• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

pixelish

LOL poongko ended the round with ex sonic boom > triple dash > ex dp

edit: poongko's ultra game is amazing right now. he's 4/4 with his ultra.

Poongko climbs out of the grave and forces a final round. Poongko takes the match after Bonchan focus dashed stretchy arms and punishes with U2 again. Another great set, Bonchan nearly had it but Poongko had a huge come back in the 2nd round of the last game.

OMG, Bonchan focus dashes stretchy arms and wins with U2 punish. We're gonna have another 5-4 match, the 5th of the day.

The struggle is real Count.
jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

pixelish

all the matches involving poongko have been excellent. i think he's the mvp of the tournament so far.

edit: anyone knows if xian and sako have played each other in ultra before?

edit2: i think xian just said he's ready to expose sako's elena with his gen as he used elena as well.

all the matches involving poongko have been excellent. i think he's the mvp of the tournament so far.

edit: anyone knows if xian and sako have played each other in ultra before?

Yep, in a little event called "Capcom Cup". Sako beat Xian with Evil Ryu to be the first CapCup Champ.

Taking the world champ to duff city has tons of recovery frames huh

a7tiS2V.gif

this gif has so much content in it.

Smug with the sigh of relief recovery period.

Momochi with the long walk to smug for the gentleman's shake.

smug denying momochi the shake and the finger wag for "i need some more time to recover"

momochi with the awkward body language, fixing his sweater, looking to the back in obvious frustration and probably thinking to himself "Oh come on man, hurry up i wanna do the sportsmanlike shake so i can leave". look at his face during the turn.

smug finally giving him the shake, standing up, backwards hat. and the finger wiggles for "oh yeah i'm awesome!"

Sako down 0-2, he went to the character select screen but decided to stay with Elena instead of switching to Evil Ryu.

Wait what? Elena can low profile Gen's EX DP? Xian has landed like 3 or 4 random Ultras so far lol.

4-1 Xian so far, this is about to be a blow up unless Sako can make a miraculous comeback.

Xian finishes the set by whiff punishing something with cr. MP, hands, super.

Luffy's been doing his homework. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it over Daigo but I'll be rooting for the beast.

EDIT: Daigo with 2 convincing wins now.

EDIT: Damn, Daigo whiff punishes reflect with Ultra to take game 3.

EDIT: Another dominating game by Daigo, he's on game point now. I didn't expect this after how good Louffy looked in the first game.

EDIT: Daigo wins with a big come back in the final round to take the set.

Daigo had a lot of dominating rounds, so this was definitely a blow up even if you ignore the score. I kept editing because I see no one posting so I didn't want to have 5 consecutive post by me lol.

Luffy was on R's show that's streamed on nico nico and Luffy said he only practiced 1-3 hours a week. R started laughing because the japanese players all practice for 7-10 hours a day.

and MAHVEL is the culprit for some high profile carpal tunnel syndrome situations :s

or maybe they have wide pathways for their nerves!

Exr

I remember coming to 4 from 3s and hating the goofy shit like invincible backdashes, ultras, the way the combos work etc. Im still not a fan of it but now Im much more into it thanks to the level of play we have now. These matches sound amazing and Im really glad Smug won some.
Doea China have any other super dominant players? I know of Xiaohai and Dakou but there must be others right?

Mr. X

Smug doesn't let the loses from the day before get to him and does very well today. Awesome.

I really want to see how he played vs Elena

Dudley's strength is in his damage/dizzy output. Dudley is never really out of a match because because in most cases, 2 combos are a dizzy. Dud's normals are butt though.
EX Thunderbolt does an absurd amount of chip damage.
U1 vs Sagat - eh, U2 has way more utility and U1 does add anything that Duck Upper FADC doesn't in the scare department and I say this as someone who use to use U1 vs Sagat.

Top Bottom