• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Astarte

Learning english from sitcoms sounds a lot better than learning from anime, that's for sure. haha

I like listening to people who learned Korean from K-dramas. They're so polite.
I remember trying to watch Seinfeld but I didn't get any of his jokes lol

Kalamari

I still don't understand english sometimes, maybe I should watch Full House.

As far as PC Ultra is concerned, I think it's okay, but not great. But the best way to learn is to play offline and have experienced players offer some criticism.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I still don't understand english sometimes, maybe I should watch Full House.

As far as PC Ultra is concerned, I think it's okay, but not great. But the best way to learn is to play offline and have experienced players offer some criticism.

Your English is great Kalamari, no need to worry.

Poongko chilling with Momoblanka

I have 0 idea what's going on but it's cool to see.

translate pls, kida seven!

They're just going over the monthly magazine newtype2, which I assume is an anime magazine. He said he had no interest in some particular anime, but thought one character was kawaii. He also likes Yuki chan, but doesn't really like Haru Hi. He likes games, anime, and manga so he's basically an otaku. He doesn't like hentai.

I didn't understand all of it because I have no idea what almost all of those animes are.

BTW, Mago is looking free with Yang. He can't even win during those tournament lobbies topanga tv runs. Every week he gets bodied. It's gotten to the point that the jp stream monsters are pleading for him to change characters already.

jbug617

Banned
I see on twitter the rumor that plinking might not be in the PS4 ver of USF4. I think that is probably false but imagine if that happened.

I see on twitter the rumor that plinking might not be in the PS4 ver of USF4. I think that is probably false but imagine if that happened.

It doesn't seem so farfetched. There's no select button equivalent on PS4 sticks. The touchpad on the dualshock 4 is what the new select button is.

edit: oops. plinking is definitely still in. it's select plinking that might not be. It's totally a hardware issue.

Buys a PS4 stick. Doesn't even have a PS4.meme
I moved my PS4 into the office but now its being used by the in-laws right now. I don't know the last time I got to use it. GG Xrd feels like I should be using a stick. I almost convinced a friend to bring one back from Japan before realizing the box is massive and heavy for her.

I want one too ;_;

The struggle is real. I think my wife activate XF3 and destroy me and all my peripherals if I got another arcade stick or racing wheel.

hypothetically, execution masters like Sako would have the edge in tourneys, I'd imagine. At least in opportunities of maximizing damage.

JeTmAn81

Can you really not learn any Japanese from anime? I feel like I've learned to understand quite a few really common phrases.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yes, you can learn Japanese anime but it's only a small part of the picture.

Indeed.

In my time I've seen quite a few weeaboos crash and burn in college Japanese courses because they thought their love of anime could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

LegatoB

MFW everyone forgets that the trackpad's button works as the DS4's select button.
Yeah, but the MadCatz TE2s don't have the touchpad button. I'm not sure their PCB even has a connection for it. Hell, does the Fighting Commander 4? So I guess the Hori DoA5 stick is the definitive PS4 stick for SF4!

mbpm1

Indeed.

In my time I've seen quite a few weeaboos crash and burn in college Japanese courses because they thought their love of anime could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

You could take AP courses in a language in High School and do well and still get bodied by college-level stuff. It's no joke.

Yeah, but the MadCatz TE2s don't have the touchpad button. I'm not sure their PCB even has a connection for it. Hell, does the Fighting Commander 4? So I guess the Hori DoA5 stick is the definitive PS4 stick for SF4!

Unless I'm mistaken, the TE2 has a select button for the PS3 mode. AFAIK that button should be mapped to the same button ID as the trackpad button (which, AFAIK, has no formal name?) on PS4.

Beckx

Yes, yo ucan learn Japanese anime but it's only a small part of the picture.

For everything else there's Ultraman.

HE CAME TO US FROM THE STARS

You could take AP courses in a language in High School and do well and still get bodied by college-level stuff. It's no joke.

Intermediate college language classes: the real Dark Souls of language classes. I thought I was decent at French until some fucker wanted me to translate Proust.

Dlent

I can only associate Sakura con with that legendary commercial, tbh. It might be the first chance for America to check out the rebalanced Arcsys fighters, which is nice.

LegatoB

Then the TE2 is badly designed. No reason to map to share when games tie functionality to the trackpad button and when nobody in their right mind will want to hit the share button in a tournament setting.
I agree, it's a terrible mapping. I wonder if Sony requested it.

Nyoro SF

I can only associate Sakura con with that legendary commercial, tbh. It might be the first chance for America to check out the rebalanced Arcsys fighters, which is nice.

GIRUGAMESH

Then the TE2 is badly designed. No reason to map to share when games tie functionality to the trackpad button and when nobody in their right mind will want to hit the share button in a tournament setting.

Hey if select plinking is entirely gone in USF4 PS4 I'm all for that. Hardware modifications to take advantage of game code has always rubbed me the wrong way, promoting an arms war.

Of course Capcom could fix all of this by adding an input buffer for normals into the game. Heh heh heh

Top Bottom