• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Papstr

Neo Member
Azure is pretty funny. Other characters are good too though! Been watching a lot of the game in arcades, it is really exciting sometimes. WALKING BACK AND FORTH WE MISSED YOU.

Yup. I find myself at the edge of my seat during those walking back and forth moments. Then I get excited when a hit connects, even if it's just a LP or something. Sweeps get me super happy though.

FSLink

Banned
>have a crazy NSFW character swap mod
>only hit one button against a character in arcade mode over and over

wut

The people who like those kinds of mods and are actually competent at fighting games don't usually overlap.

Exception is creepy anime waifu pillows and the anime community of course. ;P

I'm curious now, what's in the link?

A nude mod of Chun-Li....but the twist being is that it's model swapped with Hugo. :lol
50327.jpg

So basically this + Chun Li nude textures + Hugo's attacks

Rhapsody

Banned
Finished school work. Putting a little time into looking up Xrd. After spending even more time looking up how to deal with Leo stuff, this character is pretty garbage lol. I knew he was bad before, but still. So much that people are letting him get away with.

Zissou

Finished school work. Putting a little time into looking up Xrd. After spending even more time looking up how to deal with Leo stuff, this character is pretty garbage lol. I knew he was bad before, but still. So much that people are letting him get away with.

Can you give some examples?

Anne

Aye the truth is out there!

Rhapsody

Banned

6H is really bad, just mash when you see them gatling into it. 6P is not threatening if you have good air to ground normals. YRC Sonic Boom into that side swap rekka can just be OSed for the most part with a normal and throw. Leo's get away with resuming pressure when going into stance after a blocked 5H or 6H. Also any H Sonic Boom without YRC meter should be punished on startup. There's other stuff too.

A lot of people end up dying to his stance pressure since they usually get scared after the first stance heavy slash. With FD or patience, he's going to get pushed out eventually or waste resources getting in. Anything like rekka means it's your turn again.

Also people respect his oki too much. You have to establish the fact you're willing to find a way out. He basically has to guess or condition you to block in order for his oki to work. Backdash or YRC backdash can blow him up and send it back to neutral where he sucks at. Then when you got him to hesitate or yomi a chase down for his oki, you can decide to use and mix up stuff like OS throw.

If you don't have a DP, it's a little harder, but you just need to know his frame data and options better. If you have one, he has to guess even more. Leo's easy to make people antsy when he gets to reset pressure after a blocked normal like 6K or stance H, which is when RISC gauge starts flashing. But you just need to not take the bait.

That sounds about right unfortunately =.=

I wish crossup rekka was throw invincible so much so I can at least do H sonic boom YRC cross up oki attempts, but nope, they gave it to the ender rekka. Why the fuck would the ender rekka need throw invincibility over the other one

You know, that chun li nude mode...

while everything about it was crude, rude, and unnecessarily garish....

the boobs are nicely animated and well built. This guy can go far as a boobs animator.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

the boobs are nicely animated and well built. This guy can go far as a boobs animator.
I can't watch it right now is it just Rufus' stomach physics applied there

Hazama, Valk, Jin are the front runners right now. Nu is still strong, Ragna is good, Izayoi is nutty, maybe top 5 contender? Bang, Carl, Makoto, Tao, a few others are all A~ tier. Terumi is outright awful, and Amane and Celica are really weak too. The only current consistent thing I see is the top 3 are always S tier, and Terumi is always like "why would you pick this character?" tier atm.
ETA on Nine? :p

You can watch the Tekken 7 replay here: http://www.twitch.tv/kurokuro9696japan/b/626870530

Edit: Kazumi @ 45:30 mark
WTB Youtube link.

That's why Rufus is secretly the hottest character. He has the megatit.

You can usually throw him out of his cross-up attacks. I mash throw against a lot of Leo...

They should have put a Monster from Monster Hunter into Marvel vs. Capcom. Rathian, Rathalos, Tigrex, something. Very strong, break their head and wings but send them into rage mode.

Garbage tax </3

EDIT: Oh wait Leo is garbage so horrible design is a-ok.

Anne

So after really going over Yosuke stuff and actually testing things, it is actually unbelievable how utterly ridiculous that character is. Tonight's weekly stream is going to be pretty great.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
how's that marvel patch btw

Its right next to CvS3.

NSFW

If you click this it can scar you forever.

I should ban you for this...

I have the strangest boner right now

man I wonder if we'll see this on kadey's stream in the future

This thread never ceases to entertain me.

A true connoisseur.

https://twitter.com/SmugDaBeast/status/568512832246931458

Damn it :(

Dieminion is replacing Smug it seems. Back to France!

Good stuff on ya Smug, there's always next year or after you land a stable job.

Dahbomb

Got back from work, opened up NeoGAF and see a huge thread of people bitching about reviews and pre-ordering.

I lean back on my chair, bust out my doritos and have a chuckle. Each and everyone one of those people who pre-ordered that game deserved what they got.

petghost

Banned
Yo what's holding yatas pc release back? I get the feeling that those dudes still see it as a side project but I wish they would expand their team etc because they clearly know what's up and I would look forward to anything they made if they became a full-time fg studio.

Got back from work, opened up NeoGAF and see a huge thread of people bitching about reviews and pre-ordering.

I lean back on my chair, bust out my doritos and have a chuckle. Each and everyone one of those people who pre-ordered that game deserved what they got.

Link?

Review threads for hyped up platform-exclusive games are consistently some of the most embarrassing threads on my site.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Was The Order supposed to be a good game that people were highly anticipating?

I don't follow most mainstream stuff anymore.

Top Bottom