• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

M3LnjEa.gif

NEO0MJ

Same goes for practically every character trait. It's a really shitty design that always hurts more than it helps.

Yeah. According to Osu 16 Bit it's intentional game design by the team. But like you said it seems to hurt some characters disproportionately worse than others.

sinkfla87

Not just that, it hurts a lot of characters because it removes their character trait/resets it.

If Black Canary is just 0.25 sec away from her trait charging up to level 3, it'll get knocked right down to the beginning of level 2 once the clash ends.

If Bane just used his venom, then the venom will be gone by the time the clash ends and it's in recovery mode where Bane takes more damage.

Same goes for practically every character trait. It's a really shitty design that always hurts more than it helps.

Yeah it's pretty shitty. Two tournaments in a row with virtually the same top 8 characters should be a clear indicator to NRS that something is broken. That something is Black Adam lol. Madzin didn't play like himself, and why the fuck didn't he change characters?! Same with Dragon just now. It's like people enjoy letting SF body them.

I was relieved to see that the "Clash" in DBZ was just a KOF-esque reset to neutral between rounds.
Ahh neutral. I love me some good ol' neutral.

Yeah. According to Osu 16 Bit it's intentional game design by the team. But like you said it seems to hurt some characters disproportionately worse than others.
It really fucks Bane over in particular, since it's entirely possible to use your level 3 venom with the intention of getting damage then suddenly getting none, reset back to neutral/get knocked back and then have the full level 3 bane recovery active so you can't even take the risk of getting back in again until it clears. Against a zoner or against a character that can do insane burst damage, it's the closest thing to a death sentence.

Yeah it's pretty shitty. Two tournaments in a row with virtually the same top 8 characters should be a clear indicator to NRS that something is broken. That something is Black Adam lol. Madzin didn't play like himself, and why the fuck didn't he change characters?! Same with Dragon just now. It's like people enjoy letting SF body them.

I wouldn't say it's indicative of something being broken, just people sticking with characters that are proven winners since they're attending tournaments.

Dahbomb

Apparently Punk picked up stick to play for Marvel Infinite. It's not even for SFV.

The long game. True entertainer.

MrCarter

While i love the game, It have the worst balance i have ever seen in a fighting game.
People even mentioned how it had the same balance problems from Inj1, how the fuck do you repeat the same mistakes twice.

I haven't been following the game much but I thought they fixed most of that from Inj1? Typical NRS.

NEO0MJ

Sonic Fox just playing with his food, it must feel awkward to know he is not taking you seriously.

I still appreciate his willingness to take a risk in order to entertain the crowd, even if like you said it's at the cost of his opponent's dignity.

Top Bottom