• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up at the usual dealers. 7200 at Amiami, 7300 at HobbySearch.

Yeah, I figured it out. For some reason I thought it was a GSC shop exclusive or something. Derp derp derp. I blame the sudden excitement overload from seeing her completed. Though I was a bit turned off at first when I heard the figure(s?) would be based on the kamui overdrive mode. I was hoping for a figure of Satsuki in her regular Student Council President uniform. But these would probably end up better for display.

In other news, Santa brought me a bishoujo Jean Grey. Yessssssss!

Ban Puncher

AmiAmi just sent me a payment confirmation for Bayonetta.

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

Bombless

Yeah, I figured it out. For some reason I thought it was a GSC shop exclusive or something. Derp derp derp. I blame the sudden excitement overload from seeing her completed. Though I was a bit turned off at first when I heard the figure(s?) would be based on the kamui overdrive mode. I was hoping for a figure of Satsuki in her regular Student Council President uniform. But these would probably end up better for display.

In other news, Santa brought me a bishoujo Jean Grey. Yessssssss!

I'm pretty sure school clothes Ryuko/Satsuki are coming. It's just that the battle versions have priority. My only fear is...well...Phat themselves. Bayonetta left some serious scars in my mind.

Giolon

Well, I ordered Ryuuko from AmiAmi based on my love of the show, and I almost immediately regret it.

I mean I like the figure, but I think it doesn't reach my usual standard of "If I miss out on this figure, I'll be incredibly sad." Maybe I'll feel better about it later.

Bombless

I want her, but I'm at work. I'll give it until later this morning once I get to mom's place for Christmas to see how the orders go. I suspect (hope) it won't sell out.

I mean I like the figure, but I think it doesn't reach my usual standard of "If I miss out on this figure, I'll be incredibly sad." Maybe I'll feel better about it later.

I hear you. But I love the show, and I'm instituting a policy where I don't buy figures from source material I'm not familiar with.

gokieks

Went ahead and pre-ordered Sakuya, because between the Tony Taka character design, the lovely (mostly) white dress, and the wings (oh god, the wings), she's just about everything I would ask for in a figure.

Plus, I justified the cost to myself for it being in May so I can count it as a birthday gift to myself (assuming no delays).

As for Persona 4 figures... I really wish there was a better option for Yukiko. Not a fan of the pose on the Alter one, and the MegaHouse one is, well, you know.

johnsmith

remember me
Thoughts and musings after looking over the new scans:

• Sorceress looks pretty great. I bet johnsmith regrets ordering that Alphamax version, now. Tempted to get Amazon as well.

I regret nothing. I always knew I was going to bet both. And I'll even triple dip if Orchid Seed ever actually releases theirs.

Bombless

Man, I like her, and I've been waiting on her all year, but now that the time has come I can't help but feel like some of the hype has dispersed and I'm wondering if the $150 price will be worth it.

I have no doubt about her worth. And at the rate this is going there won't be another great Bayonetta for a very long time.

Bombless

Question.... Why do you like Sorceress so much? Is it the boobs? It's the boobs, right?

Johnsmith-san is a person of taste, unlike you! (I'm in for both Kamitani's art and the boobs)

I still hope to hear of Orchid's version before MH opens preorders for 00pai-sama however. More choice is never a bad thing.

Giolon

Question.... Why do you like Sorceress so much? Is it the boobs? It's the boobs, right?

I love George Kamitani's art.

Ditto - but I only really like the figures to the degree that they match the art - which is why I didn't dig the liberties taken with the AlphaMax version of the Sorceress. Kamitani is one of my top favorite artists, and I love seeing his art translated faithfully to 3D.

I've got Alter Gwendolyn, Yamato/Arcadia Velvet, Momohime and Kongiku. I didn't like the Yamato Gwendolyn - the face wasn't right. And Mercedes I've never been as big a fan of b/c the loli factor, especially in her figures, is too high.

I still hold out hope that we'll get a Yuzuruha figure. I'd love Raijin to get one, but I know there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

george_us

AmiAmi just sent me a payment confirmation for Bayonetta.

http://i.minus.com/iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]
*high five*

Shipping is a little more than I thought it'd be though at 4280 Yen! Grand total is 14770.

[quote="Bombless, post: 94731547"][url]http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4168/Ryuko+Matoi+Kamui+Senketsu+Ver.html[/url]

ItsHappening.gif[/QUOTE]
Holyshitholyshitholyshit day one-ing the fuck out out of that!

I might have to hold off on a couple of Bishoujos next year. Too many other figures I want.

Thoughts and musings after looking over the new scans:

• Sorceress looks pretty great. I bet johnsmith regrets ordering that Alphamax version, now. Tempted to get Amazon as well.
  • Inshun? You mean they're finally getting around to making Dark Samurai figures?! YESSSSSSS
  • The new Noel figure looks pretty good. And she doesn't have any freakish ankles! BTW, who makes her?
  • Kobato repaint? Ugh. Why? The black dress of the original version is the one she wore on the show. Koto, are you guys going to turn into some double-dipping cunts, now?
  • Man, there's no end to these seven sins figures. REEEAALLY glad I never started with them. Swimsuit Lucifer will be my one and only... Unless I cancel her! HA!
  • Still not digging that Erza Scarlet. I like the original artwork, but there's definitely something off about the way those swords are being held.
  • And in case I failed to mention ~ Dark Samurai girls figures?! YESSSSSS
I don't like that Erza. Her pose is weird and her face looks like she is being pleasures. I need somwthing tasteful to go with my Lucy.

I am so mad about that Erza. I need an Erza but it has to be better than that.
I dont know why they cant do it. Lucy was pulled off correctly. I dont want Erza in a swimsuit and I don't want her in oddly suggestive poses. Fairy Tail is getting shafted and makes Mashima sad....

Wow, asked Hobby Search for a day or two extension on my payment for Figma Okabe since I got the notice late yesterday and with banks closed today I could be cutting it close on their 3 day rule.
Well got and email back and they gave me an extra week and a half.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I pre-ordered Ryuko without having seen Kill La Kill, just based on my assumption that I'll like the show when I get around to watching it.

chrono01

I pre-ordered Ryuko without having seen Kill La Kill, just based on my assumption that I'll like the show when I get around to watching it.
It's an amazing show, I think you'll enjoy it.

As for the figure, I haven't pre-ordered her yet since I'm kind of waiting to see what else is unveiled at WonderFes. Given the popularity of the show, I'm sure many manufacturers will have versions of their own, and I know GSC is already planning on making one. Ideally, I'd like to see Alter do one, but I don't think that will happen. But there's always hope!

It's Phat Company, so pre-orders shouldn't sell out too quickly. Even popular releases from Alter were made available for several months after the pre-order date. It's really only Kotobukiya and Megahouse [One Piece] you need to worry about pre-orders selling out instantly, as well as figma's and such from Max Factory.

She does look nice, though, and the price is definitely low enough to where I wouldn't feel bad about owning her even if I were to purchase another. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom