• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Lemstar

I give Best Buy my money ahead of time all the time. Paying $40 for $60 games that get sold for $50+ after I'm done is pretty nice.

Nyoro SF

I'm just curious at which dude at ESRB consistently strikes down some harmless cleavage on covers.

Is my grandfather working for the ESRB in his spare time perhaps? heh

I guess another important question is, was the change to the GGXrd cover made in response to an ESRB criticism, or was it done in anticipation of one? How does this censorship come about?

Mr. X

I'm just curious at which dude at ESRB consistently strikes down some harmless cleavage on covers.

Is my grandfather working for the ESRB in his spare time perhaps? heh

I guess another important question is, was the change to the GGXrd cover made in response to an ESRB criticism, or was it done in anticipation of one? How does this censorship come about?

You send to them first for approval or they see the marketing material and tell you to change. I think they punish you with fines.

Rhapsody

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;135801241 said:
Things like random full screen tatsus. I just recently switched over from Xbox to PC and I've encountered a lot more stupid players then I did on Xbox.

I had a Hugo churning butter reversals. Just did j.HP over and over and got like 3 counter hits and didn't bother confirming.

I'm mostly annoyed since I do want to learn and get better at this game, and setting it to more skilled does nothing.
Going to WNF would just get me 0-2'ed as of right now.

jbug617

Banned
I preorder games that get reward certificates from Best Buy. Since I got GCU new games cost $50.99(after taxes) getting $10 plus that makes it worth it.

Uraizen

Banned
I had a Hugo churning butter reversals. Just did j.HP over and over and got like 3 counter hits and didn't bother confirming.

I'm mostly annoyed since I do want to learn and get better at this game, and setting it to more skilled does nothing.
Going to WNF would just get me 0-2'ed as of right now.

And this is, unfortunately, why you need to only play with friends or people you know.

daigo_time6qub8.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Pre order DLC (especially retail exclusive) is legit bull shit and people should not put up with it.
I've bought all of my fighting game character DLC either "used" or heavily discounted.

Bought the Shuma/Jill download code from a Gaffer who pre-ordered the special edition and didn't care for them.
Bought SFxTK + the DLC packs only once the SF25 anniversary set was being sold at sub-$100, and ended up selling the individual components of that set for more than what I bought it.

Character DLC in fighters just irritates me, pre-order bonus or not. I'm sort of compelled to get it because my setup ends up being used for tournaments, but I don't like to reward bad behavior when I don't have to.

Dahbomb

I was more talking about "PRE ORDER AT BEST BUY AND GET THIS COOL LEGENDARY SPARROW IN DESTINY FOR FREE!"

More often than not the actual content is not that substantial but it's starting to get more and more substantial over time.

And you know what else I really fucking hate? Season Passes. Don't even get me started on that shit. So many people think they get a great deal on shit that is 90% of the time on disc.

My most recent trend that I hate is the COD day 0 edition. I can't wait until someone puts out a day -5 edition that allows you to play 1 week early for only $20 more.

casperOne

2 Old 2 Furious always have great posters

B0vC2sGIYAAt51Y.jpg

I loved seeing this. There were a bunch of them at Next Level being given out. A great nod to the George Romero zombie flicks.

casperone choking on art's stream.

Yeah, this was my worst performance yet at a 2O2F event. ST is the game I go for, and I enter A2 and CvS2 for the hell of it. Tonight it was just bad across the board (I usually am even or above water in ST).

Anth0ny

My most recent trend that I hate is the COD day 0 edition. I can't wait until someone puts out a day -5 edition that allows you to play 1 week early for only $20 more.

I'm certain this shit will happen before the end of the gen.

Nintendo already toyed with it. I think you got Wind Waker HD 2 weeks early if you bought it digitally. I know EA is gonna pull some "20 days early for $20 more!" shit at some point.

Retailer DLC is stupid as fuck. I get all my shit from Future Shop for 33% off and I'll never buy a game from another retailer for specific DLC (unless they give me a better deal). Has there ever been a case where it was actually exclusive to the specific retailer forever? I feel like they always eventually allow everyone to just buy it as standard DLC.

CPS2

I think my stance on character DLC has changed from must-buy, to wait as long as I can possibly hold out, see if I'm better off getting a GOTY or complete edition or sequel before spending that extra money. I've bought quite a few DLC characters that I've never even used, just to have the option of using them or having them available when other people use my stuff. I haven't even bought Kokonoe yet but I probably will once I get an idea of what's happening with the series after BBCP2.

Top Bottom