• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

So should we interpret the fact that USFIV is on PS4 this Evo as a sign of it having ps3 controller compatibility or just Sony money

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152535224]C'mon, Evil Zone 2! It'd be like Q and Miniboss teamed up to make a dream game.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Malice215

Of course Sony isn't going to put up $500K and be happy with people playing on Xbox on the biggest fighting game stage. And with SFV on PS4, this will speed up the process for people to switch and get compatible sticks/controllers.

Nobi match for Tekken 7 uploaded.

The fruit actually falls out when the fruit cart is hit. wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srSLtYH5aa8&feature=youtu.be#t=1m36s

That UE4 fruit physics technology.

And if anyone wants to see all these CPT events in calendar form. Lots of events throughout the year. tinyurl.com/fgccalendar

smurfx

get some go again
so is sony going to give evo a ton of ps4's? this might be worth it for them if they get a lot of ps4's for future use.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

First time I hear of this, well with Sony throwing them a bunch of cash, I don't see why this wouldn't be the case.

so is sony going to give evo a ton of ps4's? this might be worth it for them if they get a lot of ps4's for future use.

Maybe it might be for set ups that will be shown on stream or something. AAK mentioned something like this earlier so he was on to something.

smurfx

get some go again
First time I hear of this, well with Sony throwing them a bunch of cash, I don't see why this wouldn't be the case.

Maybe it might be for set ups that will be shown on stream or something. AAK mentioned something like this earlier so he was on to something.
with sf5 coming next year this might buy them 2 year exclusivity.

hitsugi

Sure would be nice if PS3 sticks worked on PS4..............................................................................

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Don't believe his lies

ono.jpg

Time to buy a DS4. The pads at work we used for Injustice were great so playing won't be an issue.

Wish I could go to NCR though. Burns me up that I can't.

Item Box

man I am way too broke for a ps4 stick, especially after just modding my ps3 one. Guess I'll have to settle with the fighting commander 4. Do those work out of the box on a NA ps4?

Dahbomb

DAT SONY MONEY HATS!

As bright as fucking day. I called that shit way back and people thought I was crazy for even suggesting it.

Shouta

Time to buy a DS4. The pads at work we used for Injustice were great so playing won't be an issue.

Wish I could go to NCR though. Burns me up that I can't.

DS4 is wireless and syncs with the console. Might want to wait a minute on that, assuming Evo rules stay the same on that element.

Fighting Commander 4 is the only wired pad solution at the moment.

DS4 is wireless and syncs with the console. Might want to wait a minute on that, assuming Evo rules stay the same on that element.

I just looked at the Fighting Commander 4. Six face buttons? Barf. I'd rather play Yams in a FT50 set in Marvel than use that gross thing.

AAK

Wow... Namco is doing everything in its power to make Tekken 7 newbie friendly. After taking out like 75% of the okizeme game, they're now making throw breaks easier.

1. You no longer have to pay attention to which hand your opponent used to grab you with to break it. You just need to hit any punch button.

2. The throw break window in general has been reduced.

Along with the fact that they've now included a backwalk so you don't need to learn how to backdash cancel to traverse at a moderate speed... this is by huge magnitudes the easiest Tekken game to pick up.

Shouta

I just looked at the Fighting Commander 4. Six face buttons? Barf. I'd rather play Yams in a FT50 set in Marvel than use that gross thing.

Takes a little getting used to but it's pretty natural. I had the same trepidation when I first picked up the SFxT pads, heh.

Dahbomb

1. You no longer have to pay attention to which hand your opponent used to grab you with to break it. You just need to hit any punch button.
All those years of learning the animations of 2+4 vs 1+3 throws down the fucking gutter.

That's pretty huge though. Are special throws like Heihachi's f,f + 1 + 2 have to still be broken with two buttons or is that one button too?

Wow... Namco is doing everything in its power to make Tekken 7 newbie friendly. After taking out like 75% of the okizeme game, they're now making throw breaks easier.

2. The throw break window in general has been reduced.

Along with the fact that they've now included a backwalk so you don't need to learn how to backdash cancel to traverse at a moderate speed... this is by huge magnitudes the easiest Tekken game to pick up.
Do you mean the throw break window has been increased? Reducing it doesn't seem newbie friendly.

Won't this destroy grapplers and their multi-grab series?

Glad to see the movement getting some small additional options.

Dahbomb

who thought you were crazy? it seemed like the obvious thing that would happen
People were like "EVO would never do it because of stick compatibility".

There is only one thing you need to know in this life... and that is a hat full of money trumps everything.

AAK

Do you mean the throw break window has been increased? Reducing it doesn't seem newbie friendly.

Won't this destroy grapplers and their multi-grab series?

Glad to see the movement getting some small additional options.

- sorry you're right, increased.

- Other way around, grapplers are the only ones who still have throws where you need to react by watching the hands. It's the rest of the cast that don't have hand specific command throws that have a huge hole in their game now

I supposed it does make things more like 2D games where certain characters have a complete mechanic other members of the cast don't. But I guess Namco truly are desperate to get new blood into the game.

capturej3utt.png

Meanwhile no tournament in Australia (expected) so I can't say the PS4 stick thing is a problem for me.

You Americans with your 7 tournaments can just suck it up :p

Takes a little getting used to but it's pretty natural. I had the same trepidation when I first picked up the SFxT pads, heh.

I've never been able to use 6 face buttons since I started playing fightans. Hopefully some converter news comes up before EVO rolls around. Buying that Hori pad is going to be a definite last resort.

EDIT: ^^^^ That works for me!

MrWizard

Evo Co-Founder
People were like "EVO would never do it because of stick compatibility".

There is only one thing you need to know in this life... and that is a hat full of money trumps everything.

I like how everyone thinks Evo is the only one...

Top Bottom