• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Totally placed an order for that. How does Mandarake work exactly?
\(^_^)/

They'll check to see if it's still available, unless it's a super-popular item, it should be. Then they'll send you a payment email with the total cost [including shipping] and, once you pay it, they'll ship out your order in a few days. Depending on the shop, sometimes my order has shipped out that same day, although with the holiday there until the 19th, that's unlikely. It will probably ship out early next week.

Great purchase, BTW.

I know what you and I agreed to...BUT THIS IS MILLA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!

...*ahem!*, sorry for getting excited there. As you might be able to tell, I love her.

So do I. And she's a nice figure. But I'm kind of at a point where I'd rather focus on the new and exciting [pre-orders] than hunting down stuff that came out before I got pulled back into figure collecting.

Toki767

\(^_^)/

They'll check to see if it's still available, unless it's a super-popular item, it should be. Then they'll send you a payment email with the total cost [including shipping] and, once you pay it, they'll ship out your order in a few days. Depending on the shop, sometimes my order has shipped out that same day, although with the holidays for the next few days, that's unlikely. It will probably ship out early next week.

Great purchase, BTW.

Ah, so there's still a chance that it could be not available then? Well if I get it I'll get it. If not then it just wasn't meant to be. Also I chose DHL. Should I have picked EMS?

chrono01

So do I. And she's a nice figure. But I'm kind of at a point where I'd rather focus on the new and exciting [pre-orders] than hunting down stuff that came out before I got pulled back into figure collecting.
Understandable.

I tried, at least. I would feel repressed should I not have!

Ah, so there's still a chance that it could be not available then? Well if I get it I'll get it. If not then it just wasn't meant to be. Also I chose DHL. Should I have picked EMS?
It only happens on rare occasions, since the online stock isn't updated instantly to correspond with store stock. You should be absolutely fine, though. They're generally pretty quick to update.

I usually choose EMS since where I live [Canada] DHL is usually always hit with charges. It happens occasionally with EMS, but only on much larger shipments and it's very uncommon. It's only happened maybe...4-5 times, and I have many shipments per month. I'm not sure if DHL will be the same for you.

Either way, once you get your payment email, I'm sure if you contact them they'll change your shipping option to EMS should you want to. Milla isn't overly large, so Registered SAL is another option should you want to save a bit of money. She will take considerably longer to arrive, however.

chrono01

If you like trying, feel free to try and find me a Love is War DX Miku for a reasonable price. ;)
Wuh-Hey! Now that is a challenge, pal...a full-time job!

Should I see one for a reasonable price, I'll let you know. What's "reasonable" to you, though? $200? Given her status, anything less than that will likely be difficult [unless you manage to secure one of the limited re-releases at events GSC attends]. :(

Jayhawk

The Love is War DX Miku is probably the only Miku thing I would want to buy. I didn't know GSC sold some re-releases at events.

Wuh-Hey! Now that is a challenge, pal...a full-time job!

Should I see one for a reasonable price, I'll let you know. What's "reasonable" to you, though? $200? Given her status, anything less than that will likely be difficult [unless you manage to secure one of the limited re-releases at events GSC attends]. :(

I'm kicking myself now because I saw one a few weeks back for $220. The rest that pop up on MFC seem to be around $400 or some other insane price no one is going to pay. If you do see one, I think anything under $300 is worth consideration.

Holy fuck, if anything needs a re-release, it's this.

chrono01

I'm kicking myself now because I saw one a few weeks back for $220. The rest that pop up on MFC seem to be around $400 or some other insane price no one is going to pay. If you do see one, I think anything under $300 is worth consideration.

Holy fuck, if anything needs a re-release, it's this.
Yeah, a lot of people seem to be clamoring for it, and for good reason. She's breath-taking.

If I see her listed anywhere [well, for a reputable store] for under $300, I'll let you know!

Jayhawk

I noticed a few pages back there was discussion on the topic of moving when you have a collection of figures. Kinda late, but my contribution to the discussion... I had to move a few months back, but it wasn't a big problem for me because I kept all my boxes. The boxes weren't kept in mint condition, but they served their purpose of transporting my figures. I was also able to grab some bigger boxes from work to store my figure boxes in groups.

I have yet to unpack the figures from my boxes, since the place I moved to is being renovated. The living room where I plan on setting up my figures is almost done being renovated, so I have been spending the past week or so looking at shelving and lighting options. I hope to have some decent pictures in a month or two once I buy and setup all the shelves and lighting. Once I unpack my figures and pose them, I think I might rent a small storage locker to hold all my boxes since my new place doesn't have as much storage space.

LiK

wow guys, that is ridiculous.

d1d5475bb8796eb50013accdce37ae44.jpg

Love is War DX* Miku is like, my holy grail right now. With a bishoujo Batgirl in second.

* there is a non-deluxe version of Love is War Miku, but it just pales in comparison. No giant speakers, only a fraction of the platform...

Jesus, you weren't kidding. How the hell does it fit in there?

Haha, right? There was a point at which I considered leaving it off but gave it one more shot. I'm not sure if it was luck or because I tried pushing at more of an angle(with more space between the figure and cape) instead of just straight upwards, but it held finally. Jiggling was required, as well.

Good luck!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Looks like they've suspended selling of the AlphaMax Sorceress for the time being.

People on MFC are speculating that this might be due to some feedback, and that they are making adjustments. http://dat.2chan.net/46/res/670164.htm

Honestly, I'm kind of relieved, if that's true. Like I said, I really want a Sorceress figure, but this one just seemed a little too off for me, specifically the face and bustline.

LiK

Looks like they've suspended selling of the AlphaMax Sorceress for the time being.

People on MFC are speculating that this might be due to some feedback, and that they are making adjustments. http://dat.2chan.net/46/res/670164.htm

Honestly, I'm kind of relieved, if that's true. Like I said, I really want a Sorceress figure, but this one just seemed a little too off for me, specifically the face and bustline.

Bust is fine. The face could use some work. I dunno why but the unpainted face looked better for some reason.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bust is fine. The face could use some work. I dunno why but the unpainted face looked better for some reason.

The bustline looks off because she has weird nipple-less breasts since the dress is so low cut. And they are a smidge too big proportionally for the character, too. They're each twice the size of her face, whereas the in-game sprite/artwork has them just a little bigger than her face. Or maybe it's because her face is too small for her head in the sculpt? I think that could be what's throwing the proportions for me.

And her expression just looks sleepy to me. The unpainted face made her look concerned, but now she looks bored. I think it has everything to do with the eyes... they made them heavier lidded.

LiK

The bustline looks off because she has weird nipple-less breasts since the dress is so low cut. And they are a smidge too big proportionally for the character, too. They're each twice the size of her face, whereas the in-game sprite/artwork has them just a little bigger than her face. Or maybe it's because her face is too small for her head in the sculpt? I think that could be what's throwing the proportions for me.

And her expression just looks sleepy to me. The unpainted face made her look concerned, but now she looks bored. I think it has everything to do with the eyes... they made them heavier lidded.

Yea, the eyes definitely need work. Kinda reminds me of the Bishoujo Xiaoyu. Sleepy eyes.

Toki767

I'm so tempted to buy that Milla figure on Plamoya for $114 now. Wish they had some sort of discount on it. Seems like virtually every other thing on their site is discounted currently.

August onslaught continues. Today I got #1 on the list of already released figures I'm searching for. Yamato's Hattori Kiriko:

Box isn't super interesting, but I got one in good condition
andkfam.jpg

Back shot for the Shunya fans
9UNrrES.jpg

Kiriko
Y517Lbc.jpg

Close-up
yJFtOSq.jpg

So glad I finally managed to get her. Like most Yamato x Yoshizawa Mitsumasa figures, I don't have any complaints. With the odd exception, the style and quality is consistent with them, and they're some of my favourite figures. Kiriko might even be my favourite.

Since Mitsumasa's latest sculpt is being handled by Algernon Product, hopefully they do equal or greater justice to his work.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still mulling over the G.E.M. Aladdin, but I realized there is an Bandai Aladdin in the works. Sadly no release date yet.

127988.jpg

and the 'half age' Aladdin, also no date T__T

129214.jpg

Plus all these other cool Magi figures :( Please release these, Bandai!

RFNMfAK.jpg

Playing Tales of Xillia and I am liking each character and I should have maybe ordered those Alter Xilla figures when I had the chance but I'll make due with the "Prize Figure Millia" XD and plus I've order the Alter ToV Estelle.

I wouldn't mind an Alter Alvin, if they ever make one though =D

johnsmith

remember me
Still mulling over the G.E.M. Aladdin, but I realized there is an Bandai Aladdin in the works. Sadly no release date

Not a fan of figuarts. They are the size of figmas, barely above prize figure quality, but a lot more expensive. I'll never buy one again.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not a fan of figuarts. They are the size of figmas, barely above prize figure quality, but a lot more expensive. I'll never buy one again.
Oh, I have never had any of these Figuarts ZERO line (I have lots of other S.H. Figuarts though which I quite like). I figured that being Bandai the quality would be acceptable. The pics are definitely low-res though so I can't tell much.

I was looking at a recent Aladdin prize figure though (currently selling for $25+ on ebay, sigh) and it looked quite a bit worse than the biggest pic above.

Rootbeer

Banned
Also those Magi figures are awesome, I hate the delay Bandai has with releasing figures sometimes. Just started reading the Manga.
Me too! And I'm exicted about the upcoming season of the anime.

There's speculation that these figs could be releasing shortly since the anime is starting up again soon. I hope it's true.

LiK

I'm so tempted to buy that Milla figure on Plamoya for $114 now. Wish they had some sort of discount on it. Seems like virtually every other thing on their site is discounted currently.

Why not go NY? It's around the same price with shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom