• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

fader

reason why I hate seeing Sherry on stream, not because I dislike Sherry, but because everyone acts like a damn fool.

I have been out of the loop regarding the fgc lately....but uhh what the hell is this wnf online tourney? Are they doing this every week now? Do they still do their regular weekly tournament?

jbug617

Banned
I have been out of the loop regarding the fgc lately....but uhh what the hell is this wnf online tourney? Are they doing this every week now? Do they still do their regular weekly tournament?

Watson doesn't have an arcade at the moment for his tournaments. Level Up is doing the online tournament thing now. This is their new weekly.

ismk

Watts and Uncle Valle split so they have their own respective tournaments. Valle has WNF weekly online tournament and Watts doesn't have an arcade. That been said, I might be wrong because I've been out of the loop with the drama occuring in SoCal.

Valle started Online WNF with him separating from Watson who had the arcade to run the offline weekly. It's assumed that Watson will continue an offline weekly on wednesdays so I'm guessing Valle moved to online to not step on his toes. Nobody knows when Watson will reopen the arcade so offline weeklies can happen in so cal again, so online WNF is filling in a void.

Watson doesn't have an arcade at the moment for his tournaments. Level Up is doing the online tournament thing now. This is their new weekly.

Watts and Uncle Valle split so they have their own respective tournaments. Valle has WNF weekly online tournament and Watts doesn't have an arcade. That been said, I might be wrong because I've been out of the loop with the drama occuring in SoCal.

Valle started Online WNF with him separating from Watson who had the arcade to run the offline weekly. It's assumed that Watson will continue an offline weekly on wednesdays so I'm guessing Valle moved to online to not step on his toes. Nobody knows when Watson will reopen the arcade so offline weeklies can happen in so cal again, so online WNF is filling in a void.

Oh damn...alright. Now I feel bad for not hitting up Super Arcade more often.

smurfx

get some go again
i think valle intends on doing WNF again but after SCR is done with.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...heres-still-good-chance-another-event-series/

EventHubs: If you don't mind us asking, how much money did you end up pulling in from the event?

Lap Chi: I think my estimated loss was roughly $25,000, and we're still working on it with our sponsors. There's a possibility of me not losing any of those funds, and if that's the case, we'll most likely do another Master's Series.

It's an interesting direction; I don't think everyone will be doing PPV. The FGC is limited in a way where you won't be able to run more than a couple of events a year and expect people to pay for it because of the market, demographics, and the type of people we have in the community where they're really used to one thing. So that's why I tried to explore the idea here.

He lost 25k on the Master Series? Damn. Hey, I paid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hopefully Ultra on PS4 will rekindle the online play. I feel that the amount of people playing is way lower than a couple of months ago.

Shadows are good. S Chie is hysterical, S Mitsuru is good, S Junpei is a thing now, etc. They have bursts, but they don't have OMB or Gold Burst, instead they get shadow berserk for blowing their burst. So like, the versatility and survivability of the shadows went up, considering you don't need 100 meter for berserk anymore you can spend meter and then pop Berserk to tack on damage and kill. S Aki was awful before, but now S Aki can spend meter doing what he needs to do and then activate to get unburstable damage and kill.

As far as BBCP2 goes, it's exaggerated a bit as to the reception. From what I've seen and gathered, the game got more boring for a lot of people. They toned down a lot of the strengths and now simple chars are stronger. After BBCP getting two patches that outright nerf char strength and tone down a lot of the stuff in the game, it's understandable it'd turn a lot of people off. Less crazy things happening + more damage from simple things will do that. I like the direction they are moving in but I have to admit the game could use more life in some areas.

Tager's good(see A or upper mid tier usually), Liz will never be good.

Bullet buffs helped her quite a bit, as did the game becoming more toned down in some areas. She's considered like mid or weaker, but not like joke tier anymore.
Why can't Liz be good? :(

I cant see her character design having a middle ground
I don't see why she can't be similar to Zato.

Opponent gets in on you? Super screwed.
You pin the opponent with your Persona? Strong mixups and such.

Obviously, not the same kind of character, just a similar notion of controlling space well with a puppet for a strong offense.

Top Bottom