• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games: Summer Jam, HK CPTA, SCRII Prelude, X-MANIA XVI! PAX PRIME & MORE

https://twitter.com/brokentier/status/637835324031410176

CNoLlQvVAAAuCxu.jpg

And they're making a promotion out of it.

*dead*

Tripon

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 44m44 minutes ago
This is the EXACT reason no one is allowed on the mic at Evo!

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/637827133960663040

Savage!

James Chen ‏@jchensor 13m13 minutes ago
Whenever the X-Mania stream starts, I'll try and startup a re-stream on http://twitch.tv/UltraChenTV ! Follow our channel to know when it starts!

James Chen ‏@jchensor 15m15 minutes ago
I was given the go-ahead by Mattsun, one of the heads of XMania, to do an ENG commentary re-stream. So if all runs according to schedule...

James Chen ‏@jchensor 16m16 minutes ago
So XMania update: ST singles ran long, they are finishing top 8 today, starts ~9:30pm PT. Then the 3v3 happens after. http://twitch.tv/mikado_ssf2x

Nice!

The Light

I'm probably the only person who did not find PL vs Sonicfox entertaining. Blowouts are just boring and it was clear who was going to win the mm before they even started. I would've been more interested and hype if Sonic was against one of the yomi guys.

I'm probably the only person who did not find PL vs Sonicfox entertaining. Blowouts are just boring and it was clear who was going to win the mm before they even started. I would've been more interested and hype if Sonic was against one of the yomi guys.

I think the entertainment comes from the fact that PL talks so much shit and makes excuses and is a total asshole overall. On top of that the speech and getting 13-0'd in a FT10 only adds to the entertainment.

When you talk shit after losing a FT10 10-0.

"You beat me with your side character, but I can totally beat your main character!"

Well, it was more than just a side character. Kitana is SonicFox's counterpick to Tempest Kung Lao. But yeah, trying to blame the matchup blew up in his face.

Dahbomb

That exhibition will be going down in history.

How the fuck do you lose 13-0 in a FT10 exhibition?

That is REAL LEGEND shit right there...

phaonaut

That exhibition will be going down in history.

How the fuck do you lose 13-0 in a FT10 exhibition?

That is REAL LEGEND shit right there...

This is the real kicker. No one really talks about xian vs diago 10-0 anymore, but 13-0 in a first to 10 is like getting fired on your day off.

4-Friday-quotes.gif

TheChits

Super Turbo is so great to watch. I hope there is another tournament of legends or something of that nature at Evo next year

Crocodile

Perfect Legend achieved the impossible by losing a first to ten 13-0

So I'm clearly late to the party but how does this even work? Like Legend tried to call 3 do-overs or something? They kept playing after the 10-0 and eventually Sonic Fox got bored and walked away?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it

After the 10-0, PL tried to make an excuse that he was prepping for Sonic Fox's Erron Black.

So Big E made them play a 3 out of 5 with Sonic FOX playing Erron Black.

LMFAO

Numb

So I'm clearly late to the party but how does this even work? Like Legend tried to call 3 do-overs or something? They kept playing after the 10-0 and eventually Sonic Fox got bored and walked away?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it

LMFAO

Fell on Sonic's sword on purpose after he lost and Sonic was just about to sheath it.

The sad thing is that Perfect Legend pretty much is a legend. He kinda tarnished a bit of his legacy with this whole thing. Shoulda just accepted his status and made it his goal to get back to the top rather than pretending he already is. At least Chillin didn't have much of a legacy before he got 5-0'd. This situation is like Brett Favre coming out of retirement and guaranteeing a Super Bowl win for his team.... Only to go 0-16.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Proof that past glories doesn't necessarily carry into the next game. And practice and hard work needs to be put in. Sonicfox puts his work in and he spends an extraordinary amount of time teaching people how to play whatever game he is.

I am interested to seeing how the top SFIV guys will do in SFV. Guys that relied on BS and lack fundamentals and all that will probably do worse. SFV just seems much more honest than SFIV.

Top Bottom