• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Beckx

I dunno. Hasn't TGS been kinda meh lately? A lot of the big reveals don't get saved for TGS anymore.

Yeah, seems like Japanese stuff either gets special countdown pages and streams or Famitsu reveals or the like. Which is fine. Saving shit up for an annual show is a relic of a bygone era.

Capcom made a free patch for SF4 when AE turbed out to be utter garbage, then made for-the-fans DLC in USF4 despite these same big fans throwing bricks at them over SFxT in the same time period.

The only thing FGC fans have to moan about in regards to Capcom is that they are leaving VS fans out in the cold, when almost all of them would be happy with a small Capcom vs Capcom game with MvC3-ish mechanics. Still don't know why Capcom didn't jump on that when they realised they wouldn't be able to do anything else with their expiring Marvel license...

Rhapsody

Banned
Japanese stuff either gets special countdown pages and streams or Famitsu reveals or the like. Which is fine. Saving shit up for an annual show is a relic of a bygone era.

True, those countdown pages.

Honestly the only reveal I remember last year at TGS was... Dengeki Bunko? lol

Dahbomb

Capcom should outsource it to some guys making platforms if they don't have any teams interested in doing it. If it's from someone like the guys behind Volgarr (Crazy Viking Studios), then we might even get a hell of a game out of it.
Nah that won't get accepted by the fanbase as it would be outsourced.

When someone else makes a MM game and it flops the fanboys will say "but it wasn't a REAL Megaman game made by Capcom".

thehadou

Neo Member
How does anyone think this game looks good? Jesus Christ it looks so bad, the animations are straight D tier & so choppy. How can anyone watch this game & not turn away cause it's so hard to look at.

To be fair, this footage is of an unfinished character. I have faith he'll be cleaned up by release.

Beckx

Sure, when they finish Smash Bros, Rise of Incarnates, Pokken, TxSF, SC:LostSwords DLC.

Yeah, NamcoBandai is doing fine as a company and has a lot of projects, not really worried about them getting more of their fighting games out.

Riposte

There's a character in Rise of Incarnates who fights on a motherfucking motorcycle. Tell me someone made a thread for that.

Capcom made a free patch for SF4 when AE turbed out to be utter garbage, then made for-the-fans DLC in USF4 despite these same big fans throwing bricks at them over SFxT in the same time period.

The only thing FGC fans have to moan about in regards to Capcom is that they are leaving VS fans out in the cold, when almost all of them would be happy with a small Capcom vs Capcom game with MvC3-ish mechanics. Still don't know why Capcom didn't jump on that when they realised they wouldn't be able to do anything else with their expiring Marvel license...
A small vs. game? Naw, I need 50 characters minimum.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
9CukeIE.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheBesteban/status/476531657307353088

Can't tell if m2k, jeremy parish, or some other guy

Capcom should outsource it to some guys making platforms if they don't have any teams interested in doing it. If it's from someone like the guys behind Volgarr (Crazy Viking Studios), then we might even get a hell of a game out of it.

didn't they get an outside company of ex-capcom staff to make MM9? cuz that was like the best one

Shouta

Tanks and Motorcycles as playable units? Yo =o Tank probably Odin and Motorcycle chick is probably Brynhildr

As for Smash speed, that should probably remain to be seen. Games that seem to be played very fast usually are a result of maximizing the use of techniques and familiarity with the game systems. New game looks slow because no one is doing the best stuff yet. It's the same with any game. There are also various other factors that make it seem faster than it actually is.

For example, Marvel 3 looks fast on stream but is a fairly manageable clip when playing it. That's because of they've often sped the captured video footage up while streaming which basically is the equivalent of watching it on fast forward. If they don't do this, even Marvel can look a little slow, lol. That's the big thing with the Smash stream yesterday to me. It looked like it was streaming at game speed + unoptimized play = looks slow.

Silky

Banned
Rise of Incarnates has some pretty damn good character design. :eek:

How does anyone think this game looks good? Jesus Christ it looks so bad, the animations are straight D tier & so choppy. How can anyone watch this game & not turn away cause it's so hard to look at.

Different taste.

So SFV is happening. And might have a pay-for-advantage system.

The king no more?

I saw that. Guess they liked what they saw with SFxT, especially with how successful it was.

Pay for advantage... if it's like SFXT, no. If it's a weird way of saying pay to play the rest of the cast like KI, then maybe.

$5000 worth of Microsoft points to unlock Deejay. Who just happens to be broken.

Rhapsody

Banned
Pay for advantage... if it's like SFXT, no. If it's a weird way of saying pay to play the rest of the cast like KI, then maybe.

Clawww

I love how the very first, tiniest inkling of SFV already comes loaded with something as horrible and and shitstorm-GAFrage inducing as pay for advantage

honestly you couldn't make this shit up

Riposte

Here's what's going to happen: They are either going to backtrack hard or it isn't going to be nearly as bad as it sounds, but only after a year of getting their asses kicked lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'd just really like to know what's up that apparently makes Dash Dancing impossible in the current build of Smash 4. It's like, the previous barrier to entry on that technique (tripping) was kicked the fuck out, how could something else come along to prevent playing footsies in a game that is like this?

Don't do this to me when I finally perfected that shit man. :(

The window capable of allowing one to cancel the initial dash frames into another initial dash animation have been shortened to such a degree that dd is possible - but restricted to such a confined space that it becomes useless as a spacing/mind game tool. It's just like Brawl, only one doesn't have to worry about tripping on top of that.

Seyavesh

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

posting it in this thread too but lmao
this guy

I don't think p2w is going to make it into the game. I can't see anyone in the arcades putting up with that, when they're already paying just to play. Pay to get bodied? Are there other arcade games that are like that?

And also, as long as Capcom US has some input on how the game turns out, it'll probably be fine.

I'm excited to see what they'll deliver in a few years.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

posting it in this thread too but lmao
this guy

Yeah that line was more alarming than anything else.

finally those habdoken spummers get what for

Top Bottom