• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";110230678]I tried to collude in an MTG tournament yesterday so I wouldn't have to fight my friend, but I got paired down and had to fight him anyway LOL[/QUOTE]
Chopped pots are fine as long as the players play it out for real. The problem is when they're immature dolts and don't.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No. I'm going to think of Mr Arcade UFO and moan out loud so my neighbors can call the cops on me.

b49YXK4.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm going to CEO next month, so I'd like to get ready and start practicing. Would anyone be free for KOF/AE tonight?

Count me in.

new neoGAF minigame:
find a thread about ATLUS or Persona
tally the anime avatars
for each one you tally, add $1 to your "leisure spending" budget this weekend.

I would be living out on the streets in my anime pillow!

Marn vs KBR FT7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQAfif4cmw

Backstory:

Marn makes a list of fraud players, puts KBR at #1.

FChamp instigates long set at WMW.

Marn is a fraud himself, at the moment though. Guy is literally a prodigy when it comes to Marvel, wish he would take it a bit more seriously cause he can mess up pretty much everyone.

Marn is the Yam of the FGC.

At least I have manners. Besides, I play a team that requires effort.
Kappa

wow, the damage

Cause Claw players are always landing jump ins with full charge and full meter. Might as well have shown Claw do jumping RH in Ultra 2. You also have to keep in mind Claw has like no BnBs without using EX-meter. Whatever damage he gains out of a super or RFC combo comes at the cost of doing solid damage earlier in the match.

Still makes no sense why his EX-Scarlet Terror is not invincible. I find it funny that people think delayed wake up will help someone like Claw more than other characters. If anything he benefits less from it than other characters. Delayed wake up helps blow up safe jumps and vortex set ups but Vega never had an invincible moves to safe jump against. You can still just put out meaties and jump ins on wake up all day. They'll still stuff all of his wake up options.

Claw's changes a pretty insignificant when it comes to the rest of the cast. At the end of the day he's going to remain right where he was before at low mid tier.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
new neoGAF minigame:
find a thread about ATLUS or Persona
tally the anime avatars
for each one you tally, add $1 to your "leisure spending" budget this weekend.
Bonus round: Enter any thread whatsoever, even multiple.
Subtract $10 for every VF fan you find.

Marn is a fraud himself, at the moment though. Guy is literally a prodigy when it comes to Marvel, wish he would take it a bit more seriously cause he can mess up pretty much everyone.

How is Marn a fraud? Dude can enter any Marvel tournament on a whim and do better than 90% of the players in attendance.

I still watch this video at least once a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ooeBDyARug

Really? I watch this at least once a week and I don't even like Marvel that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTdAOb54xI

It's just fantastic, commentary, play, everything, it's the perfect fighting game video.
Man I wish DogFace was still around. That dude was beyond entertaining and a great commentator. It's too bad the FGC boom really took off after he left. If you were to tell me there was going to be a high stakes Marvel MM and DogFace and Justin Wong would be doing commentary I would pay upwards of $30 to watch it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
How is Marn a fraud? Dude can enter any Marvel tournament on a whim and do better than 90% of the players in attendance.

I probably used the wrong word. I don't like the fact that the guy barely cares about the game and does well. Doesn't bode well with me, also you missed a glaring fact as to why he does better than 90% of people, he plays zero, vergil, strider. One of the more frustrating brain dead teams.

psst, Yams doesn't know what these words mean.

And this after Q tried to help him.

Oh Lord Q, come save me!

I probably used the wrong word. I don't like the fact that the guy barely cares about the game and does well. Doesn't bode well with me, also you missed a glaring fact as to why he does better than 90% of people, he plays zero, vergil, strider. One of the more frustrating brain dead teams.

You're right, using that team completely discredits his years of high-level tournament play in a variety of games.

iBEA1V0ZewQII.gif

Enordash

So in my ever destructive habit of burning money, I thought I'd go ahead and back The Chainsaw Incident just so I can eventually see if it was the disaster everyone is kinda predicting. I didn't really look too closely at the stretch goals before now. Just saw that they have to hit $825,000 before online versus is a thing (to be honest, I really doubt they'll hit 275,000. Successful Kickstarters usually start off way stronger than this one right?) I'm always looking for new ways to support the FGC and the developers that are passionate about fighting games, but this was probably a huge misfire.

some thoughts:

gouken does non-point blank cr lk, then cr mp xx mp fb, and crouching decapre has to block the fb? is she taller than cammy, or do gouken's diagonal fireballs have bigger hitboxes than before?

what's decapre's focus breaker? i thought it was scramble into ground pound, but that gets focused at 9:27.

also, a good eye on her barrage move, might not be honda hands type input anymore https://twitter.com/noosetester/status/461954739023126528

i still can't tell if she's good or bad, prob gonna have to wait until i can try her out i guess

he beat daigo with dudley in super sf4

marn is an enigma. by his own admission, he just does stuff. but the stuff that he does tends to work! he gets great reads on people, has good execution, and has good reactions. he's prone to making big bets even in game, but those bets pay off more often than not. i dunno how it works, but it does.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You're right, using that team completely discredits his years of high-level tournament play in a variety of games.

iBEA1V0ZewQII.gif

I can respect a good zero. His Zero is just really random in my book. As I said, he's a prodigy at the game but I feel downtrodden when he barely plays the game. Rog may be the same case but damn he does not drop his combos so I can at least see him in a better light.

marn is an enigma. by his own admission, he just does stuff. but the stuff that he does tends to work! he gets great reads on people, has good execution, and has good reactions. he's prone to making big bets even in game, but those bets pay off more often than not. i dunno how it works, but it does.

He's a prodigy to say the least. He's got great reads and good execution (on the right side of the screen) but he has a very sloppy style of playing. Compare his Zero is Flux's, Cloud's or Kai's. You really can't tell me with a straight face that he has a cleaner zero than the rest.

Actually if anyone can play Zero good I give them props. Doubly so for strider.

Yep, now mix Vergil into the mix and you have a recipe for easy wins.

Busaiku

Seriously, I don't get why Sega's going in so hard with Virtua Fighter in Nanana's Buried Treasure.
Really feels like it's the wrong audience, but then again maybe the Japanese players are all about the Kanas.

Top Bottom