• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They just released it early for real
iVr6nPcVaOKY1.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Didn't people play UMK3 competitively for years?

Indeed.

SF wasn't made to be competitive either early on. UMK3 is definitely less broken than ST even, but a lot of that probably has to do with all characters having roughly the same normals, though.

WHat I was really wondering was how the mk name stayed untarnished after years of pretty bad games and shifty spinoffs...it was like the sonic of fighting games which I guess is a good example because people still buy those games hoping the next one will be good.

Also those charms are dope imma get venom/baiken.

Because those games delivered what most FG players want. MK fans weren't buying them hoping the next is good. They were good to them.

As for spin offs, Shaolin Monks is a great game. No joke. I'd argue it's the best MK game of that era.

Aquashark

Banned
the list of qualified players for IESF 2014 has been published:
http://ie-sf.com/en/tournaments/2014_players.php

i was expecting a bit more players to attend (so i could have a shot at taking a match from someone :D), but Infiltration, Veggey, Yagami..
i'm too old for believing in miracles. in fact i'm the oldest player listed, grinding dat 9 to 5 and stuffs (dat excuse option select!)

welp, gonna be fun either way!

casperOne

Oh I'm not taking it too seriously. It's only online. I just never realized how bad some matchups really are for Gief lol.

As a Sagat player (especially in Vanilla) seeing that my opponent was playing Geif:

ujySyDr.gif

That Youmacon Craigslist ad is up again, apparently.

I forced myself to read through it. I have regrets.

L2F3UFx.gif

Yo somebody call that Raging Mewtwo fan

This is what this guy is experiencing right now:

o-face.gif

Today.....

We are ALL Mewtwos.

This guy is ridiculous.

But on the plus side, he's giving out gold so thats cool.

This guy gave out 100 gold. On the one hand, that's great on him, very generous. On the other, I wonder if his fandom borders on obsession and this isn't impacting him in a detrimental way.

Honda throws salt in Omega
%EF%BC%A8%EF%BC%AF%EF%BC%AE%EF%BC%A4%EF%BC%A1_%E8%8D%92%E6%BD%AE_001.jpg

More info here but it's in Japanese.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2014/10/23_7945.html

This was showcased in the original video, IIRC.

I loved the Marvel charms he/she (I'm not sure, I don't know anything about the person other than the name and that they make charms) made, I'll definitely pick up a few of these.

Stage Builder got me wondering if the Smash community would ever consider allowing custom stages in tournaments. I figure it's unlikely just because of the logistics involved with making sure every single system used in tournament has the stage downloaded.

I don't know if it would be unlikely, I'd expect that maybe they'd have an official set of custom stages that they'd use, just like they came together to ban items, they'll figure out as a community what to do with custom stages. I imagine initially, none would be allowed, of course.

Watching the video last night, I'm wondering what the initial impressions by the community are on multi field levels (the levels which have action on a separate plane) as well as items (just because of the current Melee ruleset) from a tournament/competition point of view.

FGW | Oct 27-Nov 3 |Today, we are all low IQ scrubs

This, if nothing better happens until now and Sunday.

I hope 4v4 team tourneys become a thing for Smash 4

8 player matches starting Top 8's too, have a small side bonus for the person that wins and plan for the extra 10 minutes it'll take

Top Bottom