• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't see why she can't be similar to Zato.

Opponent gets in on you? Super screwed.
You pin the opponent with your Persona? Strong mixups and such.

Obviously, not the same kind of character, just a similar notion of controlling space well with a puppet for a strong offense.

Zato like? That's S.Lab

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't see why she can't be similar to Zato.

Opponent gets in on you? Super screwed.
You pin the opponent with your Persona? Strong mixups and such.

Obviously, not the same kind of character, just a similar notion of controlling space well with a puppet for a strong offense.

Zato didn't really have a middle ground though. He's been pretty much S tier or low.

Edit: I guess I see what you mean though. I feel like her design just needs major tweaks to make her solid just because of the way she is. They probably just didn't feel like going that far for her.

smurfx

get some go again
To be fair, it's not like it's unexpected. If he somehow didn't realize he'd lose a lot of money on the event, anybody could've told him. That being said, I'm glad we have people like him willing to put the money out there.
people being able to easily get it for free probably cost him a ton of impulse buys.

The only thing I know about the Naruto games is throwing giant snakes at people to clog up the screen then rushing in for throw mixups while nobody can see shit. My girlfriend tried to teach me how to actually play the game, but I lost interest.

That would suck in persona
Gah. My sole point is that there are plenty of puppet characters that do well in other games without being OP. I don't see why Elizabeth can't be solid. They might have to scrap her meter regen passive, but does anyone really care about that? It feels like it fills up slower than a normal meter in active play.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What made him mid tier in that game?

And hey, if these loketest changes go through...

Slash Eddie was worse than the loke test changes.

I wouldn't even consider him mid tier lol.

The biggest piece of shit change was once Eddie is flying the only way to block anything is with FD. And if you got hit while flying it counted as a counter hit

Anne

Liz isn't a puppet character though. She's designed to use the persona for high risk and high reward. In vanilla that happened! The major problem though was life and getting pooped on on the ground. In 2 they decided her randomly killing you or putting you into rigged set ups so this is her current form.

Rhapsody

Banned
Gah. My sole point is that there are plenty of puppet characters that do well in other games without being OP. I don't see why Elizabeth can't be solid. They might have to scrap her meter regen passive, but does anyone really care about that? It feels like it fills up slower than a normal meter in active play.

I never really considered Liz a puppet character to be honest. And aren't most puppet characters OP? They're usually A or better, and some of the most complained about to fight against.

Except for Chaos. Chaos sucks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I never really considered Liz a puppet character to be honest. And aren't most puppet characters OP? They're usually A or better, and some of the most complained about to fight against.

Except for Chaos. Chaos sucks.

Chaos is a puppet character that can barely use his puppet. Best design ever.

4r5

What made him mid tier in that game?

And hey, if these loketest changes go through...

Memories of Slash are fuzzy. What Q said about the fly nerf, plus very limited time with little eddie, and slower little eddie regen. I think they might of also changed how much / if does chip damage and/or less guard gauge buildup little eddie did. They keep flipping that back and forth, can't keep track.

You couldn't get a double unblockable setup unless you summoned little eddie off the hit that knocked them down. And I think it was just barely. And I think for many setups you had to blockstring them to trap them for the setup, instead of the setup landing meaty on their wakeup. Overall, Zato invested more / had more risk associated with his play. Perhaps more than the players were willing to deal with for the lab time needed to play him.

Fuzzy memories. Lit.10 years ago. Maybe psychochronic will upload some old Slash footage. The old Gigs tournaments were crazy hype. All the old japanese GG tournaments were crazy. The players back than were so much hungrier than they are now.

4r5

Fuzzy memories. Lit.10 years ago. Maybe psychochronic will upload some old Slash footage. The old Gigs tournaments were crazy hype. All the old japanese GG tournaments were crazy. The players back than were so much hungrier than they are now.

ahhh shit, Slash SBO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGH9Y2Rbr9Q

edit: man, Slash was so awesome. Setplay took a real big hit in this version. Go figure the character with a parry and a DP is the one that cleans everyone up.

Rhapsody

Banned
Seeing Slash Dizzy against makes me realize how spoiled I am with current Dizzy lol

Whenever there's Xrd Dizzy, she better not be like Slash Dizzy.

Looking forward to seeing Jam again after that blow up in the vid.

Anne

Azure is pretty funny. Other characters are good too though! Been watching a lot of the game in arcades, it is really exciting sometimes. WALKING BACK AND FORTH WE MISSED YOU.

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";152711684]Almost half of the puppet characters in Jojo's are in the bottom half of the tier list.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The only good stand character that I remember was Dio.

Top Bottom