• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

Lemstar

Where the fuck is Nine?

They need to stop adding all these nobodies and finish the roster by adding important characters.
CP Extend's story mode having an adaptation of the spinoff manga literally has zero effect on whether or not (Nine/Jubei/Izanami/Linhua/Feisty-kaka/Baiken/insert whatever character comes to mind) will be playable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Female clone" makes it sound so weird. It's just an identical twin of the opposite gender. Pretty poor story on Capcom's part, though, since they have zero physiological features in common.

A female clone that he potentially wanted to take the body over of if it was strong enough.

So bison wanted to be a girl... I mean his good side of his soul is a chick too haha

CP Extend's story mode having an adaptation of the spinoff manga literally has zero effect on whether or not (Nine/Jubei/Izanami/Linhua/Feisty-kaka/Baiken/insert whatever character comes to mind) will be playable.
Budget, yah?

A female clone that he potentially wanted to take the body over of if it was strong enough.

So bison wanted to be a girl... I mean his good side of his soul is a chick too haha
So...ridiculous.

That despair as everyone realizes they were already anime.

Also, I'm sure Mai will be a playable character. I mean, if you pre-order the
Xbox One
version of the game in Japan, you get a cellphone strap with her on it! :lol

(honestly, flip a coin at this point)

On the topic of super-anime games, has anyone put any time into this Touhou game? I'm planning to pick it up and wondering if anyone knows the ropes.

Korigama

Xbox One

There's also her being the representative of another one of the NOL's Duodecim families (Hazuki in her case), like the case was with Jin (Kisaragi), Tsubaki (Yayoi), and Kagura (Mutsuki). If not playable in Extend, then quite likely by whatever they wind up calling BB4.

Seyavesh

YYEABVT.gif

There's also her being the representative of another one of the NOL's Duodecim families (Hazuki in her case), like the case was with Jin (Kisaragi), Tsubaki (Yayoi), and Kagura (Mutsuki). If not playable in Extend, then quite likely by whatever they wind up calling BB4.

Yeah, I meant that to be a kind of a tongue-in-cheek response. IIRC they even referenced Mai and Cajun in Chronophantasma's existing story mode, spending even more resources to introduce them in the game proper and get key art/VAs/merchandise(?) for them likely means only one thing.

Supposedly the worst part is that when time runs out, it uses that percentage(crowd hype) instead of remaining life to decide who won.

Well, I don't *actually* know if that is worse but it'd take some serious convincing.

I don't know shit about any of them, but why you going to pick up HM, which I hear is bad, as opposed to IaMP (which is good) or Hissouten (which is less good)

I've heard these things too but I don't know why any of these games are bad or good. I've played Hissouten for fun with friends before and enjoyed it a fair bit, but never went in enough to make a critical analysis for myself, which is part of what's motivating this I guess.

Bison wants to be the little girl

hey, if you are going to put your soul into a woman, at least might as well go for aesthetics

can't hate

Yeah, I meant that to be a kind of a tongue-in-cheek response. IIRC they even referenced Mai and Cajun in Chronophantasma's existing story mode, spending even more resources to introduce them in the game proper and get key art/VAs/merchandise(?) for them likely means only one thing.

Isn't there going to be like a Remix Heart anime or something? That'd make more sense as to why those characters are getting a spotlight.

Astarte

Xbox One

On the topic of super-anime games, has anyone put any time into this Touhou game? I'm planning to pick it up and wondering if anyone knows the ropes.

I stopped at 12.6 and didn't move on. The impression I'm getting from Soku threads is that the later games are pretty ass.

did someone say alter memory

iMApFKR.gif

The gift that keeps on giving

4r5

Supposedly the worst part is that when time runs out, it uses that percentage(crowd hype) instead of remaining life to decide who won.

Well, I don't *actually* know if that is worse but it'd take some serious convincing.

First two touhou fighters had no timer. Well, IaMP sure didn't. I can't remember the second one too well.

Sayah

Good stuff man on the grades. I wish I was as smart as some people here ;-; which is why I make dumb (really misinformed) posts, don't think things through and just shoot first and ask questions later. I'm a completely different guy in person which is the frustrating part! Maybe I just wanna feel like I can contribute... I'm getting there though in terms of intellect...
hopefully
Nah, your posts are quite fun to read, not dumb.

Tekken player-like grades you say? :D

10858570_10152969822321419_9021771660275401212_n.jpg

But in all seriousness, Sayah is a pretty smart duder.

Nice. Congrats on that 4.0.

I bet you're in the middle of writing your thesis aren't you?

Yes. It's the final semester now finally.

First two touhou fighters had no timer. Well, IaMP sure didn't. I can't remember the second one too well.

Hisouten only had a timer that let you know the status of the current weather effect going on or about to go on. (I hear a lot of complaints about that system too).

Beats

I've heard these things too but I don't know why any of these games are bad or good. I've played Hissouten for fun with friends before and enjoyed it a fair bit, but never went in enough to make a critical analysis for myself, which is part of what's motivating this I guess.

Hmm, well what I liked about the games were the general movement options and the way the projectile system worked allowed for characters to have some silly projectiles that would probably be broken in any other game. The games are fairly fast and fluid, and the combos are short too. Not sure if that stuff is what makes them good, but it's what I enjoyed about them lol. IaMP is probably the better game out of all of the versions just because it doesn't have the intrusive weather system from the later games.

alstein

In regards to canon, I don't mind if Canon changes some from series to series, but I like it to remain consistent within series.

SNK has some weird canon as well , with KOF and FF/Kizuna/AOF/Maximum Impact being separate timelines.

CO_Andy

How does Seth fit into Bison's story? Can't remember.

Wonder what happened to the lil girl in Rog's ending from Vanilla SF4.

Top Bottom