo.

Even though I'm a big Bloody Roar fan, I'm still shit at it and I often treated it as a 2D game and not taking advantage of Sidestepping.

Learning 3D fighters was a real trip for me as someone who's almost exclusively played 2D games. Having access to the third dimension, the general way blocking and moves work in 3D fighting game took a while to get accustomed to. It really was like learning fighting games all over again. Still fun though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He's an ambassador. Semi-retired.

Look at Kobe and Daigo. When they were in their prime, they rarely smiled and associated themselves with anyone. They were all about the game. Now Kobe is like the nicest guy ever and he actually talks to and wants to teach others. Daigo is the same.

Daigo has said in a few interviews/documentaries that he's not out to be number one anymore. His focus is more on growing the scene and building up the FGC.

Sayad

Daigo has said in a few interviews/documentaries that he's not out to be number one anymore. His focus is more on growing the scene and building up the FGC.

He also said that his Guile run at ELeauge(or was it red bull kumite!) re-ignited the flame of competition inside him... Or something like that!

Hyun Sai

Oh well, future tournaments will be funny. We got a Jack 7 for USA, Korea, and Japan now. Are people still rating the character low tier ?

Forward

Oh well, future tournaments will be funny. We got a Jack 7 for USA, Korea, and Japan now. Are people still rating the character low tier ?

Only the Jack players. It never made sense to me, honestly. Not on console (the only version I, as a Westerner, ever got to play), at any rate.

pretty amazing grand finals

this is what i love about fighting games

an "unknown" can come through and eat everyone's lunch

Unless you're talking about Street Fighter.

Because, if an "unknown" wins in SF, people will take to twitter claiming that the game is random.

Heck, even if a well known player wins 3 or 4 tourneys in a row, people will still call SF random.

Top Bottom