• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

It's not the content, but the controls and camera. Just not for me.
Are you using the Target Lock camera / are you treating the controls like you would a fighting game

Edit: also imo G.Jaggi is a horrible intro monster cause he has a tiny hitbox so you whiff constantly, try the other two monsters in the demo and see if they are more to your liking (also wait for punish opportunities and don't button mash)

Are you using the Target Lock camera / are you treating the controls like you would a fighting game

Edit: also imo G.Jaggi is a horrible intro monster cause he has a tiny hitbox so you whiff constantly, try the other two monsters in the demo and see if they are more to your liking (also wait for punish opportunities and don't button mash)

Up your Monster footies. G. Jaggi is okay just because the patterns are really easy to figure out.
I really hope there will be a WiiU version. Beef's complaint about camera is not uncommon and can be really frustrating.

Q, I hated the demo too but I already pre-ordered it (not taking Dahbomb's advice) and love the retail version.

Anne

This is the time of waiting on things and watching arcade footage ;_;

BBCP2, P4U2 2.0, AoC, etc.

Btw I've been watching arcade footage of AoC, game looks in much better shape than the vanilla build. It's only been out for a week in arcades so don't expect a lot of crazy, but ytou can at least see what the game currently looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2i9ROyBeEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC8ZNZMLVUk

If anybody is curious about what BBCP2 or P4U2 2.0 I can kinda fill in some stuff from what I've seen and been told.

fader

So it looks like Arc System Works is holding an Official BB and GG Xrd tournament at Sakura-con in Seattle on April 3-4th, the same weekend as NCR, I think. It'll be a 1.1 and Xrd tournament and then a 2.0/Extend invite tournament showing off Celica and Lambda.

http://arcsystemworksu.com/arc-system-works-brings-the-fight-to-sakura-con-2015/

Looks like this is ASW Japan that's doing it, interestingly enough.

woah. Thought they would never give a shit about the US scene.

EDIT: well I guess they've done a few things for the US scene.

Up your Monster footies. G. Jaggi is okay just because the patterns are really easy to figure out.
I really hope there will be a WiiU version. Beef's complaint about camera is not uncommon and can be really frustrating.

Q, I hated the demo too but I already pre-ordered it (not taking Dahbomb's advice) and love the retail version.
I meant hurtbox not hitbox, sorry I always get those two words mixed up. It's fine now and these days I can shred G.Jaggi in like a minute, but when I first started playing with the Tri demo it was a big problem for me.

But seriously try out the Gore fight if you haven't already since he gives you a good taste of what to expect from a mid-late game monster.

Dlent

If anybody is curious about what BBCP2 or P4U2 2.0 I can kinda fill in some stuff from what I've seen and been told.

Everyone is talking about how godlike Nu-13 is, but how's Lambda? I know Nu is back to her old style, so what makes Lambda's playstyle unique?

onionfrog

MH4U has kept me from coming back to fighting games.

I don't see it relinquishing its hold anytime soon.
Same here, MH4U is great.
I haven't gotten very far in it yet though.

Made my first set of low rank armor and done some gathering quests but that's about it.

Not much time to play it this week unfortunately.

Anne

Everyone is talking about how godlike Nu-13 is, but how's Lambda? I know Nu is back to her old style, so what makes Lambda's playstyle unique?

Nu actually fell out of the top 3 "S tier" on a few lists recently believe it or not, she's just another strong character. Lambda is admittedly similar and sees less play, but she deals less damage and makes you block more oki is the general idea.

Here's 20 minutes of Yoshiki(sp?) playing Lambda for a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpbhIfrcEI

Shouta

woah. Thought they would never give a shit about the US scene.

EDIT: well I guess they've done a few things for the US scene.

I was kind of surprised too when I heard abotu this. Pretty cool stuff though. It makes the most sense though especially with BB as we have SG and Spark up here.

Indeed.

In my time I've seen quite a few weeaboos crash and burn in college Japanese courses because they thought their love of anime could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

I crashed and burned in a college Chinese course because I thought my love of Dim Sum could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

:-(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152660363]I crashed and burned in a college Chinese course because I thought my love of Dim Sum could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

:-([/QUOTE]

You should have taken Italian.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The struggle is real. I think my wife activate XF3 and destroy me and all my peripherals if I got another arcade stick or racing wheel.

lol, you sounded like spencer for a sec, if your wife one of your arms?

Can you really not learn any Japanese from anime? I feel like I've learned to understand quite a few really common phrases.

I've learned a few common phrases and terms but nothing substantial.

You should have taken Italian.

It lives on until this day.

pixelish

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152660363]I crashed and burned in a college Chinese course because I thought my love of Dim Sum could sustain the requirements of a university level language course.

:-([/QUOTE]

you should have learnt cantonese instead of mandarin though if dim sum was your inspiration to learn the language...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It lives on until this day.
/kappaface
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152661674]...where in my post did I say which dialect I was learning?

The worse part is that you're right. Stalker.[/QUOTE]
image.php

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So what's the skinny on USF4 PC netcode again? It's not so bad if you reboot the game every once in a while or something? I just impulse bought the PC version.

Infinite

That's where I'm at after I played the demo. Maybe getting a new 3ds would solve that problem but it's probably not worth getting that just so I might like 1 game.
I use the virtual dpad on the touch screen for the camera controls. Works really with the lock on. Not the best solution but it gets the job done. The controls is just something you have to learn and get used too.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nu actually fell out of the top 3 "S tier" on a few lists recently believe it or not, she's just another strong character. Lambda is admittedly similar and sees less play, but she deals less damage and makes you block more oki is the general idea.

Here's 20 minutes of Yoshiki(sp?) playing Lambda for a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpbhIfrcEI

I haven't been following 2.0. Who are the ones to watch out for and who are looking the weakest so far?

Anne

I haven't been following 2.0. Who are the ones to watch out for and who are looking the weakest so far?

Hazama, Valk, Jin are the front runners right now. Nu is still strong, Ragna is good, Izayoi is nutty, maybe top 5 contender? Bang, Carl, Makoto, Tao, a few others are all A~ tier. Terumi is outright awful, and Amane and Celica are really weak too. The only current consistent thing I see is the top 3 are always S tier, and Terumi is always like "why would you pick this character?" tier atm.

I heard some people say BBCP2 was kinda not so great, or at least people weren't excited for it at all? Is it true and if so, why is that?

For Ultimax 2.0, are shadows now good? I think they got bursts or something.. ?

Hazama, Valk, Jin are the front runners right now. Nu is still strong, Ragna is good, Izayoi is nutty, maybe top 5 contender? Bang, Carl, Makoto, Tao, a few others are all A~ tier. Terumi is outright awful, and Amane and Celica are really weak too. The only current consistent thing I see is the top 3 are always S tier, and Terumi is always like "why would you pick this character?" tier atm.

Did Bullet's buffs actually help her or is she still on the lower end of the tiers?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
lol, spooky's commentary on adult stuff is hilarious. someone mentioned
immoral sisters
and he clearly knew what it was.

Tager still C- tier?

P4AU2.0 Elizabeth still F tier?

Anne

Shadows are good. S Chie is hysterical, S Mitsuru is good, S Junpei is a thing now, etc. They have bursts, but they don't have OMB or Gold Burst, instead they get shadow berserk for blowing their burst. So like, the versatility and survivability of the shadows went up, considering you don't need 100 meter for berserk anymore you can spend meter and then pop Berserk to tack on damage and kill. S Aki was awful before, but now S Aki can spend meter doing what he needs to do and then activate to get unburstable damage and kill.

As far as BBCP2 goes, it's exaggerated a bit as to the reception. From what I've seen and gathered, the game got more boring for a lot of people. They toned down a lot of the strengths and now simple chars are stronger. After BBCP getting two patches that outright nerf char strength and tone down a lot of the stuff in the game, it's understandable it'd turn a lot of people off. Less crazy things happening + more damage from simple things will do that. I like the direction they are moving in but I have to admit the game could use more life in some areas.

Tager still C- tier?

P4AU2.0 Elizabeth still F tier?

Tager's good(see A or upper mid tier usually), Liz will never be good.

Did Bullet's buffs actually help her or is she still on the lower end of the tiers?

Bullet buffs helped her quite a bit, as did the game becoming more toned down in some areas. She's considered like mid or weaker, but not like joke tier anymore.

K.Sabot

Word. Good to hear. Only private lobbies, or are public 1v1 lobbies good too?

Guess the game has some issue with pinging multiple people?

Other people never stop pinging your connection after they look up the room you're hosting, so best bet is a connection that can remain closed from being found (being full / private lobby) apparently.

from the guy on reddit who found it:

"when you search for matches in Ranked/Endless, you establish a connection with every player that pops up in the results to gauge the connection quality. on GFWL it checked for a while and then stopped exchanging packets, on Steam it keeps exchanging UDP Binding Requests for a long, long time. even after you started a match with someone, you have that back and forth Binding Request spam in the background with all the people that popped up in your previous search results."

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Any way to keep shit from lagging when you're playing but have a stream/whatever on at the same time? Used to do the same thing with AE, but my computer was much shittier then so I thought it was my computer. No way my new computer can't handle a 7-year-old game/stream at the same time. The weird thing is that fraps still says 60fps even though it blatantly drops frames all over the place.

Really sucks that the PC version turned out so shitty.

Rhapsody

Banned

I see, thanks. I'm not too surprised at Hazama being top 3. So many routes with high damage from probable starters too, even early in 2.0's life. Same goes for Terumi being bottom still. I suppose Extend will be the only time Ragna actually stayed at S through its current life.

I'm still sad that my interest in 2.0 is at a low. Might mess around with it if my local friends do, but I don't see myself investing serious time.

Uraizen

Banned
I see, thanks. I'm not too surprised at Hazama being top 3. So many routes with high damage from probable starters too, even early in 2.0's life. Same goes for Terumi being bottom still. I suppose Extend will be the only time Ragna actually stayed at S through its current life.

I'm still sad that my interest in 2.0 is at a low. Might mess around with it if my local friends do, but I don't see myself investing serious time.

You don't believe me when I tell you these things? ;_;

Top Bottom