• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BULLSHIT, how dare you ignore me >.< lol, shes up there with Jeanne D'Arc which no one else here does care about as the most awesome looking figures from the show.

Yes! The Himeji Castle fanbase is growing!

Also, I've been meaning to take a look at the Jeanne D'Arc since people keep mentioning her...

Wowowowowow. That's a nice piece, also big. That looks like it's going to cost some dollars. Here come the $15k figures.

I have the feeling something is wrong with Maras face on the Wonderfest. I thought it is only the compressed image from Kotobukiya but this isn't looking very good either:

Nah, I think it's just the lighting. It's been an issue with a few pieces at the show. GSC Mikasa especially.

Bombless

Yes! The Himeji Castle fanbase is growing!

Also, I've been meaning to take a look at the Jeanne D'Arc since people keep mentioning her...

Wowowowowow. That's a nice piece, also big. That looks like it's going to cost some dollars. Here come the $15k figures.

If the paintjob is right Jeanne d'Arc will be a centerpiece the likes of Love is War DX. 20k JPY here we come.

Not seeing it on mfc. Do you have a link? I'm just seeing gks.

BgAk-b8CAAAMRkF.jpg

On the right, not in focus sadly.

Not sure if it's the same one as gks. I actually don't see this one on MFC either.

My Momo came today. I only got a picture of the box though since by the time I got her out it was dark and the lighting in my room is bad. NSFW I guess.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7386/12438816035_380d82a9ce_z.jpg

Nakama!

Next up: Kurosaki Mea (NSFW)

Oh man, I always wanted a James! Hope he comes with a pillow.

Also, as much as I wanted this figure something puts me off from wanting to buy it...

Seriously puts me off. I'll wait for it to get painted, but eh.

Yeah, outside of her hair she doesn't look great unpainted like Miki does:

IzaKQp1.jpg

Maybe it's me but I sorta prefer certain figures unpainted. They look so good.

It's you.

But no, what I think it is is that when a figure is unpainted, there's still hope. Once a figure is painted, it's either a masterpiece, or a horrendous piece of shit. But if it's unpainted, there's still a chance for it to be great.

I think I might go for the Eren from Koto and hope the GSC one also looks good. Eren looks so good each time I look at it in the better images people keep adding. Brave-act pose is too serious and dull.

Holy damn at that fem jason totally I will consider buy the figure at some point but the pants/pantie effect is kinda exagerated.

Fem freedie is way to far out of character its looks like a blonde girl is cosplaying freedie, I know they like to use sexualized figures not burn wounds or burn clothes?

Fem freedie is way to far out of character its looks like a blonde girl is cosplaying freedie, I know they like to use sexualized figures not burn wounds or burn clothes?

Shunya doesn't like his girls damaged. It's the same attitude car manufacturers have toward the idea of car-damage in Gran Turismo.

LosDaddie

Banned
RE: Lewd Figure Display Discussion

I view lewd figures the same as having those (non-nude) Playboy playmate posters you can buy at the mall. Sure, they're artistic & nice to look at, but not something I'd have proudly displayed in my house. Maybe, maybe if I were still in my bachelor days, but not now that I have a family & such.

But hey, fly that flag high, guys. Be proud of your collections.

Anyway, Hot Toys-GAF:

Anybody else get their Man of Steel Superman yet? I think he may be my favorite HT figure yet ( I also have the Avengers Hulk and Iron Man mk7). Fantastic work by HT.

I picked one up for myself, and one for my bro for this b-day. Can't wait to see his reaction when he opens it.

EDIT: Also, Hot Toys has come a LONG way. For some laughs; google "Hot Toys Superman Returns" and just look at those pictures. LOL. I'd post them but I'm on my cell

RocBase

Disappointed by the total lack of P3 stuff with the movie just having come out. Where the hell is my Yukari figure, god damn it!
The figure treatment for Persona in general sucks. It's always been a huge disappointment, to say nothing of the overall quality. P4 had everything going for it yet we still got stuck with mostly Yukiko's and Rise's, and Aegis is still the only P3 character people pretend exist. I fully expect to see tons of Rise's and nothing else when that dancing game comes out.

All around frustrating, especially considering it's such a popular franchise. This shouldn't be happening!

I think I might go for the Eren from Koto and hope the GSC one also looks good. Eren looks so good each time I look at it in the better images people keep adding. Brave-act pose is too serious and dull.

If GSC go with the image they used to announce him then he has the potential to look even cooler than Koto's – wouldn't hurt to have both though :p

I really hope we see GSC do Levi, considering how their trend has always been Mikasa first, Eren second, third Levi then next Armin. They've done this with the nendos and figmas, and now that they've announced an Eren scale maybe this means we'll see scales of the other characters too...hopefully this way I can finally have a guaranteed nice looking Levi fig.

Yeah the Brave-Act series looks awful and after the whole Levi debacle, I'm definitely passing on their other releases. Even though they announced Hanji and Erwin it doesn't look like the SNK hype is dying any time soon, so I'll just wait for someone else to cash in on these guys.

Bombless

Finally took the time to assemble this up. Forgive the cables mess, I'll fix that later. Super happy with the Vittsjo. I need at least a second unit since not everything fits inside (as expected). I'll replace the other shelves I have with more of those too while I'm at it.

Thanks for the idea Johnsmith, the setup is great.

Bottom rows said:
Upper row said:
Top row said:

I was thinking to use the lowest row as dvd/BR storage with Bladis boxes but I think I might toss my Collector's Edition games in there, these take a ton of space.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally took the time to assemble this up. Forgive the cables mess, I'll fix that later. Super happy with the Vittsjo. I need at least a second unit since not everything fits inside (as expected). I'll replace the other shelves I have with more of those too while I'm at it.

Black electrical tape will be your best friend in making those wires disappear.

WolfStark

Regarding the Freddy Vs. Jason:
I would love it if Kotobukiya manages it that you could hide Jasons Face behind the mask, I like Shunyas idea of her face and hair, she somehow resembles Cassie Hack from Hack/Slash but such a minor swap-possibility would be pretty cool.

Nah, I think it's just the lighting. It's been an issue with a few pieces at the show. GSC Mikasa especially.

Thought about that too but wasn't sure, the nose okay but the lips looked wrong too. I am not too concerned though, since Mara was on the NYCC (I think that was it) too and there she looked gorgeous.

Arkadios

A lone Strike Freedom protecting his bishes...

Edit: Derp. There's a Woody too, although too busy worshipping Bayonetta, it seems.

gokieks

Going through that list of WonFes figures, saw that a Elizabeth Mably figure is being made. While Freezing is pretty much fan-service mediocrity (though the first season's OP was pretty decent once you remove the asian rap parts), I rather liked her character design. This pose though, is just... ugh:

redxmaverick1391962745.jpeg

(Satellizer's is obviously even worse, but I would never want a figure of her anyway).

johnsmith

remember me
Got my B/C Lucy today. She's in absolutely perfect shape. I don't think she was even displayed, as she still has the plastic around her waist. The box was dinged to C because the plastic became unglued from the box, but is otherwise perfect. B/C's are the way to go if you ever see them to save some bucks.

Still waiting on my Scanty, who I actually bought a week earlier. I hate when this happens. It makes me worry about something happening to the figure I bought earlier.

Got my B/C Lucy today. She's in absolutely perfect shape. I don't think she was even displayed, as she still has the plastic around her waist. The box was dinged to C because the plastic became unglued from the box, but is otherwise perfect. B/C's are the way to go if you ever see them to save some bucks.

I'm starting to think that's just something AmiAmi does with their pre-owned figures, because every one I've ordered has still been wrapped in sheets of plastic.

Chibi-Labrys GK

Sega - Revolutionary Girl Utena Prize figure

Funny how Utena doesn't get a figure for eons, then MegaHouse announced one. Now we have others coming as well. I'm wondering how this one will be in terms of quality for 1.7k when the MegaHouse one may be comparable, and a lot pricier.

you won't see many quality persona figures because the character design look really plain. you have to put in some effort into the pose if you want to sell a figure like that. aigis looks great on her own, everyone can see the appeal. she makes a great figure.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally taking some stuff out I picked up in the last few months but hadn't unboxed.

Mother of god, is the brown skin Lineage Dark Elf gorgeous. If you had your eye on her get her now before she's all gone.

Arkadios

Going through that list of WonFes figures, saw that a Elizabeth Mably figure is being made. While Freezing is pretty much fan-service mediocrity (though the first season's OP was pretty decent once you remove the asian rap parts), I rather liked her character design. This pose though, is just... ugh:

redxmaverick1391962745.jpeg

(Satellizer's is obviously even worse, but I would never want a figure of her anyway).

At the back you can see a bit of a maid(?) Super Pochako figure(that plump friend of Soniko).

dani_dc

I was thinking to use the lowest row as dvd/BR storage with Bladis boxes but I think I might toss my Collector's Edition games in there, these take a ton of space.

The random Woody grabbing Bayonetta in the second picture made me laugh, thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom