• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Would be much appreciated -- I'm staying on the French stream for the quite funny commentator.

I didn't pay much attention to who was coming for Stunfest, I'm quite happy to learn Haitani is here.

Haitani, D44Bas, Momochi, V-Ryu and Wong are there. There is also a great ST Turbo japanese player i think.

Dahbomb

Uhhhhhh no.

Your gawd got smashed by akumas at gosgarden 2. Got put to sleep by roundhouse loops.

Only cause no one knows how to use Vanilla Akuma.

That's what we thought at the time but oh man were we wrong.

Guys it was a joke calm down. I only made a comment about it because LPN trolled his way through the USF4 Edition select exhibition. Most players weren't even using the cheap shit.

Horseress

Lifebar change:
vUgHD7B.jpg

This is so weird....well, I'll wait for a HQ screen to start complaining

and it's confirmed, Japanese players are ahead of us but not that much, since they are all beta-testing the game for us! We appreciate all the yens you spent playing ultra =D

Zissou

I know everyone is hype for NWM, but wish me luck at KVO this weekend! Tomorrow is the team tournament- I've entered with my fellow expats as team White People. Hopefully we don't get bopped, haha.

Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to confirm that smash has pressure sensitive buttons and there's no way to map them out to digital presses?

I'm sure it's a basic question but I've never played smash before

Shouta

Big out shout outs to Cybit for helping out with the event and helping with the out of towners too. Keeping a certain someone liquored up too. Lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to confirm that smash has pressure sensitive buttons and there's no way to map them out to digital presses?

I'm sure it's a basic question but I've never played smash before

The shield and movement systems are fundamentally analog. L/R buttons work the shield system and the analog stick controls movement. Everything else is digital.

*edit*

C-Stick is analog too.

Ok so :

The USF4 version here at Stunfest is a new one with Decapre. Some players are actually playing, and there's some changes :

Dhalsim S.Mk : 1 hit
Ex BLAST is now Hard KD again.

Sagat's low tiger shot : between -8 and -9 point blank (if blocked)

Guile's health back to 950, CH on Sonic boom startup.

(It's from Saunic Twitter)

WTF

why do you feel entitled to a good wake-up lmao

half the cast is free on wake-up and upkicks is better than a lot of things. you got DWU now, too
I'm just trynna make my char go from bottom 3 to top 20 fam. trynna eat outchea
Deejay actually has quite a few wakeup options.

You can get bodied, flash yellow before you get bodied or get a move out that gets beaten, leading to you getting bodied.

dont do this

that guile health nerf
no more Auto correct on Guile U1 ayyyy

kirblar

Watching the french stream of Ultra archive here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ssaeg_fr-stunfest-2014-grande-scene-samedi_videogames

Going to list stuff I'm seeing below:

Rolento - I think there is additional recovery to his rolls.

Elena- feels like she's gotten small damage buffs.
-I think there's some more hit stun on her handstand overhead so she's more positive
-I think her backdash is slightly slower
-Slide looks like it has slight more recovery?

(I'm wondering if I might be seeing things due to the fps difference between this stream and the not-so-great japanese arcade quality now.- take any of those observations on recovery with a grain of salt right now)

Decapre- Has a Bret Hart color scheme alt, which is pretty awesome

no more Auto correct on Guile U1 ayyyy
Praise jeebus.

Zoning got a lot stronger in USF4 (Kim thought super-defensive characters were really obnoxious in early betas) so this is probably what's behind the Sagat and similar anti-keepaway changes.

xCobalt

I don't really see why they jumped the gun and removed 2 hitting mk, but I will take the ex blast hard knock over 2 hitting mk any day. But they better have given him something else too:p At this point they are always taking something away while buffing Sim it seems.

The 2 hit version of st.mk was dumb tbh. I don't think theres another character in the game that has multi hitting moves from max range. Dhalsim could hit you with his toes and it would have been two hits. I think it would have been fine if they made it so that the hitbox aruond his knee made it two hits and if you were further out, it would be one hit.

kirblar

The 2 hit version of st.mk was dumb tbh. I don't think theres another character in the game that has multi hitting moves from max range. Dhalsim could hit you with his toes and it would have been two hits. I think it would have been fine if they made it so that the hitbox aruond his knee made it two hits and if you were further out, it would be one hit.
That definitely seems like how it "felt" the move should work rather than the toe-wiggle 2-hit version we got.

Hmm on one hand I'm sad they are already changing stuff base on feedback from Japan alone but on the other hand, fuck Guile's 5f auto correct ultra and Sim's 2 hit mk, those buff made sense in AE2012 but not in USF4 with DWU and vortex character nerf.

SimSimIV

Watching the french stream of Ultra archive here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ssaeg_fr-stunfest-2014-grande-scene-samedi_videogames

Going to list stuff I'm seeing below:

Rolento - I think there is additional recovery to his rolls.

Elena- feels like she's gotten small damage buffs.
-I think there's some more hit stun on her handstand overhead so she's more positive
-I think her backdash is slightly slower
-Slide looks like it has slight more recovery?

If Elena has gotten a damage buff, God help us all:
http://www.twitch.tv/yubiken/b/525067517?t=1h36m41s

She basically does 50% damage for 2 bars (Since she gains 1 during the combo)... from an unreactable overhead o_O

kirblar

Hmm on one hand I'm sad they are already changing stuff base on feedback from Japan alone but on the other hand, fuck Guile's 5f auto correct ultra and Sim's 2 hit mk.
Game changes had been locked in external builds for a while leading up to the JP Arcade release.

I suspect the -5 FADC nerf is going to need to be re-examined in light of Red Focus and Ultra Combos in general. James/David brought it up as feedback from Kin on the Tuesday show, and after thinking about the risk/reward ratio with DPs, I think they really do have a bit of an issue here because once the revenge meter hits 50% the risk/reward ratio now massively changes because so many characters can easily combo into their Ultras now, via Red Focus, even if their Ultra isn't fast enough to punish raw.

Not saying it shouldn't be negative- I really like that and think it's healthy. Just maybe not that negative (and I wonder if extra Hit-Stop to compensate might help address the issue there in a more neutral way.)
If Elena has gotten a damage buff, God help us all:
http://www.twitch.tv/yubiken/b/525067517?t=1h36m41s

She basically does 50% damage for 2 bars (Since she gains 1 during the combo)... from an unreactable overhead o_O
If she has its not looking significant.

SimSimIV

So are you saying that it needed to be changed because of how it looks? Or because it was too good? Because if you watch Ultra footage of Sim, you can see that it's not too good at all. It seems very good against Hugo, but the more recent matches I have seen of Hugo vs Sim, Sim gets punished hard for spamming mk, and wins by other means.

If it is the way it looks you refer to, that's just silly imo. Lot's of stuff in the game that doesn't "look" how it acts:p

Infinite

The shield and movement systems are fundamentally analog. L/R buttons work the shield system and the analog stick controls movement. Everything else is digital.

*edit*

C-Stick is analog too.

aren't the X and Y (jump) buttons analog as well to some extent?

xCobalt

So are you saying that it needed to be changed because of how it looks? Or because it was too good? Because if you watch Ultra footage of Sim, you can see that it's not too good at all. It seems very good against Hugo, but the more recent matches I have seen of Hugo vs Sim, Sim gets punished hard for spamming mk, and wins by other means.

If it is the way it looks you refer to, that's just silly imo. Lot's of stuff in the game that doesn't "look" how it acts:p

I think its a bit too strong. It's more apparent in the Hugo matchup but it's going to pose a lot of problems for characters who have to get in to fight dhalsim. It seems like a free punish to any character who attempts to focus/armor to get in. I think it would be better if it was 1 hit from max range and 2 hits if it closer (around dhalsim's knee). Imagine how obnoxious it would be if Sagat's or Adon's moves were 2 hits from max range. They obviously do more damage than sim's mk but the moves are annoying to begin with.

SimSimIV

I think its a bit too strong. It's more apparent in the Hugo matchup but it's going to pose a lot of problems for characters who have to get in to fight dhalsim. It seems like a free punish to any character who attempts to focus/armor to get in. I think it would be better if it was 1 hit from max range and 2 hits if it closer (around dhalsim's knee). Imagine how obnoxious it would be if Sagat's or Adon's moves were 2 hits from max range. They obviously do more damage than sim's mk but the moves are annoying to begin with.

I can see why you and a lot of people are of this opinion, but have you played as Sim or actually payed attention to how st.mk is used by Sim? It is not a normal that can be thrown around mindlessly. It is easily counterpoked and is -3 on block I believe. I am not saying it is weak at all, but the significance of it is highly overstated. It would have been good in matchups that are already ok for Dhalsim, but it would do nothing against his bad MU's. This is why I am ok with it going away, but I don't think it would have been too strong.

Eduardo Pérez ‏@PR_Balrog 13m
Tokido thinks that Ryu is the best shoto overall then E.Ryu because of the fireball game.
David Philip Graham ‏@ultradavid 10m
@PR_Balrog Is he gonna stick Akuma?
Eduardo Pérez ‏@PR_Balrog 9m
@ultradavid he said he will try hard but it's definitely really harder because he has to changed his whole playstyle.
Mike Ross ‏@ThatMikeRossGuy 6m
@PR_Balrog @ultradavid aka he can't get the guaranteed win after a knockdown?

kirblar

I feel better about the rest of my observations being potentially correct re: Elena now after getting confirmation on the rolls being noticeably nerfed.

xCobalt

I can see why you and a lot of people are of this opinion, but have you played as Sim or actually payed attention to how st.mk is used by Sim? It is not a normal that can be thrown around mindlessly. It is easily counterpoked and is -3 on block I believe. I am not saying it is weak at all, but the significance of it is highly overstated. It would have been good in matchups that are already ok for Dhalsim, but it would do nothing against his bad MU's. This is why I am ok with it going away, but I don't think it would have been too strong.

Any move that's thrown around mindlessly is going to get punished. It doesn't make the move any weaker if someone playing the character incompetently. It being -3 on block isn't a huge issue either. The only thing that can probably punish that is Chun's super. I don't think it would have been a huge issue if it was kept in either but I feel like it should have been adjusted so it would be more in line with other multi hitting normals.

Edit: Decided to go into training mode with sim. I'm pretty sure his frame data is wrong lol. Might be -3 on hit and -6 on block for st.mk.
Edit 2: Nvm, messed up while recording the dummy.

Top Bottom