• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yo, if Valle is going to keep doing this WWE shtik any further, he should know when and how to defuse if it heats up like this, and ffs know when not to intigate it further. Or just get cooler heads to play along for the grudge matches

If you've heard Valle speak before, you'll know he's old school with the trash talk and back up your talk with your game and not about hugs & kisses. He wouldn't want them to physically fight of course, but he won't stop the trash talk.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes either.

Anyways, this is done so I can hit the sack now.

Dahbomb

I don't understand how Viscant was playing "lame".

Viscant was playing charge characters but was walking forward non stop in the whole set. He was making hella hard reads and staying in his face. It was the exact opposite of lame play. In fact Viscant should've played lamer (because he definitely can, he won EVO playing lame) but he clearly did not respect LTG so he just RTSD.

Nabs

ibhPiejNyY4EsD.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | Age of Viscant
FGW | You Did Not Survive
FGW | White Edition
FGW | Whip it out, tuck it in
FGW | TFW Worse than DSP

totally. he said "nothing personal" but makes personal attacks towards people but when it comes back to him "you wouldnt say that shit to me on the street"

He's like the anti e-thug. Looks like the kind of guy who absolutely can't imagine not getting away with bullshit because of his build. Viscant is probably shattering his world view just by calling him out and not having any of it.

alstein

I don't understand how Viscant was playing "lame".

Viscant was playing charge characters but was walking forward non stop in the whole set. He was making hella hard reads and staying in his face. It was the exact opposite of lame play. In fact Viscant should've played lamer (because he definitely can, he won EVO playing lame) but he clearly did not respect LTG so he just RTSD.

Yeah, it was obvious Viscant was playing in rage mode. He was playing a bit dumber than normal due to that, but sometimes that rage helps in long sets.

That said, if you're working two jobs and volunteering and some person going in the wrong direction is shitting on your lifestyle, it does make you mad.

rookiejet

If you've heard Valle speak before, you'll know he's old school with the trash talk and back up your talk with your game and not about hugs & kisses. He wouldn't want them to physically fight of course, but he won't stop the trash talk.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes either.

Anyways, this is done so I can hit the sack now.

Trash talk is fine if the people doing it have a good sense of humor about, and don't escalate it as much as what these two did. You can't tell me that they weren't taking it personally by the end there. It wasn't even entertaining, just embarrassing for all involved tbh

phaonaut

Trash talk is fine if the people doing it have a good sense of humor about, and don't escalate it as much as what these two did. You can't tell me that they weren't taking it personally by the end there. It wasn't even entertaining, just embarrassing for all involved tbh

I was thoroughly entertained.

That was the point of the grudge match. That it was personal. Not the friendly shit we've been having.

Sayad

Trash talk is fine long as it doesn't have a chance of getting physical or get one sided to the point where it just seems like bullying. LTG certainly looked like he was ready to get physical though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the most obtuse thing he said was probably that Viscant played lame. Viscant wasn't even really playing lame when he had the life advantage, the clock was ticking down and he was playing a charge character.

Grakl

I think the most obtuse thing he said was probably that Viscant played lame. Viscant wasn't even really playing lame when he had the life advantage, the clock was ticking down and he was playing a charge character.
Yeah, LTG just a scrub who tried to justify losing by saying wack shit lol

Exr

If it escalates it only reflects poorly on the guy who loses. If both parties talk shit prior to the match I think there's a justifiable acceptance for the final verbal nails in the coffin.

Yo, if Valle is going to keep doing this WWE shtik any further, he should know when and how to defuse if it heats up like this, and ffs know when not to intigate it further. Or just get cooler heads to play along for the grudge matches

Why? This is competition. Shit is going to be said.

I haven't seen this but it sounds awesome. Don't understand why some are so against passion and heated competition in the FGC.

mbpm1

Nemo retweeting something in Japanese with Low Tier Fraud in it lol

That was the best WNF match I've seen in a while, and it was wholly because of Viscant

smurfx

get some go again

I haven't seen this but it sounds awesome. Don't understand why some are so against passion and heated competition in the FGC.
most were pretty cautious because this low tier guy had been threatening to beat viscant's ass on twitter. he was also kinda threatening him before the match started. people shouldn't have to be on edge because of some crybaby wanting to fight because somebody called them out but this stuff does happen.

Rhapsody

Banned

This. I feel like this is exactly what the WNF team wanted out of grudge matches.
Whenever we tried doing interviews for past grudge matches or SCR, the trash talk was pretty weak.

Edit: Regardless, I'm pretty sure the staff wouldn't want it to escalate to anything physical. They just only want it to reach this point. So I guess I can see some people not too happy with that since it could've gone bad.

Top Bottom