• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

vulva

Last year America was overrating SnakeEyez though. I think he's rated fine now that people have calmed down

hitsugi

Anyone want to get some USF4 on PC for a bit? Want to try out the latest "update"

Edit - nevermind.. still completely unplayable... it's actually worse than before, again.

zlatko

Banned
They did and it's fucking trash. This game had 1 playable week on PC. Unbelievable.

We can try together. My steam ID is my GAF name.

Also, fuck pop ups from steam store crashing the game. I love losing close matches due to this bull shit. Who thought this was a good idea?

Everything about USF4 PC pisses me right off.

hitsugi

We can try together. My steam ID is my GAF name.

Also, fuck pop ups from steam store crashing the game. I love losing close matches due to this bull shit. Who thought this was a good idea?

Everything about USF4 PC pisses me right off.

I added you - I'm Hiryu, but I'm hopping off for a bit. Game gave me straight up flashbacks of when I'd just stare at myself getting roundhoused in the face instead of DPing.

I'm guessing you're behind a router?

I'm also on a computer.

edit - I don't mean to be crass, but I presume there's more behind that question so I am interested in hearing what could be wrong. I've also tried direct connections and haven't seen a difference as far as SF netplay goes though. The only time there was any improvement was briefly during the first beta, and it lasted around a week.

pixelish

I added you - I'm Hiryu, but I'm hopping off for a bit. Game gave me straight up flashbacks of when I'd just stare at myself getting roundhoused in the face instead of DPing.

I'm also on a computer.

edit - I don't mean to be crass, but I presume there's more behind that question so I am interested in hearing what could be wrong. I've also tried direct connections and haven't seen a difference as far as SF netplay goes though. The only time there was any improvement was briefly during the first beta, and it lasted around a week.

i have been playing pc ultra lately and it's indeed worse than before, even with wired connection. stuttering happens way more frequently now and some were so bad that i lost connection to my opponent. i can't believe that only one person on capcom is doing the technical support for all the capcom games on pc.

onionfrog

They did and it's fucking trash. This game had 1 playable week on PC. Unbelievable.
They managed to make it worse?!
O_O
It was bad enough already. Everything since the move to steamworks has been a complete clusterfuck. I'd rather play on PSN.

i have been playing pc ultra lately and it's indeed worse than before, even with wired connection. stuttering happens way more frequently now and some were so bad that i lost connection to my opponent.
More frequent stuttering, jeeze!
:p

i can't believe that only one person on capcom is doing the technical support for all the capcom games on pc.
Its pretty crazy...

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Wow Level Up Live viewership numbers are pretty bad. Hovering at 900 while Sp00ky is rocking 4,800. I'm guessing this is the norm?

I feel sorry for Valle I want to see all the streams do well, not sure if viewers are really interested in watching online level play.

Also, I'm still mad about Marvel players who stopped attending NLBC. East Coast is pretty free at Marvel right now so this did not do their scene any good.

Anyway, I think Sp00ky should take the chance to really promote MKX at NLBC. It seems like they never try to push new games. And, MKX is gonna be biggest fighting game coming out in a long long time. MKX + SF would be good for business. Though, people got to invest the money, or the NRS community got to step up and bring consoles. Clearly PS4 is best platform since it supports old PS3 sticks too.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Oh yeah, I forgot NRS is using the driver.

Your statement was general, which isn't true.

Yeah my bad I should have been more clear I was talking about MKX.

I don't see them every supporting the driver system wide because the arcade stick makers would be mad salty lol.

Think we will see TOs pick up/renting PS4s en masse in the next few months?

Yeah I can see them buying PS4 for the majors. Though, I think a few majors already ran GGXrd on PS4?

Oh yeah Capcom pro tour events will be switching to PS4 as well once USF4 comes out on it. (Dat Sony money. Kreygasm)

Ghazi

Did Noel ever get out of jail? I was just reminded about him, saw him at an arcade a few weeks before

I think he was drunk and I was really young, really weird circumstances.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Is this a prediction or are those the rules/mandatory?

No 100% confirmation yet. But, that is the talk I've heard about.

We know already that Evo will be on PS4. I don't see why Sony would be cool with Capcom Pro Tour running on X360 once PS4 version is out.

Hopefully they are smart and use the PS3 controller driver to support PS3 sticks would make the transition much easier.

jbug617

Banned
No 100% confirmation yet. But, that is the talk I've heard about.

We know already that Evo will be on PS4. I don't see why Sony would be cool with Capcom Pro Tour running on X360 once PS4 version is out.

Hopefully they are smart and use the PS3 controller driver to support PS3 sticks would make the transition much easier.

my guess Premier Events will be PS4. Ranking events will let them use 360

Anne

Think we will see TOs pick up/renting PS4s en masse in the next few months?

From the people I've talked to, probably. Idk if CapCup is mandatory PS4 once it's out, but I do know at the least it's heavily encouraged for premiers, and the Evo swing has put pressure on us. MKX being on PS4 and having the option to run Xrd/BBCP on them makes them investment somewhat more reasonable, since they can be used in multiple areas.

Idk if en masse, but I know investments into the systems are already being made.

Edit: Even if CapCup isn't making PS4 mandatory, Evo more or less controls the format we play things on so TOs will move to that anyways. I also forgot to mention there's no point in not converting SF4 set ups to PS4 (other than money, which is the main reason it didn't already happen) considering you're going to be using the same systems for SF5.

Shouta

Did Noel ever get out of jail? I was just reminded about him, saw him at an arcade a few weeks before

I think he was drunk and I was really young, really weird circumstances.

I didn't mean it to be offensive. I could see the gif being taken as such, but I'm genuinely curious.

Don't post a gif like that man. It's tasteless and we don't need to be bringing up violent stuff like that again and again in that manner.

Zissou

lol at Flash

convo1nzu27.png

convo2avujf.png

convo3ssune.png

convo4zxum5.png

convo5qnu95.png

convo61funw.png

convo7oiuzc.png

convo8j2upi.png

convo9oxu28.png

convo101jujx.png