• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get the chance, friend.

If he's like Rex, Ray's sold for 24 hours only. You've got 11 hours left or so to scrounge up the cash.

I've got to wait until he pops up on BBTS anyway, looks like Bambaland only does Paypal/Cash.

I did the same with REX, preordered right when he went up on BBTS, didn't have the money but that didn't matter since he didn't ship for 10 months anyway. Looks like I have a similar timeframe with RAY.

I've got to wait until he pops up on BBTS anyway, looks like Bambaland only does Paypal/Cash.

I did the same with REX, preordered right when he went up on BBTS, didn't have the money but that didn't matter since he didn't ship for 10 months anyway. Looks like I have a similar timeframe with RAY.

This is a fair point.

My decision is tougher since Bambaland does free worldwide shipping when this thing would cost 80 to 100 bucks to get to Canada anyway.

Alas.

I'm still strongly considering those Sora and Riku figures coming out in Jan. I know they are PA though and don't want to pay such money for disappointment. Sora's face sculpt doesn't bother me as much as it did at first (hoping that they improved it since the figs were delayed but that probably never happens)

Think you would be okay with Kingdom Heart PA figures tbf, I think it's just Play-arts kai figure that tends to have the bigger problem are the one aiming to have a "realistic" look from that image, don't know why they love applying that gloss.

I thought Junko still looked great despite the hair, until I saw that her eyes were completely different from the prototype. They're too circular now which is worse.

Also, BiJ sure is taking their time with my QuesQ Elizabeth order. She was released like 3 days ago.
I got my payment request so I'm guessing you should as well?

So did they fix Chun Li's face? Haven't been paying attention =/
FIGURE-003659_08.jpg

Surprised Amiami sold out on the Chun Li preorders as well

Merry Christmas Figure-GAF, may your wallets never empty and your collection ever grow.

Happy Toy Day according to Animal Crossing ;P
Yep wish you all a Merry Christmas =)

Yup! Merry Christmas all! I will be slowing down my collection and start selling some off in the new year. I'll also be ordering a 3D printer and hopefully start making my own figures :D

I've ordered Ray. I actually have room for it in my room. Unlike the massive 89 Batmobile I have no space for whatsoever...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Yup! Merry Christmas all! I will be slowing down my collection and start selling some off in the new year. I'll also be ordering a 3D printer and hopefully start making my own figures :D

I've ordered Ray. I actually have room for it in my room. Unlike the massive 89 Batmobile I have no space for whatsoever...

I'll also be selling some stuff next year. Now my display is fully built I can easily see what doesn't fit or look as good in the display as I thought it would etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you print, your 3D work is awesome.

orchid seed (nsfw) panty will be readly for po tomorrow.. Kinda exciteddddddd

And she comes with variant arms for that gun pose, which I don't think was shown before. Pretty cool if you want a more SFW pose, provided you don't turn her around :p

Most complaints seem to be about her face, but to me it seems more detailed and expressive than the majority of figures and retains the 2D artwork feel in 3D really well. Pretty unique overall.

Giolon

Scans are out for MegaHouse's Sorceress. She came out really well IMO. her boobs aren't as huge as I expected/feared, especially after the AlphaMax monstrosities. They're still huge, but more just anime huge, rather than ROFLMAO-no way-they-went-there obscenely huge.

Her face is a little on the plump side, but if an deal. Those sculpt details in her hair and corset are fantastic.

i might be selling some stuff to make up room as well but gotta see.

I want the new hyakka alter figure. I want the rest of the strike witches line. The rest of the seven sins minus mammon and asmo. Also some alphamax figs. ... 2014 is going to break my wallet again

george_us

Wow the Sorceress really does look great. 2014 is gonna be expensive for me!

And Merry Christmas to all of Figure-GAF! Hope you guys get some sweet figures for Christmas!

Woo, EMS came through and got my AmiAmi package today.

Came with Nendoroids for Monokuma, MonHun Male Swordsman and Makoto Naegi.

I guess Christmas morning will be spent assembling these.

Thoughts and musings after looking over the new scans:

• Sorceress looks pretty great. I bet johnsmith regrets ordering that Alphamax version, now. Tempted to get Amazon as well.
  • Inshun? You mean they're finally getting around to making Dark Samurai figures?! YESSSSSSS
  • The new Noel figure looks pretty good. And she doesn't have any freakish ankles! BTW, who makes her?
  • Kobato repaint? Ugh. Why? The black dress of the original version is the one she wore on the show. Koto, are you guys going to turn into some double-dipping cunts, now?
  • Man, there's no end to these seven sins figures. REEEAALLY glad I never started with them. Swimsuit Lucifer will be my one and only... Unless I cancel her! HA!
  • Still not digging that Erza Scarlet. I like the original artwork, but there's definitely something off about the way those swords are being held.
  • And in case I failed to mention ~ Dark Samurai girls figures?! YESSSSSS

chrono01

I'm definitely pre-ordering Panty. I don't understand why so many are having issues with her face, it's incredibly unique [IMO] and the depth adds a lot to it. It also resembles the official artwork, I really don't see how they could have done it any better.

As for the scans:

- Seven Deadly Sins continue to destroy my wallet. There is no stopping it.
- Sorceress from Megahouse looks great. I was originally going to wait for Orchid Seed, but I might pick up this version instead along with Amazon [and Elf, who I already have pre-ordered].
- Cerberus from Max Factory looks great.
- Re-release of Liliana from Queens Blade? I might purchase this one this time...
- Noel from Amakuni [Freezasaurus, this is the answer you were seeking]? YES! No tight shirt/nipple here, and the leg doesn't seem to be broken. It's already an improvement over Vertex.
- Bride Saber and Kamishiro Kotone will be mine.
- Shimakaze from Amakuni looks nice, but I'll likely wait for GSC.

- Sorceress from Megahouse looks great. I was originally going to wait for Orchid Seed, but I might pick up this version instead along with Amazon [and Elf, who I already have pre-ordered].

See, I wanna get them all, but I'm nervous about whether DC is going to be one of the franchises that MegaHouse does well with the final product on....or not. I'm totally excited for new Samurai Girls figures, though. Jubei needs more friends!

chrono01

See, I wanna get them all, but I'm nervous about whether DC is going to be one of the franchises that MegaHouse does well with the final product on....or not. I'm totally excited for new Samurai Girls figures, though. Jubei needs more friends!
Yeah, the character design for Samurai Girls is great. It's no surprise there, since this is Nishii we're talking about. I'll pick up the Alter release of Inshun Houzouin, but pass on the others. I'm collecting the Alter scales, so to have anything different would seem strange. Well, that and I trust their quality.

As for Dragon's Crown, if Megahouse messes up the production of these I might wash my hands of them. Completely. It's one of those things where you have to either take the risk and pre-order ahead of time, or wait until release and hope that they're still in-stock somewhere. For me, personally, I'd rather not take the gamble, which is why I'm pre-ordering.

I have faith that they'll come out well, though. Overall, I've been happy with the quality of control from Megahouse, although as I've stated before, I only collect the One Piece/Queen's Blade figures. The price for Elf is on the high-end, so I'm hoping that means they'll give her the attention she deserves.

I'll pick up the Alter release of Inshun Houzouin, but pass on the others. I'm collecting the Alter scales, so to have anything different would seem strange. Well, that and I trust their quality.

See, I think I'd end up buying all of the Dark Samurai if Alter makes them... I don't see why they wouldn't make all 4. I'd especially be interested to see what Alter came up with for Araki Mataemon. Because her limbs were able to extend via chains, if you remember the series. Alter could do something truly sick with that.

As for Dragon's Crown, if Megahouse messes up the production of these I might wash my hands of them. Completely. It's one of those things where you have to either take the risk and pre-order ahead of time, or wait until release and hope that they're still in-stock somewhere. For me, personally, I'd rather not take the gamble, which is why I'm pre-ordering.

MegaHouse just has so many figures in production I want, but I'm nervous as to how they'll turn out. Utena in particular, since we're unlikely to get another figure of her from anyone else.

- Shimakaze from Amakuni looks nice, but I'll likely wait for GSC.

OMG, I didn't even realize this was a PVC. Thought she was another figma. I definitely want to grab one. The Ques Q one looks pretty cute. But if GSC is making one, that'll probably be the one to get.

Ryuuroden

Sakuya ( サクヤ ) Mode: Seraphim: 15,800 yen.........Still GETTING

Too classy not to get.

Edit: scheduled for May 2014

Sakuya ( サクヤ ) Mode: Seraphim: 15,800 yen.........Still GETTING

Too classy not to get.

Edit: scheduled for May 2014

Ugh. My May is fucked as it is. Gotta cancel some shit. Sakuya is a maybe if I can free up enough of my figure budget. Is there a final painted shot of her anywhere?

Ugh. Looks like she's another that would need a whole detolf shelf to herself.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, fuck it. Not doing it. No way. The source-material-familiarity rule is now in effect.

kewlmyc

The girl with the lance in the scans is cute. She's from Samurai Brides (Samurai Girls season 2) right? She's the embodiment of everything I said I wouldn't buy figures for (major panty shots, not familiar with the character), but it sure is tempting. Who is making her? Also is the second season any good?

The girl with the lance in the scans is cute. She's from Samurai Brides (Samurai Girls season 2) right? She's the embodiment of everything I said I wouldn't buy figures for (major panty shots, not familiar with the character), but it sure is tempting. Who is making her? Also is the second season any good?

The scan says Alter are making her. Sculptor is Akatsuki (did ToV Raven). Makes sense considering the popularity of the Samurai Girls line.

Edit: she looks great actually. The scarf, polearm and hair ornament are really nice. The default pose might hide the panty shot like Naoe if we're lucky.

She's one of the four Dark Samurai from season two. This one in particular is being made by Alter. Another figure in the same batch of scans (the one with the really wide sword, made by Kaitendoh) is another of the Dark Samurai from season 2, but I'll hold out hope that Alter makes their own versions of all four.

As for the second season of the anime - it was alright. It got a bit silly toward the end. The characters were easiily the best part of the show.

kewlmyc

The scan says Alter are making her. Sculptor is Akatsuki (did ToV Raven). Makes sense considering the popularity of the Samurai Girls line.

Edit: she looks great actually. The scarf, polearm and hair ornament are really nice. The default pose might hide the panty shot like Naoe if we're lucky.

She's one of the four Dark Samurai from season two. This one in particular is being made by Alter. Another figure in the same batch of scans (the one with the really wide sword, made by Kaitendoh) is another of the Dark Samurai from season 2, but I'll hold out hope that Alter makes their own versions of all four.

As for the second season of the anime - it was alright. It got a bit silly toward the end. The characters were easiily the best part of the show.
The character design is super cute, never felt this way about a random figure before. Not even Naoe who I thought was super cute/funny. Might go watch the second season now.

kewlmyc

But mostly too much monies.

In other news, I think I'm gonna pass on that bishoujo Cammy. The likeness is accurate, but I'm just not in love with it. I'm really hoping Juri looks amazing, though.
Looking forward to Juri, not expecting much, at least in the face department.

Giolon

I thought Satsuki was the one with the boob window?

Correct. It was a bad follow-on comment. I should have placed it earlier. Satsuki's Dat Ass. The boob window's not bad either. I really dig the design of Satsuki's Kamui, both synchronized and regular, better than Ryuko's.

Bombless

Decapitation mode or bust. The extra scissor blade makes the figure look weird.

Also, as pointed out by Plastikitty, given the name given to the figure there's bound to be more Ryukos on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom