• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mr0tqtieDf1qzk1r4o4_500.jpg

It's so beautiful.

chrono01

Isn't the blonde from that lip licking gif that gets posted here?

I've got these preorders

Lineage II Elf (now in private warehouse but here for completeness)
Lineage II Dark Elf Blue
Lineage II Dark Elf Brown
Lineage II Kamael

At one point I had Akira/Rei Yamamoto and X-Force Psylocke but canceled.

chrono01 is the winner.
I might technically be the "winner" but I'm also the winner in "Spending of Money". Granted they're for items I feel worthy of, so I don't personally mind, but when I look at the dollar amount spent, it can be shocking. O_O

BTW nice job on collecting the Lineage II girls. I'm likely to pre-order Kamael later, I'm just trying to find a way to fit her into my budget. It wouldn't feel right to collect the other two [well three, I guess, if you included color variants]. That's my reasoning, anyway! :)

Ahhh what the hell, Miku ordered! It's not like I have anything else preordered for January at the moment.
If you like Hatsune Miku or, at least her design, and the look of the 7th Dragon 2020 figure, you definitely made the correct decision! She will definitely sell out and, given past 7th Dragon 2020 releases, only increase more in-price post-release. I feel pretty confident in the figure turning out amazing since:

1) Max Factory
2) Shining Wizard!
3) Past 7th Dragon 2020 figures by Max Factory have been incredible

She's an extremely safe pre-order to make. I'm positive that you'll be happy with her.

My condolences to your wallet.
And the stress level/F5 key associated with One Piece figure pre-orders.

Seriously, it's war.

You order characters you don't even know? FigureGAF doesn't fuck around.
I do it all of the time, hence my abundance of figures. >_<.

Often-times the figures will be what get me into their respective anime [or other material the figures is based on].

Jayhawk

Now I am 40 episodes into One Piece. I can feel my wallet being lighter just by looking at items for sale on Mandarake and Amiami's pre-owned section. I need to research more on One Piece figures before I commit to any purchases.

Now I am 40 episodes into One Piece. I can feel my wallet being lighter just by looking at items for sale on Mandarake and Amiami's pre-owned section. I need to research more on One Piece figures before I commit to any purchases.

At that point, I would probably be realizing my mistake of getting into One Piece to begin with.

Also, how do you watch 40 episodes so quickly? Shit. I watched 18 episodes of Super Robot Wars in the past two days and I can't close my eyes without seeing robots.

Jayhawk

One Piece so far has been generally light hearted, so it has been easy to marathon. Watching a show marathon is what happens when I have nothing better to do on a weekend, and I didn't feel like playing video games. Tomorrow is a holiday in Canada, so I am hoping to finish 60+ episodes before the weekend is done. Then I will slow down on my pace.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, I'm grabbing it. This'll probably be super expensive in a couple of years. I have my fingers crossed for lots of delays in December.

It's been up on amiami for like, three days. Where have you been? ;)
Well that was a failure on your part and everybody else who saw it to not post about it here! Figures based on foreign properties are easy to miss on JP sites.

Yeah, I'm grabbing it. This'll probably be super expensive in a couple of years. I have my fingers crossed for lots of delays in December.

Enabling +1

Awww yeah. Besides, the wording on that one is different from that on the usual provisional pre-orders, like they don't expect to get too many of them.

Bombless

Interesting style! Not that appealing to me but it's a really nice piece.

Thanks Chrono, will look it up. Sounds fun as hell.

Giolon

Decided I should update my avatar. I realized I hadn't taken much in the way of photos of my ebCraft Selvaria since I got my new camera over a year ago.

Think I'll try this out for a little while, based off this photo I just took:

I was going to use the whole thing, but you can't see her eyes when you shrink it down so much.

Well that was a failure on your part and everybody else who saw it to not post about it here! Figures based on foreign properties are easy to miss on JP sites.

lol, trying to shift the blame.

I thought it was a bit of an oddball item when I saw it. With that 70's hairstyle and everything. I like the way the text is done on the base, though.

Deprive

Whoa! This just popped up out of nowhere.

I'm a fan of Rockin' Jelly Bean's work and I wish the prices on his Invisible Woman weren't ridiculous, might have to think about grabbing this.

Saw this while browsing Hobbysearch. Didn't care for the Jelly Bean IWoman.

But Mystique looks really nice. Damn Dec is gonna be a expensive month.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright figure GAF. I need to downsize again, that means figure give away! firsts to respond gets dibs etc.. Just need to pay shipping!

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Flay Allster - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse)

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Sonozaki Shion - Excellent Model - 1/8 (MegaHouse)

Dead or Alive - Kasumi - 1/6 (Max Factory) - claimed

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Cagalli Yula Athha - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse)

Genshiken - Oono Kanako - 1/8 - Cosplay (Good Smile Company) - Claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Kusuha Mizuha - 1/8 (Toy's Works Banpresto)

Mai-Otome - Yumemiya Arika - 1/8 (Kotobukiya)

Super Robot Taisen - Latouni Svorta - 1/8 (Toy's Works) - claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Kusuha Mizuha - 1/8 - Alpha III Ver. (Toy's Works) - claimed

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Lacus Clyne - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse) - Claimed

chrono01

Alright figure GAF. I need to downsize again, that means figure give away! firsts to respond gets dibs etc.. Just need to pay shipping!

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Flay Allster - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse)

Genshiken - Oono Kanako - 1/8 - Cosplay (Good Smile Company)

Super Robot Taisen - Kusuha Mizuha - 1/8 - Alpha III Ver. (Toy's Works) - claimed

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Lacus Clyne - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse)
I'm not going to participate personally, but you're awesome for doing this.

Just letting you know!

johnsmith

remember me
Wow, that's really nice of you. Unfortunately all the ones I like seem to be claimed already.

I haven't listed my preorders yet, they don't seem that bad compared to a lot of you guys. My September is absolutely brutal, but at least I've got nothing in August, October, or November.

September 2013
Metroid - Samus Aran - Figma (Max Factory)
Persona 4 - Satonaka Chie - High Priestess (Megahouse)
Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Petanko (Penguin Parade)
Persona 4 - Kujikawa Rise - Petanko (Penguin Parade)
Lineage II - Dark Elf - 1/7 - Blue Skin (Max Factory)
Lineage II - Dark Elf - 1/7 - Brown Skin(Max Factory)
Persona 4 - Elizabeth - Premium Prize (Taito)

December 2013
Dangan Ronpa - Enoshima Junko (Algernon Product)
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Tharja- 1/7 (Max Factory)
X-Men - Mystique - Super Mixture Model (Mamegyorai)

January 2014
7th Dragon 2020 - Hatsune Miku - 1/7 (Max Factory)

Unknown Release Date
Persona 3 - Kirijou Mitsuru - Wonder Showcase #062 (Santakari) (E2046 prepainted)

There's a lot of other stuff I want to get, like Kamael, Alter's Kanetsugu Naoe, and Vertex's Mitsuru, but I really need to cut down on my purchases. Plus there's another 9 figures I'm going to order as soon as they become available.

Fantomex

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Lacus Clyne - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse)

Thats awesome of you to do that. Too bad im only into Tformers and superheroes. Im sure youre making poeple on here really happy with this stuff thats basically free!

I haven't listed my preorders yet, they don't seem that bad compared to a lot of you guys. My September is absolutely brutal, but at least I've got nothing in August, October, or November.

September 2013
Metroid - Samus Aran - Figma (Max Factory)
Persona 4 - Satonaka Chie - High Priestess (Megahouse)
Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Petanko (Penguin Parade)
Persona 4 - Kujikawa Rise - Petanko (Penguin Parade)
Lineage II - Dark Elf - 1/7 - Blue Skin (Max Factory)
Lineage II - Dark Elf - 1/7 - Brown Skin(Max Factory)
Persona 4 - Elizabeth - Premium Prize

That's pretty rough, but my September isn't too much better.

I've got figma and Zero Suit Samus, Estelle (Tales of Vesperia), Makise Kurisu (Kotobukiya), and now, thanks to the delay, Akira Yamamoto.

Bombless

/bow

Awesome poster is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom