• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Daigo has landed more demons today from non dizzy situations with Evil Ryu than I have in the 3+ years since I've started playing him in AE. Which probably accounts to maybe 5,000+ matches lol.

Daigo practically has this now. Maybe Poongko can win because of the random factor but I don't see anyway Dark Jiewa or Leslie can provide a real threat considering the match up.

G47XiSp.jpg

Unlucky

I heard that Gamerbee has to get at least 4th in the round robin to secure his spot. Is that true?
No, I think Gamerbee's spot is already secure. He is last place of the top 6 in points standings. Here is how he stands with his Asia Finals competitors:

Xian 624 (already secured a spot)
Gamerbee 442
Daigo 276
Humanbomb 215
Gackt 138

Points breakdown for Asia Finals:
1st place 256 points + auto-qualify
2nd place 128 points
3rd place 64 points
4th place 32 points
5th place 16 points
7th place 8 points
9th place 4 points
13th place 2 points

I heard that Gamerbee has to get at least 4th in the round robin to secure his spot. Is that true?

I read some people saying that Knuckledu won both PS3 and 360 online qualifiers. If that's true he would have 466 points and put him 24 ahead of Gamerbee. That means Gamerbee has to get at least 4th place like you said to get himself into the Capcom Cup or it goes to Knuckledu. But I have no idea how true that is.

Daigo has landed more demons today from non dizzy situations with Evil Ryu than I have in the 3+ years since I've started playing him in AE. Which probably accounts to maybe 5,000+ matches lol.

Daigo practically has this now. Maybe Poongko can win because of the random factor but I don't see anyway Dark Jiewa or Leslie can provide a real threat considering the match up.

Daigo still has to win the grand finals best of 7 to qualify. I think he has a top 2 spot in the bag, but he can easily lose the grand finals depending on his opponent.

FourMyle

Daigo still has to win the grand finals best of 7 to qualify. I think he has a top 2 spot in the bag, but he can easily lose the grand finals depending on his opponent.

When was the last time Daigo lost to anyone in a long set? I think he lost to Gackt once back in 2012

When was the last time Daigo lost to anyone in a long set? I think he lost to Gackt once back in 2012

This isn't really a long set like Topanga league. He lost to Nemo at the Tokyo Game Show and that was a FT5. If it was a FT7 or something like that I think Daigo would have it in the bag, but a FT4 could still be won by one of the other competitors.

FourMyle

This isn't really a long set like Topanga league. He lost to Nemo at the Tokyo Game Show and that was a FT5. If it was a FT7 or something like that I think Daigo would have it in the bag, but a FT4 could still be won by one of the other competitors.

I see, interesting. I would love to see a Poongko vs Daigo GF

Village

Furry costumes?

keep ya anime's out my street fighter

Anthropomorphism isn't unique to animu, or bad. I know the internet tells people to think its bad but its not really.

Also Balrog i going to be a bull, vega is going to be a snake ( or juri) , what is mibison going to be?

Also blame american cartoons and comics for furries :p

Looney toons got to a lot of people

Space jam got a lot of people

Azure J

Also blame american cartoons and comics for furries :p

People took too many godlike properties too far. Now we'll never see a modern day Ducktales or Disney movie half as great as The Great Mouse Detective again.

Hyperbole I know but I hope you get the point. :p

Village

The concept of anthropomorphism has existed before furries for like thousands of years, and they ever go it will probably still exist. Its an art thing that has been used in very powerful ways, I know how to separate it.

I don't let the internet just formulate opinions for me with out basis for shit.

Malice215

Capcom bout to make them bipson bucks from those furry costumes.

Hearthstone > Fighting Games

In popularity and accessibility, yes, but the game is even more random than Marvel 3 is. Still good fun though, but I'd probably go nuts if I tried to play it competitively.

And if anyone is looking for something to watch, the UK is streaming their SCV tournament. Some players from France and Germany are also in attendance.

Stream http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark

Brackets http://emsm14.challonge.com/

More info http://8wayrun.com/threads/oct-25-2014-edge-master-series-major-2014-london.18295/

Just saw those animal sf4 costumes. I'm down. They look pretty cool in that art. Had random thoughts while looking at the concept art.

I want a zoidberg hakan costume on PC.
I hope gief is a bear
Hey, remember bloody roar
Chimera ants from HxH
I hope deejay looks cool
I wish they would all get "mecha'd" like akuma in the cyberbots home port.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just saw those animal sf4 costumes. I'm down. They look pretty cool in that art. Had random thoughts while looking at the concept art.

I want a zoidberg hakan costume on PC.
I hope gief is a bear
Hey, remember bloody roar
Chimera ants from HxH
I hope deejay looks cool
I wish they would all get "mecha'd" like akuma in the cyberbots home port.

That arc was depressing

Top Bottom