• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Yeah movie characters, same as Broly.

nah, not quite. there's no question broly is gonna be in this game

That's the impression I've gotten. If there's gonna be two of anyone it's probably gonna be Gohan. If I had to guess, they're gonna put Gotenks in instead of having Goten and Trunks as separate characters.

yea, we'll probably get adult gohan. you're probably right about gotenks being in, but i would actually love if fusions were a transformation you could pull midmatch if you had both characters on your team . . . . . . . yea, i know it's not happening

Village

That's the impression I've gotten. If there's gonna be two of anyone it's probably gonna be Gohan. If I had to guess, they're gonna put Gotenks in instead of having Goten and Trunks as separate characters.

Well rumor has it goku blue is aleady in the game. Whether its a transformation state or not, I have no idea, but apparently folks have seen it

shaowebb

I swear if they make Goten and Trunks work like the Melty Blood maids with Gotenks as an install super I'm gonna lose my shit

I have preached and hoped for this very thing so hard it hurts. Plus think about the moves Gotenks had! Splodey Ghosts, grabbity donut, lots of capture and trap stuff. Its not like he'd lose his setup play that'd likely be his game design in Goten/Trunks style once he goes Gotenks. If anything it'd get even crazier because instead of having your partner character so close to swap over and use you could then fill the ENTIRE stage up with obstacles and go for donut grabs all the while whilst rushing that shit down as Gotenks once you've setup the gauntlet for them to try to make it through. It'd be like Ms Fortune + Carl Clover on crack.

So hoping for this shit. Such amazing gameplay possibilities in making kid Trunks and kid Goten into a Melty Blood Maid style moveset with a Gotenks install super state that changes their moveset.

i forgot that golden freiza's already in the game, so yea, super characters shouldn't really be a question at this point

If you really want to split hairs, they've technically only shown us content from DBZ so far, since Golden Freeza and SS Blue debuted in the film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F.

If you really want to split hairs, they've technically only shown us content from DBZ so far, since Golden Freeza and SS Blue debuted in the film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F.

hey that's a good catch

i guess we don't have to worry about if they're including non canon characters now, or maybe it's just that we don't have to wonder about super characters

FSLink

Banned

Yeah, it's splitting hairs for sure, since even if they didn't redo the movie arcs in Super, it's not like they would ignore the rest of Super when Super's popular.

Yeah, it's splitting hairs for sure, since even if they didn't redo the movie arcs in Super, it's not like they would ignore the rest of Super when Super's popular.

There was also an interview shortly after E3 where the game's producer was asked if anyone from Super would be in it. She said something along the lines of "we want to appeal to multiple generations of Dragon Ball fans." So yeah, we're probably getting at least Hit or someone.

CO_Andy

Too much filthy DB talk in this thread

Who's down for some Inhumans in the HAWTEST new fighter, MVCi?

IDK what they're going to do about universal homing airdash and teleport if they put in characters like Mai, Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Launch, etc.

. . . not give a shit and let them homing dash anyway

no one's gonna give a fuck if suddenly some characters can jump really well, in midair, multiple times

. . . not give a shit and let them homing dash anyway

no one's gonna give a fuck if suddenly some characters can jump really well, in midair, multiple times

Yep, doesn't really matter in a fighting game. If they can take a punch from a Super Saiyan without exploding, why not let them dash and jump high?

Village

IDK what they're going to do about universal homing airdash and teleport if they put in characters like Mai, Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Launch, etc.

Problably not in the game
After image
Jetpack
Problably not in the game

In that order, for the non super people that get in, as few as those might be, I feel as though there will be creative solutions to that problem

Line_HTX

Very interesting. Not a sequel nor continues the story and does not play like Blazblue and working from the ground up.

It sounds like a fun experimental idea that they never got to try out so having it straight to consoles would be something while keeping Blazblue proper still getting arcade revenue.

ShinMaruku

I will def give this a shot. Just give me Nine and Labda and Izayoi and whoever else they got.
Japan is gonna love Ruby

Line_HTX

Yeah, Ruby seems like something they would put in and be like, she can fight in an FG. I've never seen RWBY so I have no clue what she is or who she is.

so they're not just dumping all the sprites from all three games in? what's the fucking point then?

it's also "funny" that they showed an early reveal so fans could tell them who they want on the roster, even though the roster is set in stone

so they're not just dumping all the sprites from all three games in? what's the fucking point then?

it's also "funny" that they showed an early reveal so fans could tell them who they want on the roster, even though the roster is set in stone
idk I read that line like "we already know who the obvious fan favorites are through market research but we left a few slots open in case of a dark horse candidate"

the fact that they aren't just adding all three rosters is already an F as far as I'm concerned

wake me when the final roster is out and platinum is on it

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom