• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Looking at the Double Elimination site, it looks like Infiltration, Poongko, Shiro, Kim123, and Gonzalez are confirmed to be competing in Ultra so far.

Lemstar

CCCZ82LWYAAUd6u.png:large

alstein

That blows, i recently picked up Battle Fantasia to experiment with. It's a fun game with a really nice style. I would like to see what a sequel could amount to.

(And today i picked up MK9 komplete. >.> The hype is too strong and last gen versions are delayed until summer so... I kinda feel like knowing a lot of games is helping me become a tiny bit better as a player in general.)

She sounded really discouraged with the Japanese game industry in general. I feel for her- I think she's a good designer who made a good system (even if Arcsys tried to junk it up with combos)*

* The source for that was an interview that is on a dead site now.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
The snake eyes tweet was godlike lol.

K-Brad should really just keep his mouth shut. Why is even saying SnakeEyez is most overrated when SnakeEyez still makes top 8's and beats other top players.

I don't even recall the last time Kbrad made top 8 in a stacked USF4 major.

What a clown. To me his shots at SnakeEyez just comes off as jealousy.

She sounded really discouraged with the Japanese game industry in general. I feel for her- I think she's a good designer who made a good system (even if Arcsys tried to junk it up with combos)*

* The source for that was an interview that is on a dead site now.

That really is unfortunate. Battle Fantasia deserved better. In Europe at least that game was sent out to die, coming out two weeks after SF4. I hadn't even really heard of it myself until fairly recently i think, definitely not in a positive light.

Papstr

Neo Member
Antioch (Nashville Metro area), TN.

Here's the other one in Middle TN, it's at Rivergate Mall in Hendersonville. Wilson owns it as well, so thigns get moved back and forth.

Having these places around here makes me oh so happy. My life'd probably be a lot different if not for the Game Galaxy.

alstein

That really is unfortunate. Battle Fantasia deserved better. In Europe at least that game was sent out to die, coming out two weeks after SF4. I hadn't even really heard of it myself until fairly recently i think, definitely not in a positive light.

I'd say it was the first game that handled parries correctly (Yatagarasu does as well).

Really smart game, with a really cute art style.

I don't think scheduling had much to do with it.

I remember NPD insider type folks mentioning the initial NA release of Battle Fantasia (360 retail disc) sold only ~6,500 units its first month on the market (September 2008).
SF4 didn't come out until 5 months later.

FourMyle

K-Brad should really just keep his mouth shut. Why is even saying SnakeEyez is most overrated when SnakeEyez still makes top 8's and beats other top players.

I like Kbrad but that was just retarded of him. Yeah Snake Eyez hasn't been winning major events, but no other american has been either lol. K-Brad went 1-6 at SXSW, didn't even make it to top 16 at neither FR nor NCR while Snake Eyez made top 8 in the former and top 16 for the latter.

Shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house.

pixelish

I like Kbrad but that was just retarded of him. Yeah Snake Eyez hasn't been winning major events, but no other american has been either lol. K-Brad went 1-6 at SXSW, didn't even make it to top 16 at neither FR nor NCR while Snake Eyez made top 8 in the former and top 16 for the latter.

Shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house.

well he did put himself as #2 most overrated player and mike ross did call him out saying he's not good lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97EAnXcSWLw&t=15m37s

I don't think scheduling had much to do with it.

I remember NPD insider type folks mentioning the initial NA release of Battle Fantasia (360 retail disc) sold only ~6,500 units its first month on the market (September 2008).
SF4 didn't come out until 5 months later.

Can't have helped. Anime game on 360 only in the US (at first at least)? Bunch of content cut in EU and coming out two weeks after SF4? Those... wouldn't be the decisions i'd make if i wanted my game to sell well or even decently.

But all water under the bridge now, obviously. With rolling out safe BB, GG and Persona updates one presumes ASW have enough on their plate for the future. I'd be pretty surprised to see another new (or old) series outside of those pop up from them soon.

K-Brad is terrible without his OP Cammy stealing wins.

vulva

Xiao Xi= Xiao Hai?

Dakou and Xaiohai are pretty much to KOF98 what Justin and ChrisG were/are to MVC3.

I haven't heard of Xiao Xi to be honest, so I assumed it was a miscommunication. I could just be ignorant though.

Xiao Hai's SF4 play is flat out ridiculous though. I kinda like him to win EVO this year even.

pixelish

I haven't heard of Xiao Xi to be honest, so I assumed it was a miscommunication. I could just be ignorant though.

Xiao Hai's SF4 play is flat out ridiculous though. I kinda like him to win EVO this year even.

i think he simply fused xiao hai's and xian's names into one.

smurfx

get some go again
There was no Injustice National tournament so I didn't participate. :(

Last new game I took seriously was MK9 :(
i know i keep bothering you with this but are you guys making any new pads for the 360? maybe an xbox1/360 pad with switch? don't leave us hanging. :(

Top Bottom