• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

How is Union Creative? Because if she turns out well, I neeeeed this:

Kat from Gravity Daze

Not sure, but they're the only ones making Psycho-pass stuff, so I hope this and their Psycho-Pass lineup a good.

Also, Frau is colored. Surprised I didn't see this on any of the sites I visit.

r5MPmUV.jpg

kunonabi

i'm enjoying it although i'm still near the end. The big overarching plot seems lame but I like the characters. Frau is awesome though. I haven't seen see Stein's Gate so that might be why I'm not so down on it.

kewlmyc

I've never seen it. How is the series? Amazon is selling the first part on Blu-Ray for $20.

Not as good as Steins;Gate, but has a cast of likable characters (some are pretty bland though). The plot doesn't really go anywhere until the second half (kinda like Steins;Gate), and when the plot does happen, it's rather odd considering the premise of the show. Frau is the best character in it, though. She makes the series memorable with her dialogue and JP voice actress. Think of a cute female Daru from Steins;Gate.

Ooo, Millia Rage. I wonder if they'll be going down the entire Guilty Gear Xrd list.

millia%20rage-noscale.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of her new outfit, but the sculpt looks great.

Cool. My Dizzy needs some company. Hopefully Millia and Sol Badguy end up have good painjobs and QC.

EDIT: Here's yet another Mikasa. So far, this one's my favorite due to her base. Is Pulchra a good fig company?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
i still think this alisa is the best one so far

164557.jpg

I have that pre-ordered, but I'm considering switching for the Arcadia version... I'm still debating between the two. I don't know anything about PLUM, though.

Fairy Tail's Erza was announced by Good Smile Company? Awesome!

I have that pre-ordered, but I'm considering switching for the Arcadia version... I'm still debating between the two. I don't know anything about PLUM, though.

Yeah, I'm probably going to go with Arcadia's version of Alisa, because they're also making a Nana Kazuki. The Ciel figure from GSC, I'm not sure about at all.

The only AoT figure I wanted was Figma Mikasa but after I picked the anime back up from episode 1 im kinda wanting a Sasha.
nobody else really interests me though because im not really bing on their designs.

javac

A bit off topic but I blindly pre-ordered the bluray for this show (Robotics;Notes) because it was cheap enough. Any idea if it's good? The character designs look cool enough :p

LiK

Not sure, but they're the only ones making Psycho-pass stuff, so I hope this and their Psycho-Pass lineup a good.

fuck, so cute and she's playing with a mech. double otakuness

Bombless

With that giant hammer God Eater figure and owning Naoe already, I'm considering a BIG HAMMERS collection. There's also Koto's Harley and probably a few others out there.

Alisa's manufacturer is one of the errors in that list if Moeyo is to be believed. They're saying it's PLUM again.

Edit: I didn't notice Labrys was the naked costume version when she was posted before. I think that's actually more interesting visually, but Alter has the better pose still.

Alisa's manufacturer is one of the errors in that list if Moeyo is to be believed. They're saying it's PLUM again.

It appears so. MFC made the edits already. Thanks for the tip. Obviously, this means Nana Kazuki is also from PLUM.

Okay, so I don't have to buy the current PLUM Alisa. Yessssssss.

Ryuuroden

My list of stuff I will be considering:

Good Smile Company

Fairy Tail - Erza Scarlet - GSC
Fairy Tail - Natsu Dragneel - GSC
Fairy Tail - Gray Fullbuster - GSC

One of the Following 2:
Shingeki no Kyojin - 1/8 Mikasa Ackerman - Kotobukiya
Shingeki no Kyojin - 1/8 Mikasa Ackerman - GSC

One of the Following 2:
Shingeki no Kyojin - 1/8 Eren Jaeger - GSC
Shingeki no Kyojin - 1/8 Eren Jaeger - Kotobukiya

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai - 1/8 Takanashi Rikka - Kotobukiya

Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yamato - Max Factory

Samurai Princess Muramasa 1/300 Mimeji Castle - Max Factory

Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Tiamo - Max Factory

Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yuudachi - Phat Company
Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Zuihou - Phat Company

Kill la Kill - Kiryuuin Satsuki: Kamui Junketsu ver.

Psycho-Pass - Tsunemori Akane - Union Creative
Psycho-Pass - Kougami Shinya - Union Creative
Ghost in the Shell SAC - Kusanagi Motoko - Union Creative

One of the following 2
Madoka Magica - 1/7 Akemi Homura - Aniplex
Madoka Magica: Hangyaku no Monogatari - Homura - Aniplex

Basically I gotta work that down to 6 and probably less than that just to leave room. Gonna try to keep my buying to a total of 12 a year now or 1 a month on average.

Alright, a lot of people had huge lists of what they liked, myself included. So I want to narrow it down to the best of the best. The top 10 that I must own, assuming prices aren't stupid.

Top 10 Figures of WonderFest

1) Himeji Castle - Samurai Princess Muramasa - 1/300 - Max Factory
2) Koujirou Frau - Robotics;Notes - 1/8 - Good Smile Company
3) Psychic - 7th Dragon 2020 - 1/7 - Max Factory
4) Satan - Seven Deadly Sins - 1/8 - Orchid Seed
5) Labrys - Persona 4: Arena - 1/8 - Alter
6) Starfire - DC Comics - 1/7 - Kotobukiya
7) Cordelia - Fire Emblem: Awakening - 1/7 - Max Factory
8) Souryuu Asuka Langley (Jersey Ver.) - Evangelion Q - 1/7 - Alter
9) Lum Invader - Urusei Yatsura - ?/? - Kotobukiya
10) Queen Muse - Grand Knights History - ?/? - Wing

george_us

In no particular order:

1) Bishoujo Starfire
2) Megahouse Dandy
3) Phat Company Kiryuuin Satsuki - Kamui Junketsu
4) Megahouse Sorceress
5) Orchid Seed Satan
6) Maaaaaybe Orchid Seed Sorceress

That's really it so far.

eh

1) psychic dragon 2020
2) ciel god eater
3) nana god eater
4) native figures whatevver they may be
5) deadly sins
6) labrys
7) beach racing miku
8) idolmaster girl (phat company)

so far

kunonabi

Alright, a lot of people had huge lists of what they liked, myself included. So I want to narrow it down to the best of the best. The top 10 that I must own, assuming prices aren't stupid.

Top 10 Figures of WonderFest

1) Himeji Castle - Samurai Princess Muramasa - 1/300 - Max Factory
2) Koujirou Frau - Robotics;Notes - 1/8 - Good Smile Company
3) Psychic - 7th Dragon 2020 - 1/7 - Max Factory
4) Satan - Seven Deadly Sins - 1/8 - Orchid Seed
5) Labrys - Persona 4: Arena - 1/8 - Alter
6) Starfire - DC Comics - 1/7 - Kotobukiya
7) Cordelia - Fire Emblem: Awakening - 1/7 - Max Factory
8) Souryuu Asuka Langley (Jersey Ver.) - Evangelion Q - 1/7 - Alter
9) Lum Invader - Urusei Yatsura - ?/? - Kotobukiya
10) Queen Muse - Grand Knights History - ?/? - Wing

if i had to cut down, which i do, i'd say:

Figma
Zero Suit Samus
ALBW Link
Kiryuuin Satsuki
Matoi Ryuuko

Samus might go bye as well if she ends up too metallic/shiny looking

neandoroid
Mako Makanshoko
Matoi Ryuuko
Kiryuuin Satsuki

Phat
Kiryuuin Satsuki

Good Smile Company
Koujirou Frau

Bayonetta's face is kinda meh so i can do without. Satsuki is a must have though.

Starfire's face looks a bit off. Not Tekken Lili-like bad but just kind of meh for me.

All I'm getting out of Wonfes that hasn't already been shown is Nendoroid Link, Touch Detective and maybe Card Captor Sakura as well. Really light load.

The worse part is I'd probably have to wait till the end of the year for them to be released.

Ryuuroden

I just noticed there are 2 Takao figures from Arpeggio, I really really like Ques Q's

Also, I gotta say but Pulchra's Mikasa looks the best of all of them, at least right now. Love the base and the face looks better than GSC's to me, at least for now.

Bombless

Also, I don't think I made this clear last night - I HATE the Freddy and Jason bishoujos. They just look so boring! Ugh.

Well, it's an interpretation of 2 horror icons by a guy that does really gorgeous girls, it was bound to ruffle some feathers. I think they're must haves if only for the WTF factor. I quite like Jason-chan, Freddy-chan less so. Not even a slight burn mark anywhere, Shunya doesn't like his beauties damaged I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom