• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nom nom nom. Free Sushi is good Sushi.

So who does everybody think is going to win Capcom Cup? I honestly want Snake Eyez to win if only for that U.S representation.

go to sushi palace in strong island (long island), its an unlimited sushi bar for 20 bucks and it has the best sushi ive ever eaten, gurl u gun luv it. also, i think itll be a repeat of evo with snake eyez vs louffy for GF.

Kadey Curse time

Everyone change your bets accordingly

smeddy pls, i dont know what to do!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Why would I go and spend money on crap Sushi when I can get Sushi for free any time I please? I actually got sick of eating it for like half a year but now I'm starting to eat it again.

I kinda want Nishiki to win as well if only for all the crying afterwards. A blanka winning Capcom Cup would please Ono and Deejay would get nerfed even further.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Why would I go and spend money on crap Sushi when I can get Sushi for free any time I please? I actually got sick of eating it for like half a year but now I'm starting to eat it again.

Crap sushi? Now I feel insulted, this place serves godlike sushi, also if the sushi is free than that beats any sushi. And I'm done derailing the topic.

88% win rate over my last 100 Smash For Glory matches. I am so pleased! There were some tough customers tonight. Especially this Ike player.

xCobalt

Crap sushi? Now I feel insulted, this place serves godlike sushi, also if the sushi is free than that beats any sushi. And I'm done derailing the topic.

If a restaurant is AYCE, its typically not the best quality food haha. I'm not complaining though...I go to an AYCE sushi restaurant once a month and I enjoy the food.

lol ayce sushi is never godlike. You let me know when you can get high quality bluefin tuna at a 30-40 AYCE restaurant. AYCE sushi for rolls and stuff can be decent though.

My sushi bill can run up to 80-100 dollars easily and thats not ordering the premium stuff.

This place is one of better sushi places that I have been to, and its definitely not cheap.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kanpai-japanese-sushi-bar-and-grill-los-angeles

These two are considered some of the best in the LA area
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-gen-los-angeles
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sugarfish-by-sushi-nozawa-beverly-hills

Astarte

go to sushi palace in strong island (long island), its an unlimited sushi bar for 20 bucks and it has the best sushi ive ever eaten, gurl u gun luv it. also, i think itll be a repeat of evo with snake eyez vs louffy for GF.

smeddy pls, i dont know what to do!

Unlimited sushi for 20 bucks? Take me away yams

Online Ike players are the worst because 83.8% of the time they're laggy as fuck

Sucks when you play a lightweight character :'(
This guy was pure skill, and we both had a great connection. He just played it all so smart. I went 3-1 against him, but each match was super close. Ike's Up B pisses me off.

This guy was pure skill, and we both had a great connection. He just played it all so smart. I went 3-1 against him, but each match was super close. Ike's Up B pisses me off.

You're lucky then. I get vanilla MvC3 PSN underwater play against most Ikes. Trying to swim air dodge through forward smashes is no fun.

N4Us

www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

VUZbU0R.png

Marz

He's better than in Brawl, but he's still kinda slow and his counter is still abysmal.

He's asking about Ike's up-b. Ike actually wasn't too bad in Brawl, towards the end of the game players like San and some Texas Ike were beating top MetaKnights. Solid mid tier.

NEO0MJ

How? Its near top tier, and it's not like the average exvs player is that good.

Well you can just buy Norn now and cruise your way to easy 100% win rate.

I did start to play more Master Gundam at the end, but it was really tough. There this EX-S Gundam player who was always sniping me perfectly, always!

Aksys employee here. I had a fairly...robust...response to the above typed out, but I decided I like my job and don't want to lose it.

Instead, I will admit to the irony of the above statement while this little argument is going on: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915901

Also, not quite sure why such a minor, inconsequential change makes you so irate, even if it's in jest.

No, no, no. You misunderstand me (and sorry for not communicating myself clearly).
I don't feel one way or another about the Elphelt change, it's understandable. I just don't like the standard cover art in the first place. The faces just look weird. I'd just much prefer the Limited Edition cover being standard because it just looks plain better.

K.Sabot

Not to be a creepy guy who remembers dumb things about fighting game box arts, but Calamity Trigger definitely had Litchi boobs uncovered front and center.

Though Continuum Shift definitely had Mu 12 censored. Not sure what changed, considering you'd think the first iteration sold the best.

Sayad

Just saw it, I prefer the censored version, lol. ;p
Seriously though, it does look better. Do retailers complain about such things? Maybe deny games with pervy cover arts front shelf space! I don't see why they'd change the cover otherwise.

NEO0MJ

I have the JP copy of CP and I don't even see what they could censor.

Oh wait, they didn't. I thought they did because Bullet's bust was covered, similar to how Makoto's bust was covered in the 3DS release of CS II. Shame on me for spreading false information.

I did start to play more Master Gundam at the end, but it was really tough. There this EX-S Gundam player who was always sniping me perfectly, always!

Heh that was probably LinksJP. Yeah also Master Gundam is probably not a good idea since it's not favored by the meta game and you have to spend most of your time working on getting in and getting that damage without dying.

As for getting sniped all the time, don't make your landings obvious. Can't really do anything else about that but improve your fundamentals.

Mr. X

Just saw it, I prefer the censored version, lol. ;p
Seriously though, it does look better. Do retailers complain about such things? Maybe deny games with pervy cover arts front shelf space! I don't see why they'd change the cover otherwise.

ESRB has guidelines that must be met on cover art and stuff. Like Skullgirls.com has "modified" art for the cast on their profile pages.

NEO0MJ

Heh that was probably LinksJP. Yeah also Master Gundam is probably not a good idea since it's not favored by the meta game and you have to spend most of your time working on getting in and getting that damage without dying.

As for getting sniped all the time, don't make your landings obvious. Can't really do anything else about that but improve your fundamentals.

Yeah, game is all about the fundamentals. Not many difficult combos or techniques, so it all comes down to how well you understand the game and experience.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why the madcatz ones are so expensive

Top Bottom