• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Silky

Banned
I'm going to CEO next month, so I'd like to get ready and start practicing. Would anyone be free for KOF/AE tonight?

Beckx

cuz dieminion is as wise as tyrion and like the nicest guy in emp. he doesn't come off as arrogant when he talks on stream.

If EMP are the Lannisters then they the crappiest Lannisters ever.

I mean, dudes, a Lannister always pays his debts.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Remember these game of thrones comparisons for the end of the season guys

Also lmao at beckx

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
new neoGAF minigame:
find a thread about ATLUS or Persona
tally the anime avatars
for each one you tally, add $1 to your "leisure spending" budget this weekend.

Toxi

Banned
new neoGAF minigame:
tally the anime avatars
The first thread using the search function was the community OT.

BRB, need to mortgage everything.

new neoGAF minigame:
tally the anime avatars

good thing I didn't use the search function, and found a 2-page thread where most of the avatars weren't anime

:p

Jazz-ism

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";110223727]Triforce is Cersei. As confident and determined as he is emotional and incompetent.

Tyrion is Golden Cen.[/QUOTE]

ricky ortiz is queen tyrells brother?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
what documented events of collusion have there been? i remember the mross/jago "grudge match" and vaguely recall the anti-collusion rule coming about because of some grand finals where it was obvious one player was sandbagging.

Justin Wong is Jaime Lannister. The villain everyone hated that turned into the hero we love. He also has an estranged relationship with Cercei(Triforce).

Dahbomb

what documented events of collusion have there been? i remember the mross/jago "grudge match" and vaguely recall the anti-collusion rule coming about because of some grand finals where it was obvious one player was sandbagging.
Justin vs Noel Brown at Power Up 2011. Justin was yellow carded for it.

ChrisG vs Flocker VxG grand finals.

ChrisG vs Justin Texas Showdown 2013.

ChrisG vs Sanford NLBC.

CurlyW

In addition to those already mentioned, there's FChamp vs. PR Rog at ECT5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Li-jx9--dc

Also, the Mike Ross vs. Jago match wasn't collusion. It's just that they didn't actually hate each other. (It also wasn't a tournament either but an exhibition-only event, so collusion there wouldn't be nearly as big a deal.)

Justin vs Noel Brown at Power Up 2011. Justin was yellow carded for it.

ChrisG vs Flocker VxG grand finals.

ChrisG vs Justin Texas Showdown 2013.

ChrisG vs Sanford NLBC.

Also ChrisG vs Fanatiq, but I think that was in semis.

Also a couple NWM ago, FChamp let Ricky beat him in marvel so all FGTV guys could get top 3.

Well the Fanatiq thing was "intentionally underperforming" which is against the Evo rules, and was the reason for Justin's yellow card. Not exactly the same thing as collusion though.

CurlyW

Also, I believe there have been several examples of collusion in Smash Bros. tournaments, but I'm not too familiar with the history of that scene.

Dahbomb

And Mike Ross vs Jago wasn't collusion. The whole drama was obviously staged but the actual match was real (and went as expected based on player skill of the game).

The first time I saw a match where someone was clearly sandbagging was in MVC2. Don't remember if it was Soo Mighty or Justin Wong who sandbagged a match for some reason. And no I am not talking about the Soo Mighty perfect on Justin Wong.

Also, I believe there have been several examples of collusion in Smash Bros. tournaments, but I'm not too familiar with the history of that scene.

biggest one was M2K vs ADHD for Brawl at MLG, and they both got banned from the championship event too LOL

Toxi

Banned
M2K and ADHD got banned from Brawl's MLG grand finals for pot splitting and basically got Brawl kicked off the MLG roster.

I'm sure there are more examples.

EDIT: LOL I'm like an echo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";110230678]I tried to collude in an MTG tournament yesterday so I wouldn't have to fight my friend, but I got paired down and had to fight him anyway LOL[/QUOTE]

You should have been smart like Neo and Champ and used your status to switch matches

Top Bottom