• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Going to the center in a few hours to hang out before opening. If anyone from FGC-GAF is also attending and wants to meet up sometime during this whole thing, shoot me a PM

Busaiku

It's happening.
We got Famitsu details for Bloodborne.
Only a matter of time till they reveal the Bridget megaton and we get that trailer.

Only a matter of time.

.la1n

After Microsoft and Sony's conferences I can actually say with confidence that Nintendo of all companies is the one that stands to actually surprise and impress me this year.

Beckx

I notice that neither RE characters nor DMC characters are cameos.

That's good news for them, though. When Capcom relegates you to cameo or fan appeal status, you're truly dead.

Dante looking at MegaMan and saying "there but for the grace of god...."

.la1n

Phantom Dust @ MS had me legit shook

That and Bloodborne at Sony would have made me a lot more excited had they been non CG, same goes for Kamiya's new game. In the case of Bloodborne it was even more confusing because we know from the leaks that in game footage shouldn't have been an issue.

Laconic

Banned
Capcom remarked that the FG market was too saturated and blamed that fact as one reason why SFxT did not do too well. I think if they're developing a new fighter they'll keep it in development for a long while before announcing it.

And Capcom is still being laughed at for having the temerity to assert such nonsense. DCL out the yin yang and the utter misfit of gems into a fighting game, suicided that travesty right out the gate, like a day one samurai tripping and landing gut-first on his wakizashi.

Pompadour

And Capcom is still being laughed at for having the temerity to assert such nonsense. DCL out the yin yang and the utter misfit of gems into a fighting game, suicided that travesty right out the gate, like a day one samurai tripping and landing gut-first on his wakizashi.

I think they didn't help themselves with the DLC, gems, etc. make but the market was over saturated. The fighting game genre is a niche genre where fans typically dedicate all of their gaming time to one or two games. Aside from huge hits that entice casual fans (SF, Marvel, MK) most fighters are targeted to a small group of people.

That's good news for them, though. When Capcom relegates you to cameo or fan appeal status, you're truly dead.

Dante looking at MegaMan and saying "there but for the grace of god...."

SF and Vampire are Conker status.

Better get used to NRS. I can't wait to hear in a few years about how a block button is more accessible to new players than holding back to block.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really don't think that the market oversaturation played that big a role in SFxT's failure. It suffered negative press as a result of the DLC marketing scheme and locked characters. There were a lot of casual folks pissed about the release before the game even came out.

Both Tekken and Street Fighter are big names with casuals. People would have bought it if they didn't feel like they were being ripped off.

Quick somewhat unrelated question. If I book a room for Evo, but only for like 2 people, do you know if that can be changed later/when you arrive?

casperOne

Quick somewhat unrelated question. If I book a room for Evo, but only for like 2 people, do you know if that can be changed later/when you arrive?

Which aspect are you looking to change? The number of people? That's generally not a big deal as long as you don't go over the occupancy of four.

Probably better to just list four up front.

Nintendo has some funky music going on for its pre-stream. Chick singing about touching her body and stuff.

Only two games fit this music for me:
TWEWY
Bayonetta 2

Okay, the hype is getting to me.

Time to calm down...deep breaths...deep breaths...

Which aspect are you looking to change? The number of people? That's generally not a big deal as long as you don't go over the occupancy of four.

Probably better to just list four up front.

I would but it requires everyone's personal info :|

Also a guy here already booked a room for himself but is willing to share to split costs.

As for not going over the limit...*flashbacks to last year with room of 7*

...sure

kirblar

Custom fighters might be viable in competitive Smash tournaments (logistically), since you can save them to a figure.

casperOne

I would but it requires everyone's personal info :|

Also a guy here already booked a room for himself but is willing to share to split costs.

As for not going over the limit...*flashbacks to last year with room of 7*

...sure

Let me rephrase, as long as you don't *tell* them that you're going over the limit.

vulva

Through fair and unbias scoring the final scores for e3 are:
MS 40
Sony 9
Nintendo 52

Sony would have been -1 but they mentioned Neogaf

Top Bottom