• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Sin needed a nonhuman wife. Gotta keep that Gear blood from getting too thin ;)

Edit: Random weird advice that is really good: If you want to play fighting games seriously and you are just starting out, beat all the punch out games first.

It already looks like he's warming up to both of them based on the screens.

Wait, the pink haired girl is the same Ramlethal? Not a different Valentine? I didn't bother reading the scans.

dq8uJLE.jpg

Here's Eru/Elle who showed up in the latest batch of 4gamer shots.

And here's Sin chatting with Ramlethal, presumably after that bomb thing goes off from the arcade mode.

FSLink

Banned
Just picked up P4: Ultimax and UNIB off of JPN PSN.

Playing UNIB while waiting for P4U to finish downloading....so much fun! Liking the OST so far.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Pokken. I need a more solid grasp on the mechanics before I decide where I stand on it. I do love me some Pokemon, and I like the prospect of Pokemon turning into a fighting game. I do know of that Pokemon doujin fighter, but I never played it. When more news about Pokken is posted, anything regarding roster, actual videos of the game mechanics, and release dates for arcade, I will pay more attention to it.

Until then...it's P4A2 when it releases retail in US, DOA5: Final Round and KI Season 2 that has me the most hype right now. Oh, Smash 4 and MKX, too. I'm just waiting for more MKX news as time goes on(give me Baraka or give me death), but Smash 4 will make some fun mornings after work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If any of y'all are playing Destiny on 360, holla.

You should probably add the Dustloop Wiki
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Main_Page

For the lesser known titles.

Xrd will need a patch or Xrd 2 for my attention. Dry ass looking game right now even with Slayer and Venom being pretty solid.
This is exclusive to TTT2 and not a "general" thing but AAK's guide is very useful.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/5/the-beginners-guide-to-ttt2-by-aak-unit-1-basics.html
Yeah a lot of this seems like it's redundant considering the links to the sites at large just below, SRK wiki included. I'll throw the Tekken guide in there.

I like that. I would suggest adding some quality videos, though. Not sure if I've actually seen something nice on YouTube that covers fighting games in general, though.
Yeah, first thing that comes to mind for me is VesperArcade. Do they do trial guides for games besides SF?

Azure J

The coolest thing about this if it holds true is that it literally acts more like a successor to Smash 64's Z-Cancelling than Melee's L-Cancelling. There'll be some really silly things from this.

Please stay in the final build.

Edit: lol at some of the posts in that thread ( mainly just this one guy)

Raijinken? Yeah lololol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
She ain't no angel, that's for sure. Megalomania doesn't count, either. I think this much you agree with.

Well she's not super good or whatever, but she's is basically one of That Mans henchmen.

Basically it went like this

Ky died, Humans lost one of the greatest tacticians to ever live. Dizzy is born, Justice is still around, Justice is defeated, Dizzy not like seeing mommy die, Dizzy takes over as leader of the Gears. DIZZY FUCKING OWNS THE WORLD HARD. Poor May she gets fucking Gamma Ray'd.

I-no sees that everyone is getting owned by Dizzy, goes back in time, saves Ky and now we have our current plot.

Sayad

She's not a villian. Hell she saved the world.
Never felt like she was an actual villain, from the few characters story mode I played, it always seemed like she just enjoy missing around with people. I'm not too much into the story, though I remember her being frozen forever or something and thought that was her cannon ending! I just wouldn't mind seeing boss I-No again.

Well she's not super good or whatever, but she's is basically one of That Mans henchmen.

Basically it went like this

Ky died, Humans lost one of the greatest tacticians to ever live. Dizzy is born, Justice is still around, Justice is defeated, Dizzy not like seeing mommy die, Dizzy takes over as leader of the Gears. DIZZY FUCKING OWNS THE WORLD HARD. Poor May she gets fucking Gamma Ray'd.

I-no sees that everyone is getting owned by Dizzy, goes back in time, saves Ky and now we have our current plot.

All that is true. When she's acting on her own though, she definitely proves to be an unsavory individual. She might not be an outright villain, but she has no qualms using and manipulating people(Eddie), sending people back in time to kill them via time paradox(Sol), murder in general(Millia, and again Sol) and just in general being a big...troll, for lack of a better term. I mean, doesn't That Man punish her in one of her XX endings? I think he did by trapping her in some pocket dimension. I'm sure pretty much all of that isn't canon, but whatever. She's written as a bad apple.

Still, it's all those things above that make her an appealing character. I just can't consider her as one of the "good guys", even if most of GG's heroes are anti-heroes.

NEO0MJ

Odds are in our favor for a new console character besides Sin to be announced (at least that's what I believe)

I wouldn't be surprised if Sin is all we get. I mean, didn't Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena release with exactly the same roster as the arcade versions?

15 years would be too good.

Miura said about a year ago that Berserk was about 60% complete. That means roughly there are 200 more chapters planned. The current rate of chapter release for Berserk is 5 chapters per year on a GOOD year. Assuming Miura goes crazy and starts releasing a chapters at twice that rate that would STILL take him almost 20 years to complete Berserk.

I thought he said he planned for 50 volumes?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm one more character and arc's recent "add 3-4 console characters" it seems to be doing often now will be completed

RocBase

Guilty Gear character design is becoming shittier and shittier.

for real, tbh im really not looking forward to seeing future new character designs. just by the design alone she looks like the kind of character that hosts some of my most hated anime tropes. i will just lose it if she has a scumbag playstyle to boot

idk what it is about arcsys games that i flatout can't stand to look at certain characters, enough so that it keeps me from touching the game itself. don't have this problem anywhere else (and there are some weird ass designs out there lol)

I honestly dont see what's so bad. Looks GG to me

You should watch some guilty gear arts again because it's leagues from what Guilty Gear designs looked like. Most of the GG arts was defined by simplicity and efficiency and a lack of too much details. Characters were muscular but rangy. Details like belts were very thin and looked like metal culture wristband and no anime belts. If you had anime tropes, most of them were often creepy or reversed.
They transformed it to a new style for Xrd were everyone is muscular/full of useless details that ruins readability. Even a simple nonconformist character like Sol is now a cocky anime bounty hunter shit with giant belts. Can't say it's Xrd fault since it started with Guilty Gear 2 where Ishiwatari joined the stupid "more is better" shitty rule you find in many arts now.

This girl has rabbit ears, clover on the rabbit ears, spikes on a headband in front of rabbit ears, a kind a bridal veil, spikes on the shoulder, straps going down from her ears, a lolita dress, belts on the dress, chains on the dress, belts on the arms, spikes on the gloves, and for some reason a bouquet of roses attached on the dress. Did I mention than even the spikes on the shoulders also has ribbons on it? é__è

Don't tell me this level of details is Guilty Gear. It's not Guilty Gear at all, it's just anime fan galore for cosplayers like BlazBlue was. I didn't like BlazBlue because of this and I tend to dislike more and more Xrd for this reason and it makes me sad as it was the series that made me play fighting games.

Zissou

You should watch some guilty gear arts again because it's leagues from what Guilty Gear designs looked like. Most of the GG arts was defined by simplicity and efficiency and a lack of too much details. Characters were muscular but rangy. Details like belts were very thin and looked like metal culture wristband and no anime belts. If you had anime tropes, most of them were often creepy or reversed.
They transformed it to a new style for Xrd were everyone is muscular/full of useless details that ruins readability. Even a simple nonconformist character like Sol is now a cocky anime bounty hunter shit with giant belts. Can't say it's Xrd fault since it started with Guilty Gear 2 where Ishiwatari joined the stupid "more is better" shitty rule you find in many arts now.

This girl has rabbit ears, clover on the rabbit ears, spikes on a headband in front of rabbit ears, a kind a bridal veil, spikes on the shoulder, straps going down from her ears, a lolita dress, belts on the dress, chains on the dress, belts on the arms, spikes on the gloves, and for some reason a bouquet of roses attached on the dress. Did I mention than even the spikes on the shoulders also has ribbons on it? é__è

Don't tell me this level of details is Guilty Gear. It's not Guilty Gear at all, it's just anime fan galore for cosplayers like BlazBlue was. I didn't like BlazBlue because of this and I tend to dislike more and more Xrd for this reason and it makes me sad as it was the series that made me play fighting games.

As someone looking to pick up the series with Xrd, it makes me sad that this post is filled with so much truth. I've been looking forward to going in on the console version of Xrd, thinking, "It's like BB but with good character designs!" Now the best you can hope is more OG characters returning w/o getting too fucked up looking in the transition...

With as little snark intended, are Blazblue character designs supposed to be a satire or something

It's hard to define to be honest. Some characters like Platinum, once you see them ingame, you realize devs are doing it so way over the top they can't be serious about it. But at the same time what can be seen as irony/satire can also be enjoyed completly for what it is.
So it's very hard to say that BB is ironic or satire since many characters are this way, covering both the needs of a certain segment of fans while being cliché for other people in a ironic way. That's what proves the balance in BB character design is great, even if you don't like it.

IDK a lot of people like to use "its a satire/parody" when it comes to explaining anime, secure in their attraction to squirrel girls and waifus cuz they're "in" on the joke

Kimosabae

Banned
I agree with Thomas. New Guilty designs are crap relative to the older games. I didn't actually consider it too much until he said something.

IDK a lot of people like to use "its a satire/parody" when it comes to explaining anime, secure in their attraction to squirrel girls and waifus cuz they're "in" on the joke

hmm... is this a more succinct madp post?

Top Bottom