• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

That wasn't anywhere on the level as the GG stuff. And I really have a problem understanding why it's such a big fucking deal, to be perfectly honest. People should know by now that what flies in Japan doesn't always fly in North America. And the changes are so minor as to be laughable. We covered up LITERALLY a couple of millimeters of skin; not exactly burning books in the grand scheme of things.

In the end, we did what we were required to do. If people are still bent out of shape about it, there's nothing more I can do about it.

Real talk, are you able to pass along the USB driver thing so Arc knows people want that?

Busaiku

I'm not saying you guys actively chose to do that, but I mean it's not just the lack of exposed skin that's a problem.
I mean the US cover for Continuum Shit II looks like an absolute mess. Due to the zooming and repositioning, it is so cluttered. Platinum's placement in particular is awful.
The zooming of the Chrono Phantasma LE is also annoying.

Uraizen

Banned
If you're talking about that one option select then you won't have to worry since 98% of the people you will run into won't know how to do it.

No, I just like it in general.

Hm... so Kokonoe can do 10k off of 6B starter.

https://twitter.com/daracap/status/525609766148526081

Also Celica OD combo. Low health OD 6C starter, so not really practical for this exact one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeSzXfQg5I&feature=youtu.be&a

Edit: On the topic of YRCs, they're an interesting idea, just needs another iteration to get tweaked further.
Also sucks that not everyone benefitted from YRCs or even RCs too much. I'm looking at you Slayer.

1) Kokonoe is shitting out damage again, uh? Wonder what the conditions are.

2) Tweak it how?

And yes, you can see Elphet's cleavage in the game...
Fucking *SIGH*

/astroturf

Oh thank God, whether or not I could see her cleavage would have been a deal breaker. I wanna YRC to give opponents a slow-mo look at it before I shoot them.

That wasn't anywhere on the level as the GG stuff. And I really have a problem understanding why it's such a big fucking deal, to be perfectly honest. People should know by now that what flies in Japan doesn't always fly in North America. And the changes are so minor as to be laughable. We covered up LITERALLY a couple of millimeters of skin; not exactly burning books in the grand scheme of things.

In the end, we did what we were required to do. If people are still bent out of shape about it, there's nothing more I can do about it.

People hate censorship, doesn't matter what kind. That's all it really comes down to ... I hope.

mbpm1

Bison, standing roundhouse all day.

Guile, sonic booms and crouching fierce all day.

Honda, sumo splash and headbutts all day.

Balrog, rush punch and jab spam all day.

Chun, standing strong and neutral jumping roundhouse all day.

Mes, getting hit by any and everything all day.

Rockturtle pls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People are petty about light skin censorship. I remember the 'outcry' over Fortune Summoners covering up little girls during a bathing scene and how dumb it was, good lord.
the world we live in today right here

#StopClothingChildrenGate

I'll probably end up double dipping, but I am probably going to get the ps4 version since it's an excuse to get a ps4 stick. So if the hori stick comes back in stock before the release, I'll get the ps4 version

I'm also getting the JP and NA versions for PS4.

Worth.

No, I just like it in general.

In that case, I think you'll enjoy finding out how to make it work with Chipp.

smh

Meanwhile, how about that Smash Wii U footage? The visuals in this game are surprisingly good. (I imagine that's more Good Art™ than anything else but dear God the Orbital Gate footage.)

I still remember playing on the old version of this stage on the N64. How far we've come.

iIvlbGMm5bVn2.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
2) Tweak it how?
Remove the ability to YRC on certain moves. There are some moves that won't allow you like DP and such. Now you just need to add those to things like jumps, backdash, teleports (imo), etc.

Another is that I feel like YRCs should have a shorter slow down time compared to RCs. 25 tension on that length might be a little too good imo for neutral. And while not necessary, maybe not let the character YRC during a current YRC time slow just to help the flow of game better.

There are other things I thought of, but those are the big ones to me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably end up double dipping, but I am probably going to get the ps4 version since it's an excuse to get a ps4 stick. So if the hori stick comes back in stock before the release, I'll get the ps4 version

I'm getting JP PS3 and US PS4 LE

Dat 2 week difference is everything

Remove the ability to YRC on certain moves. There are some moves that won't allow you like DP and such. Now you just need to add those to things like jumps, backdash, teleports (imo), etc.

Another is that I feel like YRCs should have a shorter slow down time compared to RCs. 25 tension on that length might be a little too good imo for neutral. And while not necessary, maybe not let the character YRC during a current YRC time slow just to help the flow of game better.

From what I've read, this seems to be cited as the biggest problem with the game most frequently by JP players

Anne

I'm getting JP PS3 and US PS4 LE

Dat 2 week difference is everything

From what I've read, this seems to be cited as the biggest problem with the game most frequently by JP players

Frequently time stop comes up as the actual problem with it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really hope SF5 has way better netcode than 4 right now. Going back to 4 and it feels unplayable for more than half of the connections on green and yellow bars. Having 4k BP Ryu's doing full screen tatsus very annoying when I'm trying to learn this game seriously lol

Marz

I really hope SF5 has way better netcode than 4 right now. Going back to 4 and it feels unplayable for more than half of the connections on green and yellow bars. Having 4k BP Ryu's doing full screen tatsus very annoying when I'm trying to learn this game seriously lol

I'm all about that full screen tatsu mixup.

kirblar

Getting the PS4/XB1 hardware alone helps with the netplay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm so lost when it comes to netcode conversations. I mean yeah, some games are just abysmal (ultra minority), but I've had super shitty matches with people in my territory with games people cream their jeans over for having such good netcode.

It's so damn subjective and circumstantial. Testing different games from the same two houses doesn't control for enough variables (i.e. network stress, ISPs, ports used, geographic location).

Every report has little to no merit.

FluxWaveZ

It's so damn subjective and circumstantial. Testing different games from the same two houses doesn't control for enough variables (i.e. network stress, ISPs, ports used, geographic location).

Yes, but there is a consensus. There will always be exceptions, but I know I've had very poor network experiences with MvC3 and SF4, while they were satisfying in BB and P4A, and that seems to match most people's experience.

Dahbomb

I'm so lost when it comes to netcode conversations. I mean yeah, some games are just abysmal (ultra minority), but I've had super shitty matches with people in my territory with games people cream their jeans over for having such good netcode.

So we should all just shut up and take it up the ass repeatedly.

That's what these companies want you to do.

thelastword

Banned
Gfwl netcode was pretty good for me, however, Ultra is probably the worse performing product I've ever bought. When your online play and settings affect your offline play (where arcade play stutters and halt to a crawl and makes the fan in your pc run into serious noisy overdrive) you know there was a high level of in-competence at play in the making of this product.

I actually believe the recent patch made this game even worse than it used to be, there's a major memory leak somewhere which slows down the game to a crawl. Sometimes I play online and the game feels like it plays itself, my inputs comes out faster than anticipated at times, sometimes not at all and sometimes too late. Sometimes I play and I believe i'm not in control during the match, it's very very sloppy.

onionfrog

Is that a prescription, doc?
DEAD!

Wired connections definitely help though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yes, but there is a consensus. There will always be exceptions, but I know I've had very poor network experiences with MvC3 and SF4, while they were satisfying in BB and P4A, and that seems to match most people's experience.
I question those consensuses, or at least how applicable they are when I'm playing those aforementioned games with good netcode (more specifically Namco games) and I'm having comparably shitty experiences. I can play Marvel with GAFers in Belgium and it runs smoother than playing SCV with someone who is in my own city.

So we should all just shut up and take it up the ass repeatedly.

That's what these companies want you to do.
...are you capable of posting without having a nonsensical "dem evil companies are trying to rape us!" conspiracy tag at the end?

I don't even know how this is relevant to what I said. I didn't even imply that it's not worth talking about, at all. I mean.. we're talking about it.

MrDaravon

Watching the archive of Mike Ross' stream from today, hearing the mic chat from the people he is playing against is great. Fucking dying at this Elena he's playing. "I need this runback in my life"

Dahbomb

Saying stuff like "every report has little merit" is exactly the kind of thing that lets the head of these corporations get away with it.

78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

...are you capable of posting without having a nonsensical "dem evil companies are trying to rape us!" conspiracy tag at the end?

I don't even know how this is relevant to what I said. I didn't even imply that it's not worth talking about, at all. I mean.. we're talking about it.

didnt dahbomb make fun of people who preorder too

Uraizen

Banned

Hmm... okay, but let me keep teleports. I could FRC Chipp's teleports in +R, so let me keep that much.

Strange idea, but what if RC was just naturally slower than YRC? In other words the amount of time is the same, but the slow-down isn't as strong.

I'll have to play the game for a few months to give a definitive opinion, but I really like it as it is now in theory. I love it in the demo, but I don't have someone doing it back to me in the demo. So I can't say much else on it.

I hear ya, it's not all about that win. The big question is... did you get hit by it?

Dahbomb

didnt dahbomb make fun of people who preorder too
Hell yes although it was directed more towards people who pre-order months in advance (due to hype) at Gamestop. Wasn't directed at people who just order online a few days in advance from Amazon as money isn't put down for them to generate profit off of it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hmm... okay, but let me keep teleports. I could FRC Chipp's teleports in +R, so let me keep that much.
If they lower the time slow, I wouldn't mind it as much. As of right now, teleport YRCs are pretty scary when used for whiff punishing moves.
Strange idea, but what if RC was just naturally slower than YRC? In other words the amount of time is the same, but the slow-down isn't as strong.
Hm, I get what you're saying. I think that's one of those things where I'd have to play more of before deciding on which would be better. I feel like YRC time slow as they are disrupt the flow a tiny bit. So either or could work for me. Ideally I'd like maybe both shorter time slow down and less of an effect on slow. Then it'd flow better while making YRCs friendly to use without being crazy mixup tools since the screen pause is still there.
I hear ya, it's not all about that win. The big question is... did you get hit by it?
I didn't. But sometimes I ended up only stand blocking and eating a mixup after lol

I should figure out what buttons to press as Rolento when I manage to crouch under it.

Hell yes although it was directed more towards people who pre-order months in advance (due to hype) at Gamestop. Wasn't directed at people who just order online a few days in advance from Amazon as money isn't put down for them to generate profit off of it.

so if gamestop (the one stop shop for devils) gets my preorder, then i'm some schmuck, but if amazon (the bestest place in the milky way) gets my preorder, it's hunky dory?

can we trade dahbomb for kingofsarus

Saying stuff like "every report has little merit" is exactly the kind of thing that lets the head of these corporations get away with it.

78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

I agree, but...

It's a big, damn, hard-to-quantify, expensive problem that software can never truly be a silver bullet for. Anecdotes at best can tell you if something is wrong, but they can't tell you what or why things may be right.

Top Bottom