• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

K.Sabot

How I feel right now.

1rA6XMs.png

Pizza buns that are Ok ok ok?

jbug617

Banned
Just saw on twitter Sanford dropping Sagat in Ultra for Ken. Also him going to NWM is random, didn't expect to see him on the West till EVO.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Guys I popped off(hardly) in the Smash thread. I'll see you guys in like 2 months after my ban is up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOOOOOOO I LOVE THIS

EDIT:

Read the post, that was really tame what you did. The guy did come off as a jackass though, your just defending yourself.

Azure J

Guys I popped off(hardly) in the Smash thread. I'll see you guys in like 2 months after my ban is up.

Good shit with the first half of the post though. Personally, I don't expect wave dashing to come back short of some weird late ChrismaHanuKwanzakah miracle which is a bit sad, but there seems to be some weird new movement compensation going on with how fast rolling is both in distance covered and recovery from the animation. All hope for a faster movement system might not be lost.

Jazz-ism

Banned
i am BY FAR more excited for the possibility of a new smash game going to the project m team (assuming they can hack it in the near future) than the release of a new smash made by sak and his team

Azure J

i am BY FAR more excited for the possibility of a new smash game going to the project m team (assuming they can hack it in the near future) than the release of a new smash made by sak and his team

I'm a bit more lenient. I'm willing to see Sakurai's vision through as long as he isn't making egregious design decisions a la Brawl like everything regarding cancelling hit stun with air dodges on frame 1, controller port priority, variable frame delay, or (what everyone recognizes) random tripping. From the looks of it currently, tripping's out and hit stun is in (with the caveat that after the hit stun frames [that new launch animation] are out, it's fair game on air dodges). I just need someone with actual knowledge on the series to go in and play one of the demos soonish.

That being said, I could swear that the PMBR mentioned that there was a slim to zero chance of them making a Project U because no one wants to work on Wii U game modding.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Can't wait to watch Champ get bodied by Nemo, all the practice in the world with someone who jacked his team won't help against the creator himself, as much as I love Yipes.

He means gods of marvel, but uh only if you count marvel 3

I can reluctantly admit he's up there with Marvel 3, but he was clearly joking with the "Japanese Street Fighter" line.

Beckx

Even though the tech couldn't always deliver, the PSX/Saturn gen was amazing for fighting game diversity. Darkstalkers, Cyberbots, Tekken, Soul Edge, Bloody Roar, Tobal, Bushido Blade, many versions of Street Fighter (Alpha and EX), Golden Axe the Duel, Toshinden, many more.

Best or biggest, I dunno, but it was pretty damn great. It's my favorite. At least.

Jazz-ism

Banned
I'm a bit more lenient. I'm willing to see Sakurai's vision through as long as he isn't making egregious design decisions a la Brawl like everything regarding cancelling hit stun with air dodges on frame 1, controller port priority, variable frame delay, or (what everyone recognizes) random tripping. From the looks of it currently, tripping's out and hit stun is in (with the caveat that after the hit stun frames [that new launch animation] are out, it's fair game on air dodges). I just need someone with actual knowledge on the series to go in and play one of the demos soonish.

That being said, I could swear that the PMBR mentioned that there was a slim to zero chance of them making a Project U because no one wants to work on Wii U game modding.

that is truly unfortunate...

Busaiku

I dunno why you guys keep thinking you'll get banned for discrediting a game/developer. It's just that whenever many do, they tend to insult others, and that's what gets you banned.

Wow get bodied. The ban is an IP ban too right?
I've never heard that bans are IP bans, and it wouldn't make sense for it to be so since some folks get banned, make alt accounts, and are then later banned only after they are discovered to be alt accounts. Though if you do something really terrible, maybe there is a different standard.

Anyway, I thought your Smash post was fine, but I am very confused as to why you responded to yourself. If I were a more suspicious person, I might think you are an alt.

I agree with you that as Smash is primarily about the neutral, having advanced movement options is important. That thread is pretty wonky about competitive gaming sometimes, though.

Edit: But you know, when you say things like "Check your ego, kid", that's what makes you look like an asshole and get banned. There's a world of difference between posting an unpopular opinion and defending it, and insulting other posters via presumptuous statements.

Azure J

that is truly unfortunate...

I mean I don't know for sure but that seems to be what a lot of people say they heard elsewhere.

I agree with you that as Smash is primarily about the neutral, having advanced movement options is important. That thread is pretty wonky about competitive gaming sometimes, though.

Sometimes I entertain the
impossible
thought of a System Direction option/tab getting revealed that would toggle dash types between the seemingly standard Brawl method and the Melee method along side other presets. I think I could deal with a loss of things like crouch cancelling/CCCs if I can just get my mobility back.

Top Bottom