• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

LegatoB

FYI, the SF4-branded TE2 for PS3/4 doesn't have the pre-installed LEDs that the KI Xbone one apparently had. And the removable thin plastic sheet for covering art seems to attract hand grease way quicker than thicker add-on panels. I've tried cleaning it with microfiber clothes, wet and dry, and even them pre-moistened wipes with alcohol and I can't get the patterns to go away. It looks kinda gross and ruins the point of an included transparent panel. (markman help)

It feels really nice, though. And not having to keep around one of them allen keys just to open it up and fix wiring issues is a huge, huge plus.

casperOne

Unfortunately for Snake, the 2 best Sagats in the world are going to be there:(

I like Infiltration.

PM with wager plz.

It's on.

::please have Park Place, please have Park Place::

Everyone has Park Place 521. It's 522, which is rare/practically non-existant.

LEDs...as in, my buttons light up when I press them? That sounds incredibly annoying, if so. I don't know why I would want lights flashing at me while I play. Or do you mean something else?

I bet Mago would have loved for Sanford to have had this on his stick while playing him.

FYI, the SF4-branded TE2 for PS3/4 doesn't have the pre-installed LEDs that the KI Xbone one apparently had. And the removable thin plastic sheet for covering art seems to attract hand grease way quicker than thicker add-on panels. I've tried cleaning it with microfiber clothes, wet and dry, and even them pre-moistened wipes with alcohol and I can't get the patterns to go away. It looks kinda gross and ruins the point of an included transparent panel. (markman help)

It feels really nice, though. And not having to keep around one of them allen keys just to open it up and fix wiring issues is a huge, huge plus.

Oh do you have the KI TE2? Is it true it uses a plastic top plate for the stick and buttons?
I looked at some of the pictures of the internals for the PS3/PS4 TE2s and it looks like they might have gone back to a metal plate which is what I'm hoping for if I ever decide to pick a TE2 up.

That reminds me, the PS4 HRAP has been out for a month or so in Japan right? Any lag tests yet?

The lag test results were all relative to other sticks so it's kind of hard to test atm with the limited selection and availability.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There was a front page post on Imgur recently about this.

Yeah. They produce less/next to none of the piece while producing tons of the rest of the set lol

Offer still stands though Kadey

Beckx

No I mean the piece numbers not the fact that they don't make it easy to win the prize.

When I was a little kid Coke had this promotion where you could win a million dollars if you collected the whole phrase "Coke The Real Thing" from bottlecaps (one word on a cap).

I had a whole drawer of bottle caps just waiting for the day I'd get one (or more!) with "Real" on it. :(

No I mean the piece numbers not the fact that they don't make it easy to win the prize.

When I was a little kid Coke had this promotion where you could win a million dollars if you collected the whole phrase "Coke The Real Thing" from bottlecaps (one word on a cap).

I had a whole drawer of bottle caps just waiting for the day I'd get one (or more!) with "Real" on it. :(

u didn't win a million but coke made a bunch of money off u

LegatoB

Oh do you have the KI TE2? Is it true it uses a plastic top plate for the stick and buttons?
I looked at some of the pictures of the internals for the PS3/PS4 TE2s and it looks like they might have gone back to a metal plate which is what I'm hoping for if I ever decide to pick a TE2 up.
I have the PS4/3 Street Fighter 4 one (bought it when I was in Japan). It uses a stacked-panel approach like custom art mods for other sticks. The main panel, which the buttons & lever are mounted to, is metal, but there's a second, very thin, plastic panel on top of it. That's what you use to sandwich your art. (The buttons have small spacers added so they sit flush with the plastic panel.) So don't worry about it feeling weak or flaky; I'm not too happy with the thin plastic piece right now, but the rest of the stick feels like a tank. Very sturdy.

Just spitballin' here, but what what may be added is the need to make a particular margin in order to keep making them during this period. (in other words, to create updated models that work with the new consoles and still be a sensible business endeavor for the company given the likely smaller market size while waiting for big name new fighting games to drive sales.)
Maybe, but that's not a reason for me to buy one over a Hori.

See the above! It solves a lot of issues I've had with many sticks (my 2 Madcatz TEs, a Hori HRAP, VSHG). Pretty much every complaint about those sticks has been addressed. The only stick that is comparable to the TE2 is the Razer Atrox, but I think the TE2 edges it out in the premium stick category.

1) Every other stick I've owned has exposed metal that isn't stainless steel or rust resistant at all. The metal on all of them is deteriorating because somebody thought it was a good idea to put regular-ass steel on the exposed parts of something that will be routinely handled by human hands.

2) Pressing a single button to open the stick is awesome: only the Razer Atrox also has this. It's pretty impossible to use a stick heavily and never open it- buttons need to be cleaned/changed, or every once in a while, a quick disconnect is loose or something. Opening the stick easily is very nice.

3) Removable cord is nice. Good for storage, and if the cord gets damaged, you don't have to learn to solder to fix it.

4) Cover art that you can change easily: if you think it looks bad, you can change out the art whenever you want with whatever you want.

5) Properly recessed start/select buttons: much harder to hit them accidentally than with the original TE.

6) Thing feels like a tank: just feels well-made in general.

7) Cord strap clips make it easy to carry around w/o a stick bag if that's how you want to do it.

8) Foam on the bottom makes it a bit more comfortable to play with it on your lap, protects the stick a big more, and protects your things from your stick if you accidentally set it on them.
How does it look if I remove the cover art? I don't like cover art.

It sounds like a good fit for you, but I've never had any of these issues. How is the cord removable?

casperOne

Each piece tells you the number of the piece, as well as the numbers of the other pieces you need to win.

The one in the Imgur post was 521, and it said you need 521 and 522 to win (I'm trying to find the Imgur post).

I have the PS4/3 Street Fighter 4 one (bought it when I was in Japan). It uses a stacked-panel approach like custom art mods for other sticks. The main panel, which the buttons & lever are mounted to, is metal, but there's a second, very thin, plastic panel on top of it. That's what you use to sandwich your art. (The buttons have small spacers added so they sit flush with the plastic panel.) So don't worry about it feeling weak or flaky; I'm not too happy with the thin plastic piece right now, but the rest of the stick feels like a tank. Very sturdy.

Ah k thanks. Does anyone here have the XB1 KI TE2 that can check the plate for me?

Each piece tells you the number of the piece, as well as the numbers of the other pieces you need to win.

The one in the Imgur post was 521, and it said you need 521 and 522 to win (I'm trying to find the Imgur post).

Why do we even need to know about the sticker number, Boardwalk has always been the elusive winning piece anyways right?

Untrue, I've one plenty of free sandwiches.

As I march closer and closer to death by fast food.

According to the article, you'll win food automatically 1/4 of the time. Fries make up 1/2 of that automatic food. So you're chances of getting a free sandwich are worse than 1/8, probably more like 1/15 or 1/20....

How often do you go to McDonald's? I guess these odds aren't accurate for a lifetime of monopoly games.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody wants to play some Ultra?

So if Daigo wins this weekend he's in. If he doesn't Rice Eater cries.

Kumubou

You can use your PS3 sticks (Madcatz so far announced) on PS4 when playing Skullgirls
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/7040253/skullgirls-encore-ps4-supports-ps3-arcade-sticks-madcatz
And it turns out the doner programmer was someone from Naughty Dog. I'm actually kind of surprised that Sony is letting this rock. Hopefully more developers take advantage of the drivers.

The article does say that PS360+s and Inpins won't work, but I'm pretty sure the PS360+ can be forced into a generic USB device mode. Don't have the documentation on me, as I'm at work (and if it's an issue, they always could release a firmware update for the board.)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If a restaurant is AYCE, its typically not the best quality food haha. I'm not complaining though...I go to an AYCE sushi restaurant once a month and I enjoy the food.

The quality is top notch bro, the sushi is honestly better than all the "fancy" places I've been to in downtown. The chefs they have are really top notch.

Unlimited sushi for 20 bucks? Take me away yams

If you ever in the area and we can find a car, it'll be the best gaf meet up ever.
Probably awkward as hell too haha

vulva

Infiltration?

Infiltration is a great player but his Chun isn't fantastic. People give him too much credit when playing him and let him get away with tons of super unsafe stuff. At Capcom Cup I sincerely doubt he could get away with all the point blank hazanshus he does.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Infiltration is a great player but his Chun isn't fantastic. People give him too much credit when playing him and let him get away with tons of super unsafe stuff. At Capcom Cup I sincerely doubt he could get away with all the point blank hazanshus he does.

Definitely.

jbug617

Banned
I think Infiltration is going to win. He has the ability to play multiple characters at a very high level. Who knows which secret counterpick he will pull out..

pooptest

So, the Capcom Pro Tour event is coming up in SF soon. I've never been to any event before (except for some random one at the Stonestown Galleria mall in SF outside some clothing store. Weird venue, but i think FChamp was there?) and I was thinking about getting the VIP Ticket for $75.

Is it worth the $75? Has anyone bought VIP tickets before?

And it turns out the doner programmer was someone from Naughty Dog. I'm actually kind of surprised that Sony is letting this rock. Hopefully more developers take advantage of the drivers.

The article does say that PS360+s and Inpins won't work, but I'm pretty sure the PS360+ can be forced into a generic USB device mode. Don't have the documentation on me, as I'm at work (and if it's an issue, they always could release a firmware update for the board.)

I'm pretty sure it was Sony that told LZ they could basically write their own if they wanted the support, so it'd be really fucked up if they turned around and tried to stop it.

For this to really get into other games besides SG, fans would have to make a lot of noise. Somebody better think of a clever hashtag

Top Bottom