• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

Tizoc

So it is the 30th in Taipei now; 12 hours til we might get low quality footage of Daigo playing SF5?

ShinMaruku

Because DoA is like opposite a SF roster. Women outnumber the men and there is diversity in how they play.

DoA and SCV probably are more aesthetically pleasing vs other fighters to women too.

Diversity in how they play is 100% true. Especially so in DOA5. They REALLY knocked it out the park in that one.

I remember when Shadoloo used the Coyote Kisses remix of the Darth Vader theme.

Y'all don't even know.

I was dead

Our core services are drinking water, wastewater treatment, and solid waste management – garbage and recycling.

jbug617

Banned
Whoever is making the Apex thread UltraDavid RT a useful schedule photo.

cV40DPg.png

http://i.imgur.com/cV40DPg.png

Dahbomb

I know the JPN steam has been around for the last few Apexes, but the newcomer stream is pretty whoa.
They had this for DOTA 2 in the most recent international.

I don't think it was a huge success but then again I am not a newcomer to the game so I don't know how well they explained stuff.

Nemo has been invited to the Red Bull Kumite.

https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/560760919743922177

Nemo got invited? Honestly I'm surprised by that. No doubt he's an amazing player, but his invite seems more based on hype and reputation instead of results, because he's only traveled overseas to 1 tournament to compete in USF4 I think(in which he won). At first I thought they were just going to invite the top tournament players thus keeping the player pool kind of small(lets say 8). But with his invite, it makes it seem like they're not only going to do that so maybe they'll invite up to 16 for this event.

Nyoro SF

Link, please.

He's trolling, and yet he's not trolling. I'll add to his list.

Premium required

You'll have to donate every 5 minutes to keep watching

If you type English in the chat you'll be autobanned

IP checks will be done every 2 minutes to make sure you're not streaming from outside Japan

Infinite

Nemo got invited? Honestly I'm surprised by that. No doubt he's an amazing player, but his invite seems more based on hype and reputation instead of results, because he's only traveled overseas to 1 tournament to compete in USF4 I think(in which he won). At first I thought they were just going to invite the top tournament players thus keeping the player pool kind of small(lets say 8). But with his invite, it makes it seem like they're not only going to do that so maybe they'll invite up to 16 for this event.

We should probably stop judging Japanese players skill level by how often they travel to the states and win. Nemo has consistently been a top ten player going by Japanese arcade rankings since the beginning of street fighter 4.

fader

hes been #1 in Japanese Arcade rankings for weeks now. If anyone deserves it, it's Nemo

EDIT: also what Infinite said, we cannot judge Japanese players based on how much they travel and win in the states, that's a ludicrous expectation

Horseress

I don't think it was a huge success but then again I am not a newcomer to the game so I don't know how well they explained stuff.

I watched the whole International on the newcomers stream and it was really great! Pretty informative without losing the hype

vulva

I don't really follow the Marvel scene and when I was at BMCC, I pretty much just stuck to my classes, so don't know if there were any gaming clubs. Much to my amusement, my friend tried to start a Tekken club there a while back along with the ever lovable "Best Lei in the Cosmos" Blood Red. It went about as well as you can imagine.

The guy who came up the most was Haskell Wexler. Outside of him, a little bit of Kovacs, Zsigmond, Toland, and some others I don't remember at this very moment. I don't recall Doyle coming up though.

Depending on your professors and living situation, it can be plenty difficult. Outside of that Cinematography class, it certainly was pretty difficult for me.

Thanks man. Only the (probable) halfway point for me though. I'm jelly that you're almost finished.

No excuse for Doyle to not be mentioned. Dude's a beast. His work with Wong Kar Wai is the most stunning shit ever. He also worked with Hou Hsiao-Hsien on Millennium Mambo which was gdlk as well

Imm0rt4l

We should probably stop judging Japanese players skill level by how often they travel to the states and win. Nemo has consistently been a top ten player going by Japanese arcade rankings since the beginning of street fighter 4.
Yeah, Nemo is or at least was the strongest usf4 player for some time

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Contrary to what some may think, many women also like playing as, and looking at, hot women.

Yup, in DOA's case the hot factor goes both ways as well. I have heard some uhh things about some of the male characters from female fans LOL

Actually same for Soul Calibur.

ArcSys games have a lot of female fans.
Moreso BlazBlue than Guilty Gear.

That's because ArcSys characters are well designed for the most part as well as have a shit ton of personality.

hitsugi

best part about the Red Bull invite is that we've reached a point where we give someone a phone to read notes.

Having the kumite is like having another capcom cup which is awesome. Hopefully there's some SF5 news there too. When/where is the kumite?

I tried watching the DOTA2 newcomer stream here and there but it didn't grab my interest, but I'm not into MOBAs on general.

I'm not sure a newcomer stream is necessary for EVO, things tend to be a lot more obvious in fighting games. I remember people enjoying the Blazblue finals last year even though they had no prior exposure to the game.

mbpm1

Lol all through the trailer I thought it was different players.

"Akuma? Must be Toki- no it isn't."
"Abel? Maybe it's...no."
"Gouken? Finally I can see- no I can't."

Still hype though.

ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

Also that Shadowloo Showdown trailer was great. Finally a trailer without fucking wub dub bull shit.

you mean a shadowloo trailer with out dubstep or general trailer lol. That trailer was dope though. Didn't know dogura switched from bison to rolento

oh yea

If you spent less time on your thesis and spent more time trying to achieve 700+ DPS, we wouldn't be stuck on Bahamutsplosions.

gotta get those tips from golon to get that 1000 dps opener as bard

Top Bottom