• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's an interpretation of 2 horror icons by a guy that does really gorgeous girls, it was bound to ruffle some feathers. I think they're must haves if only for the WTF factor. I quite like Jason-chan, Freddy-chan less so. Not even a slight burn mark anywhere, Shunya doesn't like his beauties damaged I guess ;)

I don't think there was a real reason to do this. Horror fans and figure fans don't overlap quite the way anime and video game fans do. Of course, I may reverse course when I see actual sculpts, who knows?

kewlmyc

Top 10 I want (If I had endless money):

1. Eren (Koto)
2. Labrys (Alter)
3. Mikasa (Pulchra or GSC)
4. Nanami (Phat)
5. Hinata (Koto)
6. Frau (GSC)
7. Sorceress (Orchid Seed or Megahouse)
8. Kogami (UCI)
9. Akane (UCI)
10. Sol Badguy (Embrace Japan)

Looking forward to prototype:
1. Raiden (UCI)
2. Komaeda (Koto)
3. Chamber (GSC)

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!?
1. Lloyd (Alter)

The dream is dead:
1. Gligamesh (Megahouse)

Josephl64

I guess this is my list, probably won't even get half of them though:

Priority

Black Heart 1/7 scale by Alter - Love the game series, and it's Alter~

Tiamo by Max Factory - She's a FE girl so it's a must. Sadly it's from one of the lesser FEs, but it's amazing nonetheless. Hopefully someday we'll get better figures with girls from the first 6 or 8 games.

Kongou by Max Factory - This looks like perfection~

Shimakaze by Good Smile Company - She just looks great

Probably

Bike Miku by Max Factory - This looked so great until I realized she doesn't come with the bike, if the paintjob is good on both and it's affordable I'll probably get it though as my first Miku since I love bikes.

Yumi by BEAT - Will probably get her unless a better version comes out before then

Yomi by BEAT - Same as above

Yamato by Max Factory - Looks cute so why not?

Laura Bodewig by FREEing - Definitely want this, but probably can't afford it

Need More Info

Musashi by Good Smile Company - A Kancolle figure...what can I say? Waiting for it painted though...

Kancolle Bath Collection by Good Smile Company - They just look so cute, just waiting to see what all 6 announced so far will cost...

I-168 by Max Factory - It's Kancolle, but I want to see the sculpt

I-19 by Max Factory - Same as above

I-58 by Max Factory - I want to see it painted first

Yuudachi by Phat Company - Need to see a sculpt

Shimakaze by Phat Company - Same as above

Zuihou by Phat Company - Same as above

I-168 by FREEing - Have to see the sculpt, cost, and see if it's worth it compared to Max Factory's

Ikazuchi by Pulchra - Want to see it painted

Inazuma by Pulchra - Same as above

Kagerou by Pulchra - Same as above

Shiranui by Pulchra - Same as above

Rensouhou-chan and Shimakaze by Aquamarine - Need to see the sculpt

Yukikaze by Aquamarine - Same as above

Laura Bodewig by Aquamarine - Want to see her painted

Kongoukaini by QuesQ - Have to see the sculpt

Sendai by BEAT - Want to see her painted

Naka by BEAT - Same as above

Super Sonico by Vertex - Want to see her sculpt

Super Sonico by BEAT - Going to wait for reviews after it releases

Super Sonico by CM's Corporation - Want to see her sculpt

Super Sonico by Wings Company - Need to see her painted

My Disappointments

Kay from Girls und Panzer didn't get a sculpt at the show

Is Psychic being done by Shining Wizard?

I would assume, since he's done all of the 2020 figures thus far.

Also, we get a look at the new base for the Spider-Woman bishoujo. Guess they opted not to go with the pillar.
1779264_649946478375139_1286641462_n.jpg

Bombless

Bike Miku sold without the bike. Blargh. Freaking GSC with their shenanigans again.

Also I'm striking the Avengers figmas off my list, those prices are whack. 6k+ for Thor, 7k+ for Iron Man? What the hell. At this rate I'll need to pawn my first born for this hobby.

I hope they keep the Starfire base though.

Given the pose, penis-rock has to stay. Unless they resculpt the rock or something. But given that this is slated for August, it looks like she's pretty much done.

EDIT: oh, look. That rock isn't so penisy after all. They definitely changed it from the illustration.

WTF Spider-Woman base!? I'd rather just have a plain black base, nice and simple. The thickness make her look small in comparison.

Also where's the invisible jet for Wonder Woman? Guess $60 can only get you so much plastic.

It's been gone for a while. I don't think it even made it beyond the concept art. It's a shame, because it would have been a really neat touch. Still, I think this WW bishoujo is much better than the original.

Last pics I saw had a small notch which I assumed was for the jet. It was a while back though. She's looks like she's going to be larger than the original too even though they're both 1/7.

With all the WonFest news last night, I completely forgot to order Snow Miku. Just corrected that oversight. Something that cute cannot be allowed to exist without being mailed to me.

Last pics I saw had a small notch which I assumed was for the jet. It was a while back though. She's looks like she's going to be larger than the original too even though they're both 1/7.

Well, I think this one may be a more accurate representation. She's got more amazon-like proportions, here. And I like the classic WW skirt, too.

Her invisible jet got blown up in the Lego Movie.

This is true, I saw it happen.

kewlmyc

Can't believe I just saw this. She was the best thing about this mediocre show. Mushibugyo from Mushibugyo. I'm probably the only person here who cares though.

198607.jpg

Can't believe I just saw this. She was the best thing about this mediocre show. Mushibugyo from Mushibugyo. I'm probably the only person here who cares though.

Don't sweat it. I seem to be the only person who gives a shit about Himeji Castle from Max Factory, though Chrono did secretly put it on his MFC wishlist. XD

chrono01

Don't sweat it. I seem to be the only person who gives a shit about Himeji Castle from Max Factory, though Chrono did secretly put it on his MFC wishlist. XD
Haha, she looks great.

I've been meaning to make a "BEST OF..." list for WonderFes, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. You can bet, though, that Himeji Castle will be on it.

Ryuuroden

BULLSHIT, how dare you ignore me >.< lol, shes up there with Jeanne D'Arc which no one else here does care about as the most awesome looking figures from the show.

kewlmyc

My Kongiku got cancelled on Mandarake. First time that's ever happened to me. More popular than I thought for her to sell out in less than one minute of posting her.

RMI

Banned
I thought I was kinda done with figmas, but I'll definitely be getting the Kill la Kill ones...and the respective nendos.

Me too. I'm totally down for the Kill la Kill ones and Motoko Kusanagi.

Also just saw this and am really excited:

WWf14EtrianHeader.jpg

I loved Etrian Odyssey IV, and while I would prefer PVC figs and not plastic kits, I'll take what I can get.

I'm also getting somewhat hyped for Alter Labrys, but it's a shame she's not 1/6 like Aegis.

Woah! other good news is my Dizzy made it from Tokyo to NY JFK in 5 days via SAL! hopefully it gets to my house this week.

Astarte

Silent Hill Figmas coming too.

Oh man, I always wanted a James! Hope he comes with a pillow.

Also, as much as I wanted this figure something puts me off from wanting to buy it...

166952.jpg

Seriously puts me off. I'll wait for it to get painted, but eh.

Disappointed by the total lack of P3 stuff with the movie just having come out. Where the hell is my Yukari figure, god damn it!

There was that FEMC figure that no one took a clear photo of. Though it probably was announced a long time ago.

They should make a new Akihiko figure, just saying~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom