• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

SON OF A BITCH

i0LiGd9tfl08X.gif

Jaxel

Jaxel, this multiview thing kicks ass. Is there a way to resize the videos?

Edit: Link to my setup if anyone else wants to try it http://8wayrun.com/streams/multi?type=4&pos1=1.fgtvlive.video&pos3=1.irongalaxy.video&pos4=1.irongalaxy.chat&pos2=1.fgtvlive.chat

Sadly, no resizing options yet... that would require a lot of jQuery work that I dont have time for at the moment.

For now, I've made some new layouts for you guys:
http://8wayrun.com/streams/multi?ty...t&pos5=1.irongalaxy.chat&pos4=1.8wayrun.video

The Injustice 24/7 lobby on pandaxgaming2's channel has been getting a crazy amount of viewers the last couple days. It's at 1400 right now.

What's been interesting is the amount of comic book discussion in the chat. I don't even remember Marvel having this much comic book discussion when it was released. Now, it could be a bad sign that people aren't in it for the game but it this has a chance to grab some genuine new players from the comic book fandom that stick around the scene.

In any case I'm trying to organize two tournaments at my local comic/card shop. I'm running it concurrent with this weekend's Magic the Gathering prerelease tournament and next weekend's Free Comic Book Day, so hopefully we get some bleed-over entrants and participants from both events to give the game a shot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's been interesting is the amount of comic book discussion in the chat. I don't even remember Marvel having this much comic book discussion when it was released. Now, it could be a bad sign that people aren't in it for the game but it this has a chance to grab some genuine new players from the comic book fandom that stick around the scene.

In any case I'm trying to organize two tournaments at my local comic/card shop. I'm running it concurrent with this weekend's Magic the gathering prerelease tournament and next weekend's Free Comic Book Day, so hopefully we get some bleed-over entrants from both events to give the game a shot.
You better believe there was always a ton of character talk for Marvel, it never really ends either since Marvel fans are always fiending for more more more more characters. Same goes for Injustice fans I'm guessing and the DC Universe, and maybe especially so after the lackluster rumoured DLC character list. People still begging for Black Panther, Gambit, Squirrel Girl, etc.

Over time a lot of those people wean off of these games and threads/discussions though. But around launch of both vanilla and ultimate there was a lot of comics recommendation and elaboration going on. The crossover appeal or use of a non-FG-specific IPs eventually means less people playing through later in it's lifetime who aren't into fighting games in the first place. No better time than now to run tournaments at comic shops. Over at SRK right now there were a few comic shops playing host to Injustice tournaments too.

Do you ever go to Ignite on Mondays (tonight)? $10 to play anything from 6PM to 1AM, and $5 if you bring a console. It's a great time. I'm not there tonight because I'm playing MH3U with my wife, but I intend to go again soon. We should meet up. I don't care if you suck.

I actually dont :( I should go one of these days! Definitely we should meet up sometime!

God that CW Arrow costume looks so good and they gave him the logo from the TV show on his meter. Dammit they better hurry up and email me that code for this skin.

You better believe there was always a ton of character talk for Marvel, it never really ends either since Marvel fans are always fiending for more more more more characters. Same goes for Injustice fans I'm guessing and the DC Universe, and maybe especially so after the lackluster rumoured DLC character list. People still begging for Black Panther, Gambit, Squirrel Girl, etc.

Over time a lot of those people wean off of these games and threads/discussions though. But around launch of both vanilla and ultimate there was a lot of comics recommendation and elaboration going on. The crossover appeal or use of a non-FG-specific IPs eventually means less people playing through later in it's lifetime who aren't into fighting games in the first place. No better time than now to run tournaments at comic shops. Over at SRK right now there were a few comic shops playing host to Injustice tournaments too.

I guess. Maybe my memory is just hazy from the beginning of Marvel 3 and all I can remember from the chat were Phoenix and Sentinal nerf demands and complaints (just like the current sea of Deathstroke nerf cries echoing people who couldn't get around Sentinal beams). Even weirder is that I'm more of a Marvel comics fan in the first place.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I wish I would say something dumb/smart enough to get a new tag. I've had this one for like 6 years and I can't even remember the last time I went to 4chan.

GreenScar

I wouldn't mind Static as DLC but I may be the only one

Static and other Milestone characters belong to Milestone Media, not DC. In order to be in the game, DC/Time Warner would probably have to hop through extra hoops compared to a character that DC owns outright. It's not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Static and other Milestone characters belong to Milestone Media, not DC. In order to be in the game, DC/Time Warner would probably have to hop through extra hoops compared to a character that DC owns outright. It's not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Static is in the DC timeline now plus he was in DC Online

GreenScar

Static is in the DC timeline now plus he was in DC Online

DC worked out a distribution deal for the Milestone characters a few years back, but it's essentially a leasing agreement. They don't own the characters. Still, I didn't know that Static was in DC Online (didn't even know that was still running, actually) so maybe there is hope. Now I'm morbidly curious to see how badly the MK team would redesign his costume.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I feel like this Jefailey thing is worse than pot splitting/throwing matches.

This is a step backwards for the FGC. I will not stand for this.

Someone give me a Mr. N doll.

I wouldn't mind Static as DLC but I may be the only one

Real talk I would actually be interested in the game and maybe give it a try if he was in it and was decent and had a good character model.

I feel like this Jefailey thing is worse than pot splitting/throwing matches.

This is a step backwards for the FGC. I will not stand for this.

Someone give me a Mr. N doll.

We should've gotten a Markman character :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After consulting my extreme Marvel bias and disdain for DC characters, I have come up with a list of characters that should've been DLC (gameplay opportunities considered as well too):

Scarecrow
Rorschach
Ozymandias
R'as al Ghul

Hardmode: No Watchmen Characters

Scarecrow
R'as al Ghul
This guy because he reminds me of Captain Universe right now from Avengers
Swamp Thing

The second half of this post took me most of the time since my last post to scrounge for characters and not try to be Batman specific.

It's good but it's not as good as BB/P4A or TTT2/SC5 netcode

Yeah BB at least was pretty solid. Sfxt has been a lot more problematic for me than even SF4 or Marvel. I don't think that it is worse netcode, just that it is more noticeably bad with the warping when not playing with a perfect connection.

I can deal with general lag better as I'm not hitting combos anyway.

Dahbomb

After consulting my extreme Marvel bias and disdain for DC characters, I have come up with a list of characters that should've been DLC (gameplay opportunities considered as well too):

Scarecrow
Rorschach
Ozymandias
R'as al Ghul

Hardmode: No Watchmen Characters

Scarecrow
R'as al Ghul
This guy because he reminds me of Captain Universe right now from Avengers
Swamp Thing

The second half of this post took me most of the time since my last post to scrounge for characters and not try to be Batman specific.
This is fucking fail as the game already is 1/4th filled with Batman characters. Go again no Batman characters but you can keep 1 Watchmen character but this time you have to.provide 10 characters.

Marvel minion...

vocab

It's good but it's not as good as BB/P4A or TTT2/SC5 netcode

Ive seen someone claim sfiv was better than all of those. LOL

Seriously, ASW games feel very close to offline. TT2/SC5 feels good when it comes to inputs, but lag (slowdown) is more noticeable when it occurs. Id say the only real competition ASW had in terms of 2d is skullgirls.

sfxt had almost no input lag, but the audio issuses were so jacked. The patch made it better, but it felt different. The warping with latency was really jarring. It made characters way faster.

Top Bottom