• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
heh awesome! are you in hawaii then? i hope he seemed like he was having a good time. and yeah he doesn't drink much, tbh i don't drink much nowadays either but i can still put a few back now and then. cheers to you too!

Yep, I hope he's having fun too. There's a lot of things to do and places to eat at. If he doesn't have anything to do for some reason, send me a PM and I can help. I'm a very good tour guide.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've always disliked Bridget, Dizzy, May's (for a time) designs because I felt they were too cutesy or "anime".

Luckily, they didn't get that much play in the west, so I rarely see them unless I'm watching acho match vids or something. It's like the characters I didn't like never existed, so the game always had a perception of badassedness.

I think it's fair to say that the new GG designs are just a product of modern times, though. I can agree that Sol is overtly detailed but he still looks badass. The real tragedy for me is that Ky looks like a straight punk with that ponytail, and I still have to try and play him.

I guess I was wrong about El using her bouquet as her main weapon. It's still possible it could be one of her specials or something since I imagine that not all of her normals/specials will use the rifle and shotgun.

I'm going to laugh if her IK involves her walking down the isle with her opponent.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Maybe there will be DLC that lets you always select no pony tail ky :lol

hIWAXqs.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Bridget is totally based on visual kei!
Ser, still metal!

There was a visual kei outfit that was a nun? I never seen an outfit like his before.

Isn't that stuff typically red/white/black toned as well.

You are just going for the "cross dressing" aspect of it arnt you :l

Edit: And just so people know what to expect in the future. The only characters that are relevant to the story right now that are missing are Dizzy, Johnny, and MAYBE testament

Infinite

There was a visual kei outfit that was a nun? I never seen an outfit like his before.

Edit: And just so people know what to expect in the future. The only characters that are relevant to the story right now that are missing are Dizzy, Johnny, and MAYBE testament

I seen visual kei dudes tha straight up wear dresses so there might be a nun dude out there.

Azure J

No chance for Baiken? :(

Rhapsody

Banned
So from I'm reading, I might be getting Rachel with Kokonoe as one character.

Her chocolate present sounds like Rachel frog and she has gravitons that will automatically detonate or something. SB Graviton is unblockable. I think I chose the right character.

Shouta

I just hope the new Chrono Phantasma update isn't a disc based released. Extended was such bullshit.

I want to know how Adachi plays, he's the new character I'm most excited to try.

His Command throw is cheating. FluxWaveZ has been playing and I got a few rounds in with him playing Adachi.

So Marie and Margaret are out to download?

Rhapsody

Banned
His Command throw is cheating. FluxWaveZ has been playing and I got a few rounds in with him playing Adachi.

So Marie and Margaret are out to download?

Marie's on disc DLC. Margaret is incomplete. But like past ASW games, it's possible Margaret could me updated on PSN a bit earlier and locked away until the release date.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm getting fucked when it comes to wanting samurais in my fightan.

Haha, don't worry they will probably add her in the next version, Baiken and Testament are the only non dead originals missing from the game right now.

I can imagine Johnny, Baiken, Testament, and Dizzy all making it into the next version with a new character or someone from GG2 converted over.

Sayad

No chance for Baiken? :(
Let's put it this way, we already got one pink hair female wearing a white dress with cleavage as a DLC character. What are the chances of getting another pink hair female wearing a white dress with cleavage as the other DLC character?

Issue here is IIRC you cannot purchase content on PSN unless your account is already linked to a console. So say I want to purchase a PS4 + Xrd down the line, but maybe not at release, something not uncommon at all during this console transition, I'm locked out.

You aren't locked out, you simply won't get the DLC for free. Which should be fine, since the DLC is being given free for people that choose to support the game from the start.

Like I mentioned before, if your objective is to discourage second hand sales, providing bonus content for new purchases is handled better and all bases are covered by including a key in physical copies or packaging the digital version with that content. Alternatively, ASW chose to manipulate the market probably because of Lostconfused's reason, and they don't expect the game to have legs. Can't rock with one pump publishers in 2014 that have that sort of outlook on game longevity.

I don't think Arc Sys, or any Japanese fighting game dev, care about second hand sales. Arcades seems to be their main focus, with the console market being secondary.

Fighting games are a niche inside the already niche hobby of playing video games, and the people that care about them are generally dedicated enough to buy the game when it first releases if they're going to buy it at all. Knowing that, there's no reason to concern yourself with legs; and the game's longevity shouldn't even be a question. Do you honestly think Arc isn't going to continue supporting the game?

Of all the reasons to be suspicious of or dissatisfied with Arc Sys, them giving away free stuff to people seems like an odd one to me.

You're being optimistic, that number is too high.

Apparently Injustice was getting horrendous numbers but they're trying to keep some type of NRS presence so they're adding MK9 this week and if IGAU doesn't improve they're gonna drop it.

So you are saying there is a chance.....

Injustice is making that iOS money I heard with that card game. People love those DC characters & card games.

Dahbomb

I don't see anything wrong with this DLC option.

Want the DLC for free? Get it day 1. Don't care about the DLC? Then wait for a sale or something.

It's actually good to see companies provide real incentives to buy games on day 1 outside of shitty pre-order bonuses or worse retailer exclusive ore order bonuses.

NEO0MJ

It's actually good to see companies provide real incentives to buy games on day 1 outside of shitty pre-order bonuses or worse retailer exclusive ore order bonuses.

I don't like it because finding niche games such as Blazblue and Persona is really hard here and they sell out pretty fast.

Top Bottom