• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
i really don't get the appeal of Miku. i have the localized game preordered tho. maybe i'll become a fan.

I didn't get it either. I only imported diva f after needing a new rhythm game to move onto from DJMAX. I didn't get hooked right away, but I've droped about 30 hours into that game unlocking everything and just having fun. Also got diva 2nd for PSP and Dreamy Theater 2nd for PS3 and Figmas and you can see where this is going.

once she gets her hooks into you...

godspeed.

i really don't get the appeal of Miku. i have the localized game preordered tho. maybe i'll become a fan.

I played the demo of the Miku game. I suck horribly at it. I can barely manage on easy. When they start throwing in different buttons and directionals (some at the same time), forget it. Not my type of game, I guess.

But seeing as I don't have any Miku figures (AND it's a Dragon 2020 figure AND it's scultped by Shining Wizard), I need to get this one.

chrono01

Yeah, Miku is my only January figure so far. If I can keep it to one or two figures per month, I'll be happy. All I really want so far are some Attack on Titan figures, the two Megahouse Dragon's Crown figures (assuming they don't get the same insane pricing that Labby did), and the Alter Labrys.
I'm interested in all of those, as well, although I'll need to see the Attack on Titan figures first. I was kind of hoping Alter would have picked them up considering GSC's quality control hasn't been top-tier as of late, but they are getting better. I think Inori was their lowest point and have been slowly working their way back up since [well, if you don't count the Snow Miku 2012 defects, although they definitely handled it well by apologizing numerous times and sending out replacement items free-of-charge]. There's Kotobukiya too, so we'll see!

I'm not too interested in the AoT figma's, though, since I generally don't care for them [unless they are the Nintendo-themed ones], and the Nendoroid's [while amazing-looking] aren't entirely convincing me yet.

But yes, if I can limit myself to 1-2 figures per month, 2014 will be a lot more manageable. At least, that's the ideal plan...

How can you not love this? Doesn't it just make you want to go "DAAAAWWWW" with adorable cuteness?

iC2tf6mIaEKkE.gif

BTW 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku is 10,115 yen at HS. Ouch!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10237175

LiK

I played the demo of the Miku game. I suck horribly at it. I can barely manage on easy. When they start throwing in different buttons and directionals (some at the same time), forget it. Not my type of game, I guess.

But seeing as I don't have any Miku figures (AND it's a Dragon 2020 figure AND it's scultped by Shining Wizard), I need to get this one.

yea, the sculpt is really nice. but i'm so full of figure preorders for the rest of the year that'll have to pass even if i want it.

II'm not too interested in the AoT figma's, though, since I generally don't care for them [unless they are the Nintendo-themed ones], and the Nendoroid's [while amazing-looking] aren't entirely convincing me yet.

I'm probably going to wait for the scaled AoT figures. I'm not a big figma guy. I just think the PVC figures look better for display than poseable figures. Ugly joints and whatnot.

But yes, if I can limit myself to 1-2 figures per month, 2014 will be a lot more manageable. At least, that's the ideal plan...

I think it's mostly a matter of self-control. Looking through my orders, there are some in there that were impulse buys, and I didn't absolutely need. Something like Chelsea? Absolutely must get. No regrets, there. But you need to find your own scale of what you can live without, versus the ones that are truly worth the money.

LiK

hm, i just noticed that canceling on HLJ's new system is instant. It used to take a few hours for the cancellation to go through. I like it.

johnsmith

remember me
yea, the sculpt is really nice. but i'm so full of figure preorders for the rest of the year that'll have to pass even if i want it.

Buy an extra one to sell to fund the one you keep. She's guaranteed to sell out, and if Samurai doubled in price right after release (it's tripled now) this one probably will to.

chrono01

I think it's mostly a matter of self-control. Looking through my orders, there are some in there that were impulse buys, and I didn't absolutely need. Something like Chelsea? Absolutely must get. No regrets, there. But you need to find your own scale of what you can live without, versus the ones that are truly worth the money.
Words of the wise, my friend. That's the way I'll handle things in 2014.

I often-times, at least for 2013, hit the pre-order button on figures that I later thought "...eh, maybe I could do without it...", but since it's AmiAmi, I didn't want to cancel and risk the cancellation of the figures that I absolutely did want to purchase and were more than not already sold out.

My goal for 2014 is to analyze each purchase before I pre-order, and gauge both the manufacturer as well as the sculptor. I'll carefully per-use all available pictures, and try to decide whether it's something I absolutely want in my collection. For instance, I have Irma [Queen's Blade] coming in my July 2013 AmiAmi order and I could have done without her. I'm sure she'll be a fine figure, but it's not one that I need [in retrospect]. Lucifer and Elf that are bundled with her, though? Those I desperately require.

It seems to be a habit of me to pre-order as soon as the item hits AmiAmi since I'm afraid it will sell out immediately due to popularity, but that rarely happens. Even ones that are immensely popular, such as Tharja, are still available months later. I need to train my finger not to react on impulse and think things through before-hand.

LiK

Making room for Miku? ;)

haha, nah. Hot Toys is taking over!

Buy an extra one to sell to fund the one you keep. She's guaranteed to sell out, and if Samurai doubled in price right after release (it's tripled now) this one probably will to.

alright, you convinced me but i'll only buy one to flip. might keep if i become a fan of the game but will buy strictly for profit. dammit johnsmith, you're the devil on my shoulder.

johnsmith

remember me
alright, you convinced me but i'll only buy one to flip. might keep if i become a fan of the game but will buy strictly for profit. dammit johnsmith, you're the devil on my shoulder.
We're all enablers here.

And I don't see how you can regret getting Max Factory's Mai. She's gorgeous, one of my favorites.

Jube3

1/6 GI Joe Bruce Willis, Silver Centurion preordered.

On the edge about preordering 1/6 Raynor. HNNNNNGGGGG

Same, Sept 2014 (which will be more like feb 2015) for Silver Centurion though :(

Cap and Joe are overpriced to me. Maybe cuz they made them con exclusives. Gonna pass on both. I don't really like the look, tbh.

I might pass on cap but only because I have 3 Caps already and plan on getting the winter soldier version. A retro shelf with old school Batman, Robin and Cap would look cool though. hmm

ptown

Figure GAF, I want your advice.

I missed out on getting Pit figma early and now the prices are higher. Are re-releases like the Link and Samus figmas common and I should wait it out? Or should I buy now?

I missed out on getting Pit figma early and now the prices are higher. Are re-releases like the Link and Samus figmas common and I should wait it out? Or should I buy now?

They're not always common, but more importantly, there's no set scheduld for re-releases. What prices are you seeing for Pit?

LiK

Yea, no rerelease for Pit announced so far as far as I know. Not sure if he'll get a rerelease since he's not as popular as Samus and Link but who knows.

Goodsmile had Pit displayed at ACEN. I don't know how much longer they will wait, but there will probably be a US rerelease after Samus and Link. I don't know how big a hurry your in, but I can ask at NYCC.

I know, right? I might attach it to my messenger bag, or maybe from my cell phone. OOH! I might attach it to my belt!? The possibilities, they are endless!

In all seriousness people spend the 7000 to sponsor the racing team and, mostly, for the figma. The other items are superfluous.
Yeah, the Racing Miku figmas are fairly limited releases due to only being available through the Good Smile Racing sponsorship program.

Miku in a Super GT Race Queen getup always gets me lol...I have the 2011 and 2012 editions that came out earlier this year:

2011 (re-release version)
rJHu7PV.jpg

piI2JPm.jpg

Ragingnight put up a scaled-figure prototype of Racing Miku 2013...looks great, but I just happen to be more into figmas.

RMI

Banned
I bought Project Diva for Megurine Luka, who's 1000x better than Hatsune Miku any day.

This is true.

Megane is my JAM.

I'm mostly into Figmas, so for me it's kind of a bummer that Miku gets a ton and so far there is just the one Megurine Figma and also not even a Meiko Figma.

RMI

Banned
I'm going to break down eventually and get that racing Miku Figma.

god damn it.

sounds like there's no limit to these things as long as you get your order in before the cutoff in September.

So I'm at IKEA grabbing a couple detolfs... And the glass on the display models is like, blue-ish. Is that normal, or are they just terribly old display models? Because that's some ugly glass.

Bombless

god damn it.

sounds like there's no limit to these things as long as you get your order in before the cutoff in September.

Eh, I already have Miku 2.0 figma preordered, not going to start a Miku line. She looks nice though, I wonder what accessories will come with it (if any).

So I'm at IKEA grabbing a couple detolfs... And the glass on the display models is like, blue-ish. Is that normal, or are they just terribly old display models? Because that's some ugly glass.

The edge looks turquoise-ish like a lot of glass, but straight on the panels are just clear on mine. I got them new a couple of weeks ago.

I pre-ordered that one Miku figure on the last page. WHY.

Just good taste man, that's all.

Also, Happy Birthday to both of you! :D

The edge looks turquoise-ish like a lot of glass, but straight on the panels are just clear on mine. I got them new a couple of weeks ago.

Just good taste man, that's all.

Also, Happy Birthday to both of you! :D

Okay, just checking. The floor model must have been old as shit, then. It was a bit beat-up, too. It's probably been sitting there for years.

Now that it is officially August 2nd [at least in North America], Happy Birthday to Freezasaurus and GuardianE!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! :D

god damn it.

Yeah, I got paid today and I just pre-ordered the damn thing...LOL

If anything this one should be a little cheaper than the 2011 and 2012 figmas I ordered before since the dollar-to-yen exchange rate is getting better.

Does anyone have any info or where I can get updates when certain Hot Toys are going to ship? Right now, Hulk, Catwoman, Tony Stark and Iron Man MKVII are all scheduled to ship in August. I don't care how well I'm doing financially, that is just stupid if they ALL drop around the same time.

LiK

Does anyone have any info or where I can get updates when certain Hot Toys are going to ship? Right now, Hulk, Catwoman, Tony Stark and Iron Man MKVII are all scheduled to ship in August. I don't care how well I'm doing financially, that is just stupid if they ALL drop around the same time.

where did you order from?

SUPARSTARX

It happens sometimes. Did you do Flexpay or single payment? It's gonna look silly on your statement lol

$300 Hulk
$280 Tony Stark
$250 IM Mk7
$190 Catwoman

You can email them to delay payment/shipment if you'd like.

FutureVoid do you have a pic of you Hot Toys Collection??, it seems like you order everything :)
lol, I order a lot yeah. Makes it easier that I don't care about Iron Man figures so I can skip all of those. If I was an Iron Man fan, I'd be fucked.

Ask though and you shall receive:

imLymsKbHXgvV.JPG

ibjXgGguQNNHum.JPG

ibwx52ZzbcqN9k.JPG

ibeJ92HJ7UPUr6.JPG

iLCTeQpZ0kGku.JPG

ibugQmfQMYNFz6.JPG

A few more:

http://i.minus.com/iLjKzMDstnudX.JPG
http://i.minus.com/ikruS1R9VmfqP.JPG
http://i.minus.com/ikrJlYq3T2uGB.JPG
http://i.minus.com/ibvcNOsHRwPVA2.JPG

I've got on order:

ED-209 Hot Toys
Robocop Hot Toys
Boba Fett Super Trooper Version
The Joker 1/6th Scale from Sideshow
Darth Vader 1/6th Scale from Sideshow
The Crow Hot Toys
Gipsy Danger Statue

I'll be ordering Striker Eureka and I think I'm done for awhile until Adam West Batman comes up.:D

Catwoman arrives August 8th. I'll have pics up then. She has a spot waiting for her in front of Batman and Bane.

george_us

Got my Bishoujo Power Girl and it looks awesome! Thank you Giolon, Freezasaurus, johnsmith, and Bombless into badgering me to buy it.:p

My third and final figure is now a choice between X-Force Psylocke or Huntress. Both look spectacular. Leaning towards Psylocke but dat wait until December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom