• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
next-gen prices for next-gen products
Kappa

Hori's is 150 still lol

Like I want to pick up the xrd one but idk if I want to support the 50 dollar bump if I can't understand the reason for it

Hori's is 150 still lol

Like I want to pick up the xrd one but idk if I want to support the 50 dollar bump if I can't understand the reason for it

I think they think LEDs are a legitimate thing that people want and use it as a smokescreen to charge more.

Your stick aint shit unless its lookin' 2 Fast 2 Furious when you bodying fools. "My stick lights up, like I light up dat ass, nigga" - actual back of the box quote

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think they think LEDs are a legitimate thing that people want and use it as a smokescreen to charge more.

Well I have a couple months to think about it. See where my money is at when they drop.

Figure the horis is will be back in stock by then

Astarte

Your stick aint shit unless its lookin' 2 Fast 2 Furious when you bodying fools. "My stick lights up, like I light up dat ass, nigga" - actual back of the box quote

Tell that to that new Qanba stick. It looks like ass AND it got LEDs. It's like someone tried to rice their stick and fucked up horribly

Qanba_Q5_Fightstick_Prototype_at_Evo_201_181239471_thumbnail.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
All qanba sticks look like ass to me.

Only thing they had going for them was the dual mod.but that don't mean shit to me anymore going forward. Ps3/4 compatibility is what's important to me

All qanba sticks look like ass to me.

Only thing they had going for them was the dual mod.but that don't mean shit to me anymore going forward. Ps3/4 compatibility is what's important to me

I like their Q4 models. Those manage to look classy somehow. Most of the rest is drek though.

@DryEyeRelief: Stop with the unblockables or we'll lose our entire forum population :O

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly I'm just waiting for max to make a video about how good the net code is even though BB has been around since 2009 and people keep pointing that out to him every time he complains about fighting games all having meh netcode

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realize that people who played fighting games watched Maximillian's videos

Zissou

sell it to me bro

Because i don't see this

Nice things not in the OG TEs: foam on the bottom, removable cord which is also recessed to prevent damage (as opposed to the razer atrox- my friend's ended up damaged pretty quickly), easily swappable art, no exposed metal at all (no worries with rust, etc.), clips for mounting a shoulder strap, and the biggest thing (which only the atrox also has, as far as I'm aware) tool-free one button opening of the stick. Mine is quite nice!

Why the hate? My Matcatz sticks last gen have been very good to me, and the TE2 is HUGE step up in terms of features/quality over the old TEs.
My HRAP V3 SA was $100 and the quality is just as good as my Madcatz TE. I don't dislike Madcatz sticks, but I do need a price difference to be justified.

What has the TE2 added since the TE? I am ignorant on this - change my mind.

Nice things not in the OG TEs: foam on the bottom, removable cord which is also recessed to prevent damage (as opposed to the razer atrox- my friend's ended up damaged pretty quickly), easily swappable art, no exposed metal at all (no worries with rust, etc.), clips for mounting a shoulder strap, and the biggest thing (which only the atrox also has, as far as I'm aware) tool-free one button opening of the stick. Mine is quite nice!
I don't mod my sticks, so a lot of this means nothing to me. The rest, I'm not clear on why it's beneficial (foam on the bottom?).

My HRAP V3 SA was $100 and the quality is just as good as my Madcatz TE. I don't dislike Madcatz sticks, but I do need a price difference to be justified.

As far as I know, just LEDs and a quick access door to change parts.

Beckx

I don't mod my sticks, so a lot of this means nothing to me. The rest, I'm not clear on why it's beneficial (foam on the bottom?).

Just spitballin' here, but what what may be added is the need to make a particular margin in order to keep making them during this period. (in other words, to create updated models that work with the new consoles and still be a sensible business endeavor for the company given the likely smaller market size while waiting for big name new fighting games to drive sales.)

Zissou

See the above! It solves a lot of issues I've had with many sticks (my 2 Madcatz TEs, a Hori HRAP, VSHG). Pretty much every complaint about those sticks has been addressed. The only stick that is comparable to the TE2 is the Razer Atrox, but I think the TE2 edges it out in the premium stick category.

1) Every other stick I've owned has exposed metal that isn't stainless steel or rust resistant at all. The metal on all of them is deteriorating because somebody thought it was a good idea to put regular-ass steel on the exposed parts of something that will be routinely handled by human hands.

2) Pressing a single button to open the stick is awesome: only the Razer Atrox also has this. It's pretty impossible to use a stick heavily and never open it- buttons need to be cleaned/changed, or every once in a while, a quick disconnect is loose or something. Opening the stick easily is very nice.

3) Removable cord is nice. Good for storage, and if the cord gets damaged, you don't have to learn to solder to fix it.

4) Cover art that you can change easily: if you think it looks bad, you can change out the art whenever you want with whatever you want.

5) Properly recessed start/select buttons: much harder to hit them accidentally than with the original TE.

6) Thing feels like a tank: just feels well-made in general.

7) Cord strap clips make it easy to carry around w/o a stick bag if that's how you want to do it.

8) Foam on the bottom makes it a bit more comfortable to play with it on your lap, protects the stick a big more, and protects your things from your stick if you accidentally set it on them.

Honestly I'm just waiting for max to make a video about how good the net code is even though BB has been around since 2009 and people keep pointing that out to him every time he complains about fighting games all having meh netcode
Welp

I laughed heartily. If I had a nickel for every time I saw this in one of his vids I'd have a quarter.

Top Bottom