• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

chriskun

Well he isn't actually playing a lot from what I heard. He is involved in a community effort in his city to help gather food for the homeless or something like that and he's now more studying other players than playing himself.

I mean, do you really need to practice backdashing and Ultra 2, it's pretty simple.

pixelish

these players need to get a proper sponsorship:
dieminion
snake eyez
kazunoko
bonchan
infiltration
poongko

it would be nice if smug gets sponsored but most likely he'll turn down the offer since he's more committed to school

vocab

I went to eventhubs to see the results, and of course I run into a beautifully written article with the line "According to the Rufus and Rose main, he says he's "around 70% of his total potential in Street fighter". By comparison, this is around the level Lord Beerus handicapped himself to when he fought Goku in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods."

I don't know what I expected.

that some good shit right there

thanks for sharing

D U D L E Y B O Y Z

RNKd0i5.jpg

I went to eventhubs to see the results

well there's your problem right there

Dahbomb

I went to eventhubs to see the results, and of course I run into a beautifully written article with the line "According to the Rufus and Rose main, he says he's "around 70% of his total potential in Street fighter". By comparison, this is around the level Lord Beerus handicapped himself to when he fought Goku in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods."

LMFAO!!!!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

In the original article I noticed the 70% line being Freeza-esque. Didn't think someone would actually write about it like that in an article.

Horseress

One of their writers is called "MajinTenshinhan", so yeah, this is actually expected

Nyoro SF

I know the guy who wrote this and he's a pretty funny dude. lol

M3z_

To people who saw the Sako v Smug match was it pretty good? I see the set was close, considering how well Gamerbee abused Elena on Smug at NCR I would of guessed Sako was gonna blow Smug up. Did it look like Smug had developed some progress in the match up or was Sako just playing differently.

M3z_

Viper is the most technologically inclined character in the game. In more ways than one.

Yet she's dumb.

Deejay players.

Viper is dumb. Execution is not intelligence. There are a variety of reasons why Viper is a dumb character.

She relies on specials dramatically more than normals making her very non street fighter in design. This means many viper players never develop good footies or ground control.

She is heavily rewarded for knockdown pressure and has an abundance of wakeup options that can lead to the pressurer getting knocked down and her stealing momentum. This disproportionately incentivizes waking up with random shit for her because her wheel of fortune wakeup is so varied that it is difficult to OS everything she might do. This means many Viper players never learn to block because it is just strategically less valuable.

Her superjump bk often leads to people only wanting to take ground in huge chunks. There is very little nuance to the ranges she plays at.

I can write a thesis on why she is a stupid character being that I played her for about 3 years, and I am familiar with a lot of her matchups and risk/reward scenarios.

I don't necessarily think she is the dumbest character but there is no doubt in my mind she is incredibly stupid, and breeds stupid players.

Kimosabae

Banned
What a dumb post. Shit is not even that serious. I was being tongue-in-cheek.

She's overrated. In Ultra especially. I stand by it. Don't have the time or care to argue against petty salt shaking.

zlatko

Banned
Viper is dumb. Execution is not intelligence. There are a variety of reasons why Viper is a dumb character.

She relies on specials dramatically more than normals making her very non street fighter in design. This means many viper players never develop good footies or ground control.

She is heavily rewarded for knockdown pressure and has an abundance of wakeup options that can lead to the pressurer getting knocked down and her stealing momentum. This disproportionately incentivizes waking up with random shit for her because her wheel of fortune wakeup is so varied that it is difficult to OS everything she might do. This means many Viper players never learn to block because it is just strategically less valuable.

Her superjump bk often leads to people only wanting to take ground in huge chunks. There is very little nuance to the ranges she plays at.

I can write a thesis on why she is a stupid character being that I played her for about 3 years, and I am familiar with a lot of her matchups and risk/reward scenarios.

I don't necessarily think she is the dumbest character but there is no doubt in my mind she is incredibly stupid, and breeds stupid players.

Speaking of Viper players...wtf ever happened to Wolfkrone? He was "the Smug" of FGC before Smug showed up lol.

I'm sayin..

she's top 3 dumbest characters in this game right next to Seth
and Adon

Rhapsody

Banned
To people who saw the Sako v Smug match was it pretty good? I see the set was close, considering how well Gamerbee abused Elena on Smug at NCR I would of guessed Sako was gonna blow Smug up. Did it look like Smug had developed some progress in the match up or was Sako just playing differently.

It was close, but mostly because Smug was not playing as well as he should have. He dropped way too many punishes letting Sako get away with more pressure. Smug was actually up 2-0 at the start and then Sako started adapting.

You could see Sako do some wakeup options that gave Smug issues. Got blown up a lot by wakeup backdash.

I'm asking again, was all of Topanga supposed to be PPV or something? People make it sound like it was.

Imm0rt4l

Speaking of Viper players...wtf ever happened to Wolfkrone? He was "the Smug" of FGC before Smug showed up lol.
Lamenting about how much he hates ultra... probably. Wolfkrone wasn't really all that likable, unlike smug. I think delayed wakeup was a blowup for him, he doesn't like it from what I hear.

Imm0rt4l

It was close, but mostly because Smug was not playing as well as he should have. He dropped way too many punishes letting Sako get away with more pressure. Smug was actually up 2-0 at the start and then Sako started adapting.

You could see Sako do some wakeup options that gave Smug issues. Got blown up a lot by wakeup backdash.

I'm asking again, was all of Topanga supposed to be PPV or something? People make it sound like it was.

So it isn't ppv?

Top Bottom