• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

Megahouse Labrys is up for pre-order for those of you with lots of money to waste. While you're at it, you can buy me one, too.
Megahouse just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Figure culture (I'm an expert), but price points and shelf space are huge parts of it. If you screw collectors over with overpriced scaled figures, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by re-releasing previous grail figures at half the price.

What this means is the figure-collecting public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Megahouse figures of any scale, nor will they purchase any hugging pillows or oppai mouse pads from any franchise. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Megahouse has alienated an entire market with this move.

Megahouse, publicly apologize and re-price Labrys or you can kiss your business goodbye.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, Berserk figmas sure shot up in price. I started watching the movies, and was thinking of grabbing a Guts figma. It looks like the Band of the Hawk Guts is available for pre-order, but the others are pretty expensive now.

Deprive

Man, Berserk figmas sure shot up in price. I started watching the movies, and was thinking of grabbing a Guts figma. It looks like the Band of the Hawk Guts is available for pre-order, but the others are pretty expensive now.

I can see the Guts figmas being expensive. But Griffith shelf warmed for like 6 months, so I would be surprised if the price on that is high.

Finally found pics.

c5lhzjR.jpg

rwEtHN1.jpg

No release date so I'm guessing it won't be out till 2014.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright figure GAF. I need to downsize again, that means figure give away! firsts to respond gets dibs etc.. Just need to pay shipping!

FYI they are loose.
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Flay Allster - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse) - Claimed

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Sonozaki Shion - Excellent Model - 1/8 (MegaHouse) - Claimed

Dead or Alive - Kasumi - 1/6 (Max Factory) - claimed

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Cagalli Yula Athha - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse) - Claimed

Genshiken - Oono Kanako - 1/8 - Cosplay (Good Smile Company) - Claimed

Mai-Otome - Yumemiya Arika - 1/8 (Kotobukiya) - Claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Latouni Svorta - 1/8 (Toy's Works) - claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Kusuha Mizuha - 1/8 - Alpha III Ver. (Toy's Works) - claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Kusuha Mizuha - 1/8 (Toy's Works Banpresto) - Claimed

Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Lacus Clyne - Excellent Model - 1/8 - RAH DX 5 (MegaHouse) - Claimed

Super Robot Taisen - Serena Recital - 1/8 (Toy's Works) - Claimed

Rumble Roses - Hinomoto Reiko (Konami)

Full Metal Panic! - Teletha Testarossa - 1/6 - Race Queen White (Abarest Color) Pink Underwear ver - Claimed

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Suzumiya Haruhi - 1/8 (Max Factory) - Claimed

s-CRY-ed - Adjani Scheris - Excellent Model - RAH.DX Sunrise-Edition (MegaHouse)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - Kirijou Mitsuru - 1/8 (Alter) - Claimed

Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra - KOS-MOS - 1/8 - Ver.4 (Atelier Sai) - Claimed

More added!

chrono01

Megahouse Labrys is up for pre-order for those of you with lots of money to waste. While you're at it, you can buy me one, too.
While she looks great, and I'm sure will be worth the money to some [that is if they don't continue the disappointing quality-control with the Persona-line], I'm really finding it difficult to 'pull the trigger" with Alter's release out there.

I mean, granted Alter might price theirs at close to 10k yen [their prices, as well as other manufacturers, are slowly increasing as more time passes], but I trust their quality control more and I can order her from a site I normally use, and thus, save on shipping cost.

Also, December 2013 release. ;_;

LiK

More added!

are these all loose?

People familiar with the One Piece P.O.P. figure line: Does this website contain all the collections? http://pop-onepiece.blogspot.com/p/pop-collections.html

I am using that site's list of figures to help me browse Amiami's pre-owned section and Mandarake.

yup, it's pretty good.

If you want the first series this one is it: http://pop-onepiece.blogspot.com/2011/08/portrait-of-pirates-original-serie.html

I own all of them and still have them on display. Great quality. Some of them have been rereleased so they're not that expensive. Watch out for bootlegs tho.

While she looks great, and I'm sure will be worth the money to some [that is if they don't continue the disappointing quality-control with the Persona-line], I'm really finding it difficult to 'pull the trigger" with Alter's release out there.

Dude, as soon as I saw that price, I was never going to "pull the trigger" on this one. This should be, at most, a $90 figure. Fuck Megahouse.

LiK

Yup and a bit dusty!

looks like the ones i'm interested in are claimed. you reminded me i should do the same thing for my loose figures. maybe i'll try selling them on ebay first and if they don't sell, just give them away to Gaffers,

chrono01

Dude, as soon as I saw that price, I was never going to "pull the trigger" on this one. This should be, at most, a $90 figure. Fuck Megahouse.
Yeah, as I stated earlier, I really don't know what Megahouse is thinking on this one. :/

I know it was "in-the-works" prior to Alter's version, but to release it at that price? Surely they can't expect it to sell that well, especially considering the exclusive nature.

Jayhawk

yup, it's pretty good.

If you want the first series this one is it: http://pop-onepiece.blogspot.com/2011/08/portrait-of-pirates-original-serie.html

I own all of them and still have them on display. Great quality. Some of them have been rereleased so they're not that expensive. Watch out for bootlegs tho.

Thanks for the confirmation on that site's information. I am actually looking at the NEO series and NEO-DX series stuff, instead of the Original series. Due to my fear of bootlegs and the POP figures being popular candidates for bootlegs, I am sticking to Amiami's pre-owned section and Mandarake for my hunting of older stuff.

Hnnnnnnnnngh.

Whether or not to get Devil Survivor Airi.

It's a bad sign where rarity determines my purchase, rather than what I'd want if it was going to be available forever.

Hnnnnnnnnngh.

Whether or not to get Devil Survivor Airi.

It's a bad sign where rarity determines my purchase, rather than what I'd want if it was going to be available forever.

I was just pondering the same thing. Even though she's been up on amiami for some time, I guess she just isn't moving. I kinda would, but she's made by Megahouse, who I'm still mad at over the Labrys pricing.

I may be over it in time for Akira Yamamoto in September, but still too mad right now.

LiK

Thanks for the confirmation on that site's information. I am actually looking at the NEO series and NEO-DX series stuff, instead of the Original series. Due to my fear of bootlegs and the POP figures being popular candidates for bootlegs, I am sticking to Amiami's pre-owned section and Mandarake for my hunting of older stuff.

wish you became a fan sooner. I sold my Frankie a few months ago. Was still sealed in box.

I have a feeling both Devil Survivor girls are going to end up in the bargain bin.

It seems like it. They both went up for pre-order a good while ago, and AmiAmi seems to have felt the need to recirculate them to the front page. Airi is adorable, and she's not too bad for $60, but I think she can go lower. Especially considering how tiny she is.

chrono01

Yeah, Coldcast figures [while they have impressive flesh tones/colors] really aren't worth it.

They're very expensive, brittle, and can only be shipped via EMS [at least in the case of AmiAmi]. To me, it's really not worth the stress/aggravation.

LiK

Yeah, Coldcast figures [while they have impressive flesh tones/colors] really aren't worth it.

They're very expensive, brittle, and can only be shipped via EMS [at least in the case of AmiAmi]. To me, it's really not worth the stress/aggravation.

I like them. Other than their fragility, the sculpt is usually closer to original prototype/GK and no worries about warping in heat.

The first Guts release is really hard to find now, that is one of my favorite Figmas. As someone said earlier Griffith is a shelf warmer, but the new Guts Band of the Hawk will probably sell out super fast too.

chrono01

I like them. Other than their fragility, the sculpt is usually closer to original prototype/GK and no worries about warping in heat.
That's true about warping and such. They are more durable in some regards [after fear of the shipping process], but I personally wouldn't take the risk of damage during shipping. I'm paranoid enough when it comes to regular PVC figures. >_<

Their color tones are great, though.

Is EMS super expensive or something? I used that to preorder Akainu.

chrono01

Is EMS super expensive or something? I used that to preorder Akainu.
It can be, it depends on the weight and size of the objects. It also has a higher chance of being taxed when going through customs, although I rarely experience that in Canada [thankfully].

I ship the majority of my items via EMS since I combine orders from AmiAmi and, given the size/weight of them all once they're in-stock, it's my only real option [there's no way in hell I'll ever ship through SAL Parcel]. Also, I'm an impatient bastard and needs my item(s) as soon as possible!

Smaller items, though [also ones I'm not in a hurry for] I tend to ship via Registered SAL [when it's possible].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom