• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's an amazing show, I think you'll enjoy it.

As for the figure, I haven't pre-ordered her yet since I'm kind of waiting to see what else is unveiled at WonderFes. Given the popularity of the show, I'm sure many manufacturers will have versions of their own, and I know GSC is already planning on making one. Ideally, I'd like to see Alter do one, but I don't think that will happen. But there's always hope!

It's Phat Company, so pre-orders shouldn't sell out too quickly. Even popular releases from Alter were made available for several months after the pre-order date. It's really only Kotobukiya and Megahouse [One Piece] you need to worry about pre-orders selling out instantly, as well as figma's and such from Max Factory.

She does look nice, though, and the price is definitely low enough to where I wouldn't feel bad about owning her even if I were to purchase another. We'll see.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. If I see another version that wows me, I might cancel this order. It's from AmiAmi, but I don't think they'd create a huge stink about it considering the purchases I've been making from them lately.

Rootbeer

Banned
Luigi and Toon Link will be mine! Luigi looking fantastic. The Nendo size/style fits nintendo characters so very well.

Mario better not be far behind. Kirby would also be a fantastic fit.

chrono01

Hmm, I didn't think about that. If I see another version that wows me, I might cancel this order. It's from AmiAmi, but I don't think they'd create a huge stink about it considering the purchases I've been making from them lately.
You should be fine.

As long as you purchase a lot from AmiAmi, and cancel in moderation [as well as give a good excuse for doing so], I can't see them closing your account. I've cancelled a decent amount of figures in the past few years I've been with them and I've been fine. But then, I do purchase around $400+ per month [on average, sometimes more than that], so that might contribute slightly.

Either way, I'm sure this will be a great figure and, given how much I love the show, I'll probably pre-order It anyway as well as anything else [that's of great quality] from the other manufacturers. If Alter does one, it's a definite buy.

Edit - It seems as though GSC hasn't announced a Kill la Kill figure yet [I originally thought they had]. I'm sure something will come at WonderFes, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

You should be fine.

As long as you purchase a lot from AmiAmi, and cancel in moderation [as well as give a good excuse for doing so], I can't see them closing your account. I've cancelled a decent amount of figures in the past few years I've been with them and I've been fine. But then, I do purchase around $400+ per month [on average, sometimes more than that], so that might contribute slightly.

Either way, I'm sure this will be a great figure and, given how much I love the show, I'll probably pre-order It anyway as well as anything else [that's of great quality] from the other manufacturers. If Alter does one, it's a definite buy.

Edit - It seems as though GSC hasn't announced a Kill la Kill figure yet [I originally thought they had]. I'm sure something will come at WonderFes, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I think were gonna get a million Kill la Kill figures. If TTGL is anything to go by..

george_us

I think were gonna get a million Kill la Kill figures. If TTGL is anything to go by..
I could see myself having a shelf of nothing but shelf of nothing but KLK figures. Satsuki-Junkestu version, the Elite Four, Mako; so many possibilities. I'd pay a high price for a figure of Mako's family in that sweet truck.

WZXYg87.jpg

This kinda interests me if it wasn't over 11k yen >_>

StayDead

Well I opened up my Idolm@ster Cindarella Girls stage set today and rearranged my desk to fit it on but here's a picture of all of them in their "live" outfits together.

Also had an issue since my Elsie scale figure I've had for ages has finally decided it's had enough and snapped off it's base. Made a make-shift base with my iPhone 3GS box but it's still kinda dissapointing.

11555304566_d94ce5d6a4_z.jpg

(sorry for the awful lighting on this below picture, it was with my Flash on my camera)

11555305256_2b1ec14482_z.jpg

Also had an issue since my Elsie scale figure I've had for ages has finally decided it's had enough and snapped off it's base. Made a make-shift base with my iPhone 3GS box but it's still kinda dissapointing.

The pegs snapped off? =/. Its a MF figure too and not even that old (late 2011).

Bombless

EMS for all 3 would had prolly cost more than 2k yen, but the price is 1k lower on Amiami so you probably lost a couple thousand yens, not more.

StayDead

The pegs snapped off? =/. Its a MF figure too and not even that old (late 2011).

It's kind of weird and I can't explain how it happened but about 3 months ago when I went to move her (I did it gently) one of the pegs holding her to the base snapped in half but somehow it did it in a way that I could basically attach her back to it and she'd be balanced.

Today the same thing happened with the other one but the majority of it broke off with the figure when I was putting her back on gently to balance her after I moved my desk around. I'll be able to fix it eventually I imagine but for now my make-shift stand should be fine.

It's kind of weird and I can't explain how it happened but about 3 months ago when I went to move her (I did it gently) one of the pegs holding her to the base snapped in half but somehow it did it in a way that I could basically attach her back to it and she'd be balanced.

Today the same thing happened with the other one but the majority of it broke off with the figure when I was putting her back on gently to balance her after I moved my desk around. I'll be able to fix it eventually I imagine but for now my make-shift stand should be fine.

sounds like it was angle in the way that the material of the peg could not support the lean. blehhh.

I always worry about peg issues now since leaning isn't an issue anymore. Thankfully the strike witches figures all have metal pegs. I just have to worry about 1) lean due to poses and 2) base.

edit
so my dec order issssss
Grand total: 62,230 JPY

Rootbeer

Banned
Luigi up for order! Got mine. Really looking forward to Link the most though.

Hope these do well so we can get a lot more Nintendo characters in this line.

For those that missed this old news, here's some concept art for Luigi and the upcoming Link:

WonFest2013SNintendoNendoroidsHeader.jpg

For those that missed this old news, here's some concept art for Luigi and the upcoming Link:

Toon Link shall be mine!!!

LiK

Thanks, ordered with Nendo Iron Patriot!

The concept and final figure looks amazingly great. I hope toon Link final figure is as accurate as that concept as well.

Arcadia WonFes tease:

V25qG9u.jpg

The right is the Elin Berserker, which is presumably a PVC of this GK:

alfKrmX.jpg

The left is Lucier from 7th Dragon 2020 2:

CfZ4tRE.png

---------

Pretty excited for Christmas Melty after seeing the finished pictures.

Sushigod7

Had no idea this was actually coming! Nice will order Luigi now for sure.

Bombless

Arcadia WonFes tease:
---------

YES! Finally a PVC ver of that Elin! I'll be getting her for sure.

Edit : Grabbed Iron Patriot and Ryuko. I miiiight consider Saber Bride. It would be my first Saber ever, and she's interesting enough.

I got Yamato Gwendolyn for Xmas plus the Double Chaser (motorcycle) S.H Figuarts from Tiger and Bunny to go with the 2 figures. Keeping them in packaging for now since I'm moving into a house in 2 weeks; I plan on getting 2 Detolfs and I'll post some pictures here. Was hoping for Vertex Mitsuru but I might just get that on my own; will watch for sales.

So I was on MFC just to double check bootleg info and I can't really find it, is there a specific page or list I need to go to? I was pulling up specific figures to see if it was listed on the main page but I can't find anything.

johnsmith

remember me
Arcadia WonFes tease:

---------

I'd rather have the 7th Dragon figures remain exclusive to Max Factory since they do such a good job but Yamato/Arcadia do very good work too so I have high hopes for this one. Also I don't really like the face on this Elin as much as their last one, but this one is less lolitastic, so I'm interested in seeing what the PVC version looks like.

I used to be really into figures but I've only bought two so far this year. They kinda just stopped making good scale versions of characters I like enough to buy, sadly.

Fuck yes. You have Koto Squid Girl. You're officially awesome.

I think she's one of my favorite figures, and also one of the cheapest I've purchased.

Just paid for my Noel and Lucifer. Just how big is Lucifer anyway? The only shipping options were SAL parcel and EMS, with SAL being 5100 and EMS being 5400...

I went EMS, of course, but I'm afraid of the coffin they'll be sending me as my MU/Ling/Elizabeth order didn't cost that much to mail out.

Now, only three figures outstanding and I think I'm done for a while; I really need to start saving money and/or find a new job.

Now, only three figures outstanding and I think I'm done for a while; I really need to start saving money and/or find a new job.

I'd wait to see how this Obamacare thing pans out first. You don't wanna get stuck without insurance. If you get a new job and then everything goes to hell, you know how it is... last one in, first one out.

Tohsaka

Fuck yes. You have Koto Squid Girl. You're officially awesome.

I think she's one of my favorite figures, and also one of the cheapest I've purchased.

Thanks, and yeah I was surprised how good the quality of her was. I'd love a good scale figure of Yukko from Nichijou, Kuuko from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Mayaka from Hyouka, Nero from Milky Holmes and a few others but I haven't seen any that I thought were worth getting. I mostly stick to GSC, Alter and Kotobukiya.

Tohsaka

I'm pretty sure the lack of Max Factory constitutes a crime in most places.

Yeah they tend to be good as well, I just haven't gotten too many from them. I'd like to get back into the hobby but there just haven't been many figures coming out that I want enough to buy, unfortunately.

So what excuses do you guys use when canceling with amiami?

Once I told them I couldn't afford it, and the second time I just forgot to say anything and they still let me order from them several times after that. Probably because I had spent so much at their site in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom