• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Anyway, I thought your Smash post was fine, but I am very confused as to why you responded to yourself. If I were a more suspicious person, I might think you are an alt.

Edit: But you know, when you say things like "Check your ego, kid", that's what makes you look like an asshole and get banned. There's a world of difference between posting an unpopular opinion and defending it, and insulting other posters via presumptuous statements.

I quoted my own post cause #1) Everyone just ignored it and I wanted an answer, #2) because if I quoted myself it bring more immediate attention to the question and I would be more than likely to get my answer rather than it getting overlooked again.

And I'll say whatever I want to someone who is an asshole to me when I ask a simple question. All anyone had to do was be like "Oh no, we don't know anything yet." or "Yes we do based on this information" No some sarcastic fanboy dribble about how I should know that obviously they don't know because of this and that. That was incredibly tame too on my end obviously.

That is a big thread, Dahbomb! Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures cut.

Anyway, I am a bit disappointed in the state of Oni. I remember a lot of folks saying his changes were big for him, but I didn't see it. Now no one is playing him. :(

Dahbomb

I am just going to link the FChamp vs Nemo breakdown in the 2nd post instead of putting it all there. Front page too big already.

K.Sabot

GGs Kalamari.

Some tips:

- If you want to walk forward and then low medium kick > fireball ( or just fireball in general from walking forward) you have to do a half circle motion starting from back. Or you can let the stick go back to neutral and then fireball.
- this comes with experience, but make sure to note the distance of your opponent's normals as you approach them and try to bait their move out.
- walk n' block more as you're approaching the enemy in the neutral game, you get tagged a lot as you're walking in to put out a normal.
- throw more fireballs from optimal ranges (aka too close to react jump or too far to jump punish)

Jumping with Ryu should be very limited to reading a fireball or slow normal at close range or after a knockdown, you kept them to a minimum and played the ground game which is way more fun anyways IMO.

You should also preemptively be putting out your normals when you think the other person is going to throw theirs out in your space, but be careful that you don't get baited into doing so. I suggest reading Maj's guide to footsies or watching Juicebox's footsies primer he recently made.

Stuff like that can get you banned though.

image.php

does this look like the face of someone who gives a shit

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
image.php

does this look like the face of someone who gives a shit

i love deckards avatar. hes got that seniority here on gaf with that avatar in my book.

people need to be called out sometimes (obviously with an explanation). Deckard may be a bit crude at time but damn he explains it in a detailed fashion that I cant come to hate the guy.

If calling people fools was enough for a ban, all of NeoGAF would be a minefield of banned users.
but it's not

also I do find it amusing how some of them believe that they could actually win with items on and whatnot

Busaiku

Depends on the context, but didn't someone here get banned for calling others casuals (to insult).
Just keep it civil, no need to hate on each other.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
King Itachi, you need to roll over to the arc and slap the shit out of your boy Sanford for being a 31-fucking-year-old man and still acting the way he does.

I'd be happy if Sanford suddenly quit the FGC since that might mean he's doing something with his life that doesn't involve taking orders from a 37-year-old who still tries to climb in bed with teenagers.

Dahbomb

King Itachi, you need to roll over to the arc and slap the shit out of your boy Sanford for being a 31-fucking-year-old man and still acting the way he does.

I'd be happy if Sanford suddenly quit the FGC since that might mean he's doing something with his life that doesn't involve taking orders from a 37-year-old who still tries to climb in bed with teenagers.
Wait......

WHAT?

kirblar

Bryan Singer funds EMP?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EMP won't get anywhere. They can keep their records which doesn't translate to real success in life. Meanwhile Team Pie is blowing up, doing things, running majors, streaming, and came out with their own album. Most importantly, they are loved by people.

Kalamari

GGs Kalamari.

Some tips:

- If you want to walk forward and then low medium kick > fireball ( or just fireball in general from walking forward) you have to do a half circle motion starting from back. Or you can let the stick go back to neutral and then fireball.
- this comes with experience, but make sure to note the distance of your opponent's normals as you approach them and try to bait their move out.
- walk n' block more as you're approaching the enemy in the neutral game, you get tagged a lot as you're walking in to put out a normal.
- throw more fireballs from optimal ranges (aka too close to react jump or too far to jump punish)

Jumping with Ryu should be very limited to reading a fireball or slow normal at close range or after a knockdown, you kept them to a minimum and played the ground game which is way more fun anyways IMO.

You should also preemptively be putting out your normals when you think the other person is going to throw theirs out in your space, but be careful that you don't get baited into doing so. I suggest reading Maj's guide to footsies or watching Juicebox's footsies primer he recently made.

Thanks for the tips. I had no idea you have to use hcf for a cr. mk>fireball, I kept thinking I wasn't getting my stick all the way forward. Thus, all of the unwanted dp's.

I have watched Juicebox's footsies video, so I am kind of familiar with throwing out normals predictively and whiff punishing, but I will give Maj's guide a look.

I should be able to get some good practice this weekend, so I will try to apply these things as much as I can.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
oh come on, we could get along better than that!

screw that, banish everyone to hell on how they are all obsessed on anime.

Sprinkle that.

He's in the EMP Film Direction division.

EMP has a film division?

...Triforce is 37?

Wow. Just wow. Not because of his age but because of how he acts with his age.

Wow, that Daigo guy got wrecked. The reactions of the people in the background were priceless.

You really don't know who Daigo is do you? He's the guy that made EVO moment +37 what it is.

Top Bottom