• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Let me guess : A giant Titan, a Saber, a Miku.

Any classics I missed?

edit : Btw Chrono, I finally saw Oreimo. The episode of that Gif is so me waiting for my Dragon's Crown copy from VG+ it's scary.
If this were GSC manufacturing them, I have a feeling the three mentioned would be guaranteed. However, since it isn't, the possibilities are endless!

Haha, Dragon's Crown does look incredible. I actually have my copy now [it came with that amazing art book], but I'm not playing it at the moment since I decided to start Tales of Xillia first [I'm having a lot of fun with that one!]. I'll get around to it eventually, though. You don't get many games of that style anymore, and it's Vanillaware. How could I not love it!?

Haha, Dragon's Crown does look incredible. I actually have my copy now [it came with that amazing art book], but I'm not playing it at the moment since I decided to start Tales of Xillia first [I'm having a lot of fun with that one!]. I'll get around to it eventually, though. You don't get many games of that style anymore, and it's Vanillaware. How could I not love it!?

I made the mistake of playing Dragon's Crown to level 17, then starting Xillia. When I went back to play Dragon's Crown for a bit yesterday, I just couldn't give a fuck about any of it and went right back to Xillia. I'm sure I'll pick it up again after I'm finished with Xillia, but a beat-'em-up with RPG elements just can't compete with an actual JRPG.

Still looking forward to those Dragon's Crown figures, though. Hopefully they won't feature the Megahouse Labrys-style pricing. Right now, I just want to see them painted.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises to get hyped for Selina Kyle. Debating on looking into the Batpod, but I'm sure prices are through the roof now. Need to check.

Anyway, figure Gaf. Im getting heavy into toy photography and will be getting a real cam soon and try to rely less on filters and more on lighting and focus. Follow me on instagram if you'd like.

@madness80

Toki767

I made the mistake of playing Dragon's Crown to level 17, then starting Xillia. When I went back to play Dragon's Crown for a bit yesterday, I just couldn't give a fuck about any of it and went right back to Xillia. I'm sure I'll pick it up again after I'm finished with Xillia, but a beat-'em-up with RPG elements just can't compete with an actual JRPG.

Still looking forward to those Dragon's Crown figures, though. Hopefully they won't feature the Megahouse Labrys-style pricing. Right now, I just want to see them painted.

I decided to not even open up Dragon's Crown until I've finished playing Xillia. Definitely want that Elf figure though.

johnsmith

remember me
Looks like it's going to be a slow week.

We are on holiday from August 14 to August 18 (Japan time, GMT+9).
We will not ship orders or answer emails during this time.

AmiAmi will be closed from Wednesday, August 14 until Sunday, August 18 for the Japanese traditional summer holidays known as Obon.

Jayhawk

Japan on holidays hopefully means I don't have to keep a lookout for figures on Mandarake and Amiami pre-owned section during that time.

Anony

rest in peace wallet
going to japan was a bad idea

QKei1EC.jpg

*note i bought some more stuff not shown in pic because it was take 2 days ago*

^ Nice Eas. Lovely figure.

Got Elf today:

Box shot(bit dented, ugh):
d9jalBf.jpg

Figure itself:
4kjNzRJ.jpg

I'm really pleased with her. She looks great in person. Shining Wizard strikes again. Expect the cape to be a pain to fit though.

I think I've got 7 more figures to come this month, including 1 grail, so yeah more pics incoming later :D

Jayhawk

Tempted to buy the Sorceress figure, but it's a little too expensive for my liking. Is that the only Sorceress figure that has been announced for release?

johnsmith

remember me
Tempted to buy the Sorceress figure, but it's a little too expensive for my liking. Is that the only Sorceress figure that has been announced for release?

Orchid Seed is making one too.

I'm buying her without hesitation. I think she looks really good and the price is about what I was expecting. I'll be buying the Orchid Seed version too most likely. Vanillaware is what got me into figures. Momohime and Velvet are 2 of
my all time favorites, and I'm going to grab all the Dragons Crown figures unless something disastrous happens with the end result on one of them.

LiK

I'm buying her without hesitation. I think she looks really good and the price is about what I was expecting. I'll be buying the Orchid Seed version too most likely. Vanillaware is what got me into figures. Momohime and Velvet are 2 of
my all time favorites, and I'm going to grab all the Dragons Crown figures unless something disastrous happens with the end result on one of them.

My fellow boob bro.

Jayhawk

Boob bros are going to enable me to buy this Sorceress. :(

I will wait until after work today to make my decision. Maybe it will sell out before then, so I don't have to decide!

Jayhawk

You're not making my decision easier, johnsmith!

By the way, may you please add http://www.sideshowtoy.com/ to the OP's list of Western shop links? It's probably the best place to buy Hot Toys figures and I see quite a few people in the thread buy them. I'm one of those people that spends hundreds on Hot Toys, yet complains about a $100 Sorceress figure. Ugh.

EDIT: www.animarket.com and www.thegrandlineshop.com can also be added to the shop lists as those two shops seem to sell legit One Piece figures and are a good place to look if Amiami and the other main sites are sold out.

LiK

You're not making my decision easier, johnsmith!

By the way, may you please add http://www.sideshowtoy.com/ to the OP's list of Western shop links? It's probably the best place to buy Hot Toys figures and I see quite a few people in the thread buy them. I'm one of those people that spends hundreds on Hot Toys, yet complains about a $100 Sorceress figure. Ugh.

I support this since SS is the only one who sells the exclusives as well.

gokieks

The cost isn't a huge deal, but my desire to support Vanillaware and their products is in conflict with my complete lack of desire to actually have on display a figure of the Sorceress (who, it must be said, is one of the weaker Vanillaware character designs IMO).

Jessicat

No one's posted about the Devil Survivor 2 protagonist nendoroid going up for pre-orders? You guys suck :p Lookit how cute he is! And there's an added Byakko with him too X3

Also, that Yami Marik figure is up for pre-order too~ Hurray for dude figures that aren't terrifying like the Batman up there XD
*posting from my phone, hope those pics work ^^;

Have there been any updates about those chibi Digimon Adventure figures from GEM? I have limited 'net access (read: my phone is crap), dunno if there's been any info or release dates revealed for them yet o_O

I'm buying her without hesitation. I think she looks really good and the price is about what I was expecting. I'll be buying the Orchid Seed version too most likely. Vanillaware is what got me into figures.

I dunno yet. I need to see what Orchid Seed's figure looks like first. If I get a Sorceress, it'll only be one of the two. No one needs that much tit-flesh, and I don't really like character redundancy in my collection.

Bombless

I just got Dragon's Crown a few hours ago! That Sorceress face is a bit dissapointing....but I might bite. Giving myself a bit of time to think about it.

I just got Dragon's Crown a few hours ago! That Sorceress face is a bit dissapointing....but I might bite. Giving myself a bit of time to think about it.

No! Stay strong, brother. I'm waiting to see what the Orchid Seed version looks like, because the face on this one make her look like she's bored. I do like the base, but that isn't enough.

chrono01

Up on amiami now: 10,280 JPY http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001756&page=top

Not really my jam, but the paintwork and base are excellent.
I'll have to give this one some thought. Her facial expression isn't what I expected and, while more "oppai" in my collection is never a bad thing, I'd rather purchase one Sorceress instead of 2. Hopefully Orchid Seed will have their sculpt ready soon, but then...this IS Orchid Seed. She'll likely be a year or two away from release. -_-

Belldandy with Holy Bell got delayed to next month. Not exactly shocking, but... bah.
Well damn.

Sure my August is now ridiculously cheap but, with Insane Black Rock Shooter and Belldandy with Holy Bell, as well as Dark Elf and Yuki already scheduled for September, not that month is expensive. I was hoping to get at least Belldandy with Holy Bell or Insane Black Rock Shooter this month. Having to pay for them both [and their size] in addition to a couple other figures? Ouch.

I might just opt to ship one of them one their own via EMS. I can't imagine the EMS cost of shipping both of those together with more figures in addition...

chrono01

You think the wait will be that bad? Is it just because they take longer to go from sculpt to painted to release?
They just take a long...long time with anything they do.

They seem to be releasing the Seven Deadly Sins line pretty consistently, although they have been delayed a couple of times, but that might be because they're under a more strict time-frame [with a few other manufacturers handling them, as well]. With Orchid Seed figures, it can take a year for a sculpt to show up [after being announced] and even longer to see it painted. It varies, but generally when it comes to Orchid Seed, don't expect the final prototype anytime soon. ~_~

Maybe Sorceress will be different. Maybe. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

chrono01

Hmmm. How is Alphamax for quality? If Orchid Seed is going to take that long, I may get that one for now.
Alphamax has pretty nice quality. They're definitely gotten better over the last year or so and their Tony Taka girls are great. I just recently received their Mai Shiranui [Red Ver.] and she's amazing.

Honestly, I'm tempted to just purchase Alphamax's release as well since I know waiting for Orchid Seed's version will be painful. I mean, the possibility that she will be released early is always there, but given their past history I wouldn't expect it.

To put things in perspective, they had another figure that was announced four years ago [Snow from Blassreiter] and she's not even painted yet.

Their Panty was announced over a year ago and she's only now been painted. They don't have any promotional shots of her yet either, so I can't see her being released for another 6 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom